Aug 24, 2008
Victoria
AFL Club
Melbourne
As I see it, our top 3 performers as at the end of round 6 are ( in order):

1. Davey
2. Green
3. Bruce

Davey and Green also happen to be the best two kicks in the club IMO. I would rate them as the most skilled as well.

I agree that Green is one of our best and could very well be in the top 3 but...he has been out the last few weeks. So if we did the top 3 as of now, I don't think he'd be in it tbh.

Bruce can get lost.

1. Davey
2. Moloney
3. Frawley

The top two well clear of the rest.

I agree with those three, Frawley having a colin garland type year. Good to see mclean back in form had over 20 touches last 4 weeks, sylvia showing some good promise and closing the gap between his best and worst.

Jones improving his disposal, messen showing he can break even at AFL level. Petterd looking good with a full preseason unde rhis belt, With Robbo to get better with time and the excitement and sublime skill of Watts to come we may pinch a few games in the second half of the year.

I can't believe nobody has mentioned Cale Morton, I think he's been our second best player behind Davey.
1. Aaron Davey
2. Cale Morton
3. Brad Miller

I can't believe nobody has mentioned Cale Morton, I think he's been our second best player behind Davey.
1. Aaron Davey
2. Cale Morton
3. Brad Miller

Go wash your mouth out... nowhere near our best three, although he is starting to play ok.

1. Aaron Davey
2. Cameron Bruce
3. Brent Moloney

Most exciting:
1. James Frawley- looking like he'll be a star
2. Jamie Bennel- quickly starting to love this kid
3. Jared Rivers- I absolutely love this guy and so wicked to see him back

top 5 so far

(Green) - would be here but he's injured :(
Davey - best season so far
Moloney - second best so far, gets lots of the ball and uses it pretty well
Bruce - toss up with jones. Mr Consistency, it's a shame that includes his shanked kicks
Jones - toss up with Bruce, improved disposal and with the exception of Adelaide has arguably been in our top 5 players for every game this year

Miller/Petterd/Rivers - can't split them. all have been pretty good and are playing such different roles. Rivers and Petter probably get the nod over Miller for not being injured yet

Top 3
Davey
Moloney
_______ <- that is harder probably frawley or bruce.

Top 5
Davey
Moloney
Frawley <- Even
Bruce <- Even
Green <- did enough when he was in the side

I think I agree with the group consensus, Davey has been our best player without question. Moloney and Frawley have also been very good. Green and Bruce deserve hon. mentions as well. Miller has been pretty reasonable too considering our current situation.

I'm looking for Sylvia to join this list when we reach the season's helf-way point. Over the past couple of weeks, I've just got this feeling that he's building towards something.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Top 3 as at Round 6

Remove this Banner Ad

Back