Toast Toovey and Macaffer announce their retirement

Remove this Banner Ad

Thought Toovey might try to get on another list.

Premiership players, not stars but great role players and clubmen.

The average list age drops somemore.
If Swan and Cloke finish with us as expected, Pendles and White are our oldest players.
Well done to both players on fine careers. I'm very glad they've "gone out on their own terms".

Goldsack is 29, 30 next May, and will be the oldest if he remains on the list, and Swan and Cloke leave.

Well done to both players on fine careers. I'm very glad they've "gone out on their own terms".

Goldsack is 29, 30 next May, and will be the oldest if he remains on the list, and Swan and Cloke leave.

Sorry left Goldsack out but by all reports he's also on the way out.

I'm still clinging on to the (very faint) hope that Swan will play on and that Cloke will be retained. I think the club should be a bit concerned if there's too much of an exodus of the mature age types, so I'm hoping Goldsack stays around for perhaps one last year.

Tooves was one of my faves during our successful years. Defensively he was immense, and if it werent for his disposal (which at times i thought was unfairly maligned around here), hed have been a multiple All-Australian.

Gonna miss his defensive efforts.
Agreed, really missed him dearly when he was out with his ACL. Didn't notice quite how solid he was in defence until then.

Sad to see them go!
I loved them both when they were in their prime and throughout our Premiership winning campaign

All the best lads!

:beercheers:

Thankyou Tooves and McCafe.
Gave everything they had for the club.
Always a beer waiting at my house for both.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Will miss hearing the crowed shout TOOOOOOOVES when he grabbed the ball and dashed off half back. Extremely solid defender before his ACL.

As for Caff, will always remember one particular goal in the replay when he snapped it over the back of his head at the top of the square and everyone went nuts. Hope we get to see him continue in the VFL next year.

Congratulations to these two Premiership players. Whilst not being blessed with the dominant skills of top tier players they certainly deserve an ovation. Not always a favorite of some BF posters either but they've been honest contributors for Collingwood and I for one I thank them.

Only for the fact that he can't seem to get his body right. Plays a game then goes out again with another injury. Sad enough we're losing two premiership players who also appear to have been great clubmen, but even sadder should Goldsack retire as well.

Another couple of 2010 stars being shown the door. Thanks bucks!

Take it to the Bucks thread this ones about Collingwood Premiership Players retiring

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Toovey and Macaffer announce their retirement

Remove this Banner Ad

Back