Status
Not open for further replies.

Frederlick

Club Legend
Mar 10, 2007
Newport
AFL Club
Collingwood
Given the skill level of most of this team (admitedly against 2nd rate oppo) not good enough was he? Repeated clangers around centre wing. Frustarting because we would all like to think that this team has potential to get into a GF, but as was shown last year, you only do that without having to carry passengers.

:rolleyes:Get your hand off it.

Toovey wasnt the best but didnt disgrace himself. Held his man attacked the ball and made two obvious mistakes.

I have no ____en idea what you want from the kid, 30 touches and ten goals a game wont happen.

Just give the a kid a break FFShe isnt half as bad as you all say.

Embarrassment get your head out of your arse:rolleyes:

Toovey was our worst player, from where I was sitting. However the team played so well, it doesn't mean he was an embarrassment. I'd imagine if Goldsack is fit for next week, he'll come in at Tooves' expense though.

Toovey was our worst player, from where I was sitting. However the team played so well, it doesn't mean he was an embarrassment. I'd imagine if Goldsack is fit for next week, he'll come in at Tooves' expense though.
this is true.

Toovey played decent but wasnt our best no doubt. I agree he'll be out next week for goldsack.

But calling him an embarassment is just talking shit, its just a massive grudge against the kid if it was any number of other players he would not be called an embarassment

:rolleyes:Get your hand off it.

Toovey wasnt the best but didnt disgrace himself. Held his man attacked the ball and made two obvious mistakes.

I have no ____en idea what you want from the kid, 30 touches and ten goals a game wont happen.

Just give the a kid a break FFShe isnt half as bad as you all say.

Embarrassment get your head out of your arse:rolleyes:

Agreed. He was our worst player, but that was easy to do today. FAR from disgraced himself, did some nice things indeed. In saying that, Goldsack in, Toovey out.... not because Toovey deserves to be dropped... but only because Goldsack is better.

Given the skill level of most of this team (admitedly against 2nd rate oppo) not good enough was he? Repeated clangers around centre wing.
Embarrassing? He had 10 kicks, 3 handpasses, 3 marks, 4 tackles and only 3 clangers. I'm not even in Australia currently, but I can see from here that he was certainly not an embarrassment.

Embarrassing? He had 10 kicks, 3 handpasses, 3 marks, 4 tackles and only 3 clangers. I'm not even in Australia currently, but I can see from here that he was certainly not an embarrassment.

Not our best but no where near an embarassment

I dunno, I think Rhyce Shaw cops more unwarranted criticism than Toovey.
He used too and trust me i defended him too (i have his number on my back) but some of the shit toovey gets just because he is on the list is incredible and rhyce is a good example of a player being able to fight through it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do we really need a constant scapegoat at Collingwood? If Lonie or Egan don't get a game we just move to the next player?

John Anthony got 4 possessions today on debut, if Toovey didn't get a game today would JA be the one everyone is bagging?

Ridiculous call. Made a couple of skill errors, but ran hard and worked for the team.

He'll never be more than a gap-filler for us, but I don't think he did himself any harm today.

Im not a big fan of the kid but I think some are being a bit hard. Apart from a couple of bad mistakes I was actually suprised how well he used the ball under pressure. He actually hit a few teamates on the chest.

Im not a big fan of the kid but I think some are being a bit hard. Apart from a couple of bad mistakes I was actually suprised how well he used the ball under pressure. He actually hit a few teamates on the chest.
one was a leading forward.

But like always why let facts get in the way

:cool:

Ok, so he wasn't our best player but far from an embarrassment. He tried his heart out.

Having a look at his stats from the game, he had more possessions than 5 other players, had more kicks than 9 other players & layed 4 tackles, which was up with the liked of Davis, Maxwell & O'Bree. & overall stats were better than Brown & Anthony. Far from an embarrassing effort.
He wasn't our best, but I'm never expecting him to be. But he wasn't our worst & it wasn't his worse game.

I think that no matter what game he plays in, how he plays, all the good things he does in games, poeple will always come down on him; sometimes for the most minor things. He will probably never be as flashy as Daisy, or as magnificent as Dids, or as good a full back as Clement or Heater. All that is beyond his control because those players are very good. I just wish you would all give the kid a break, he does a better job than any of you who give him sh!t. Not a single one of you 'Toovey bashers' could go out & train your arse off all week then go out & play infront of 70,000+ people. At least he got out there & had a go.

Watching the game, I cheered everytime he did something good & lets say I was cheering more times than I had my head in my hands. I felt he played better than last time we played Richmond.

& Yeah, he probably wont get a game next week because Goldy will be back. He obviously showed something in the VFL for hime to be picked over others...

So I may be looking through rose coloured glasses but hey, I'm going to stick by this kid! :)

He was horrible today.

He showed, yet again, that he is a good VFL player, but not up to it at AFL level.

He should be sent back to the VFL for the rest of the season and delisted at the end of the year. There is no point keeping him around when he is not going to make it.

Maybe he didn't put in an embarassing effort, but he showed clear as day that he will never be a good AFL player, and considering we have the likes of Stanley and Cox pushing for selection, and Goldsack and Reid returning from injury, I don't see any way that he could crack our side again unless we have mass injuries.

This poor kid cops so much unwarranted criticism on this board.

Because most of our young players step up so well straight away, we have no patience for the players who have to feel their way a bit. Thank god we have a coach who has a bit of patience and understanding for some players. How many of you would have delisted Leon Davis in 2002? Look at him now. Most of you called for Medhurst's head last year as well.

Toovey was not an embarassment today. In fact from where I sat, he seemed to have improved since last year, and that is all we can ask for.

For what it's worth, I would pick Goldsack ahead of Toovey next week as well. But Toovey showed some endeavour today, and all he gets met with here is condemnation.

Toovey and Anthony were both a bit out of their element today, both made errors and were not up with the pace of the game. Anthony did kick a couple of goals so not terrible but in contested situations he was very average, this is something he will fix with more game time. Toovey has a crack but makes some poor decisions and his kicking is something that needs to be worked on but he did ok today.

Certainly Reid and Goldsack will come in if they are fit.

He was horrible today.

He showed, yet again, that he is a good VFL player, but not up to it at AFL level.

He should be sent back to the VFL for the rest of the season and delisted at the end of the year. There is no point keeping him around when he is not going to make it.

Maybe he didn't put in an embarassing effort, but he showed clear as day that he will never be a good AFL player, and considering we have the likes of Stanley and Cox pushing for selection, and Goldsack and Reid returning from injury, I don't see any way that he could crack our side again unless we have mass injuries.

I know i am a toovey fan but vinnie that a load of bullocks.

With 14 touches and 3 clangers no where near horrible hit most targets one a leading forward on the chest and burnt off players.

I think alot of poeple may be letting there bias against teh kid change the scenery.

I didnt think he was great today but far from horrible/embarassing. I too feel he'll be out for goldsack next week

He was horrible today.

I would have expected better from you VV.

What was horrible about his game? He made 2 clear skill errors out of 15 odd disposals, one of them was a sweepng handpass that didn't quite hit the mark but it was a good option and he didn't have time to kick.

He beat several opponents, made some good tackles and broke the lines with his run out of defence.

I'm not a Toovey fan, but to suggest he was even remotely close to 'horrible' today is to just be stubborn with an opinion you have formed based on previous performances. If you praise the JA debut, and bag Toovey for his display then you didn't watch todays game. JA has more talent in his left testicle, but Toovey was the better contirbutor for Collingwoo today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back