Top 10 Indigenous Players

Remove this Banner Ad

No way Davis is up there. Is one of the most overated players of all time. Luckiest bloke to still be on an AFL list along with Shaun McManus.

Mine looks like this:
1-Goodes
2-Franklin
3-S Burgoyne
4-Mcleod
5-P Burgoyne
6-Wirrpanda
7-Wells
8-Lovett
9-Pearce
10-Michael Johnson

How about a team that looked like this

B. Hayden Grover Wirrapanda

HB Mcleod Johnson Johncock

W Pearce P Burgoyne Lovett

HF Aa Davey Ryder DMotlop

FF Farmer Franklin Williams

Ruck Goodes S Burgoyne Wells

Interchange
O’loughlin, Lovett-Murray, Headland, Al Davey, Bateman, McGrath, N Krakouer,
Stokes would have to get a game in there somewhere surely

who do you think are the top 10 indingenous players CURRENTLY playing?

mine would be
1. Mcleod
2. Franklin
3. S.Burgoyne
4. Wirrpunda
5. Aaron Davey
6. P. Burgoyne
7. Goodes
8. L. Davis
9. D. Wells
10. M. Johnson

stop twanging the wire, feller

goodes has to be in the top two, if not outright top
wirrapanda and aaron davey, and even peter burgoyne, are not in the same yard as goodes
shaun burgoyne, despite his generally disappointing 07 and his continued failure to live up to his true potential, should be on that list
michael johnson at freo is another who has yet to deliver on his potential, and would be well behind s burgoyne anyway, and surely from freo antoni grover would rate ahead of johnson on achievement
leon davis is not top 10
where's danyle pearce? where's michael o'loughlin? does mark williams (hawthorn) qualify? where's essendon's lovett and lovett-murray?

try: goodes, franklin, mcleod, o'loughlin, p burgoyne, pearce, s burgoyne, aaron davey, grover, wirrapanda

That's not bad - it is amazing to see how many people over rate A Davey and D Pearce.

pearce is a gem, i'd have him over the likes of leon davis or either of the daveys
the bloke i missed in my previous post is johncock, i'd put him in ahead of wirrapanda, whose accountability as a defender i question....maybe others would question johncock for the same reason
i also considered chance bateman for my list (see previous post)

Correct :thumbsu: am obviously biased but i would take Franklin ahead of Micky O. He is getting on a bit now and not really a match IMO

surely the context of this topic is CURRENT players, taking into account their whole careers
on that basis, o'loughlin is a long way ahead of buddy
and andrew walker, if eligible, is another who'd be right up there

He is better than any forward you have and your club would take him in a heartbeat. He needs to improve his consistency, but when on he is almost impossible to match up on.

nah, sorry, daniel motlop is talented but a notorious choker....i would not have him or jeff farmer, who's also talented but a liability

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Stokes would have to get a game in there somewhere surely

Even varcoe would be ahead of N Krakouer in that team

Micky O'Loughlin
Andrew McLeod
Adam Goodes

all managed to push themselves into the indigenous team of the century (1904-2004) so they have to be close to included on the list if not on the list.

1. Adam Goodes
2. Andrew McLeod
3. Michael O'Laughlin
4. Peter Burgoyne
5. Jeff Farmer
6. David Wiripunda
7. Buddy Franklin
8. Shaun Burgoyne
9. Aaron Davey
10. Daniel Motlop

Based on what they've done on their careers up to date, not on potential. Obviously, if it were based on current form and on potential, expect to see Buddy, Ryder, Wells, Burgoyne and Hayden higher up.

How is one Michael O'Loughlin not on many lists? The guy is a wizz and is the real magic and the fact that he plays sore with knee tendentious doing the things he does is amazing.

Though i guess the 2005 Grand Final were he missed quite a few sitters doesn't help his casue.

But i would rate Michael O'Loughlin then daylight then maybe Leon Davis.

And Adam Goodes should be 1st outright. The most complete player i have ever had the pleasure to watch and hardly misses a game. Played his 200 out of a 203 games say a lot.

Never forget a nice bit of play this year where Goodes won a ruck dual and then proceeded to rove his own tap out run his two other players and kick it lace out into magics hands. i was left there gob smacked.

How is one Michael O'Loughlin not on many lists? The guy is a wizz and is the real magic and the fact that he plays sore with knee tendentious doing the things he does is amazing.

Though i guess the 2005 Grand Final were he missed quite a few sitters doesn't help his casue.

But i would rate Michael O'Loughlin then daylight then maybe Leon Davis.

And Adam Goodes should be 1st outright. The most complete player i have ever had the pleasure to watch and hardly misses a game. Played his 200 out of a 203 games say a lot.

Never forget a nice bit of play this year where Goodes won a ruck dual and then proceeded to rove his own tap out run his two other players and kick it lace out into magics hands. i was left there gob smacked.

No doubt Goodes is a great player, but i rate Mccleod as better.. mainly for his big game performance.

2 norm smith medals says it all. What a superstar.

Mine are

1. Goodes
2. McLeod
3. Franklin
4. P. Burgyone
5. Wells
6. S. Burgyone
7. Ryder
8. Wirrpunda
9. Johncock
10. Pearce

That's on now, not ever