Top 3 forward lines (personel) going into 2006?

Remove this Banner Ad

Cuzz09 said:
Here we go again! - You must have been waiting for an eagles fan to pop up hey!

Our forward line is not as bad as everyone thinks - I mean for how good Sydney's is they only kicked 1 more goal in the GF.

Oh well - have fun ;)

Yer, 1 more goal from 15 less inside 50's, go figure that!

With the amount of ball your midfield shoves down the forwards throats you should have kicked 10 more.

DST
:D

Johnson#26 said:
St.Kilda, Collingwood, Sydney.

It may look biased, but it ain't:

HF: Caracella, Rocca, Rusling/Didak - Didak hopefully in the midfield)
FF: T.Cloke, Tarrant, Fraser - Richards in the ruck.

May be a little top heavy, but, if these guys get going, we are going to kick some huge scores.

And there is a bloke called Buckley who is pretty handy as well...

just adding to this, For thye record, the pies were handicapped by the injuries of Rocca and Tarrant (was half fit) this year. When we got decent ball out of the centre our half foward line played some decent footy (young Travis Cloke played great games) we were able to knock off some top teams whose defence are well renowned. At full strength, if I was a defender I won't be having sweet dreams the night before they play us! :D

st.kilda is miles ahead of the rest

three top grade talls
gehrig, reiwoldt & hamill
best small in the game, milne
kosi can push forward and dominate too!!

sydney,
apart from hall do they actually have another key position forward??
they have three top notch flankers in
o'loughlin, n.davis & o'keefe

not the best structure tho

essendon does look good
two awesome key position = lloyd & lucas
hird
small in lovett pretty dangerous

freo could be anything
two great kp's = pavlich & mcpharlin
smalls, farmer & medhurst

pies is a bit different in my view
one true kp = rocca
best hff in the game = tarrant
caracella is as dangerous a mid sized finisher going around

buckley playing forward, who would play on him?? the best defender ie scarlett, basset types would have to u would think

that frees up t.cloke or j.fraser to get the fourth best backmen, instead of the number one or two like t.cloke had to deal with this year

s.rusling is the quickest player in the league, and he is tall and a decent mark, he could be anything but i wouldn't hold hope for much from him next year!

my ranks

1. st.kilda
2. collingwood
3. essendon

doppleganger said:
st.kilda is miles ahead of the rest

three top grade talls
gehrig, reiwoldt & hamill
best small in the game, milne
kosi can push forward and dominate too!!

sydney,
apart from hall do they actually have another key position forward??
they have three top notch flankers in
o'loughlin, n.davis & o'keefe

not the best structure tho

essendon does look good
two awesome key position = lloyd & lucas
hird
small in lovett pretty dangerous

freo could be anything
two great kp's = pavlich & mcpharlin
smalls, farmer & medhurst

pies is a bit different in my view
one true kp = rocca
best hff in the game = tarrant
caracella is as dangerous a mid sized finisher going around

buckley playing forward, who would play on him?? the best defender ie scarlett, basset types would have to u would think

that frees up t.cloke or j.fraser to get the fourth best backmen, instead of the number one or two like t.cloke had to deal with this year

s.rusling is the quickest player in the league, and he is tall and a decent mark, he could be anything but i wouldn't hold hope for much from him next year!

my ranks

1. st.kilda
2. collingwood
3. essendon

Collingwood at no. 2 is just laughable - I would think that 95% of non-Collingwood supporters would choose the Sydney forward line with our 'top notch flankers' any day of the week.

lazy said:
Collingwood at no. 2 is just laughable - I would think that 95% of non-Collingwood supporters would choose the Sydney forward line with our 'top notch flankers' any day of the week.
yes they would, 95% of non collingwood supporters will always go against collingwood no matter what is asked!!

ie people trying to suggest that the altitude training is ridiculous!!

key position forwards are the most important, st.kilda has 3or4 if include kosi

sydney only has 1, b.hall

essendon & freo have 2, most would count tazza as a key forward, (i dont) so pies2

structually all those teams are better off than sydney

doppleganger said:
yes they would, 95% of non collingwood supporters will always go against collingwood no matter what is asked!!

ie people trying to suggest that the altitude training is ridiculous!!

key position forwards are the most important, st.kilda has 3or4 if include kosi

sydney only has 1, b.hall

essendon & freo have 2, most would count tazza as a key forward, (i dont) so pies2

structually all those teams are better off than sydney

I would choose Micky over anyone from the Pies you would put up as your second KPP. And Okeefe is better than or at least equal to Tarrant (They at least play the same role)

So lets look at it -

Hall > Rocca
Micky > Cloke
Okeefe > or at least = Tarrant
Davis > Caracella or Didak

lazy said:
I would choose Micky over anyone from the Pies you would put up as your second KPP. And Okeefe is better than or at least equal to Tarrant (They at least play the same role)

So lets look at it -

Hall > Rocca
Micky > Cloke
Okeefe > or at least = Tarrant
Davis > Caracella or Didak
hall > rocca

tarrant > o'keefe

buckley > o'loughlin

didak = n.davis, think you forget that he played with the pies, was also given a huge rocket by roos due to poor form, yes has all the talent in the world but still hasn't done much apart from that brilliant last quarter against the cats

so that leaves

carracella, t.cloke & j.fraser

next

doppleganger said:
hall > rocca

tarrant > o'keefe

buckley > o'loughlin

didak = n.davis, think you forget that he played with the pies, was also given a huge rocket by roos due to poor form, yes has all the talent in the world but still hasn't done much apart from that brilliant last quarter against the cats

so that leaves

next

Sorry I didnt realise Buckley plays FF every week. :rolleyes:

doppleganger said:
hall > rocca

tarrant > o'keefe

buckley > o'loughlin

so that leaves

next

The Pies forward line would rank at about 12th in the comp.

Hall >>>> Rocca
Micky O >> Tarrant
Davis >>>>>>>>>>> Didak = very very ordinary
Buckley a forward?
T Cloke = promising
Fraser = very very very ordinary
Caracella = approaching retirement.

Not much to get excited about. Still yet to bottom out. :)

king_Brown said:
I like the look of our forward line at the moment :D

HFF:Corey CHF: Brown HFF:Brennan
FP:Merret FF: Bradshaw FP:McRath

with Akermanis, Voss, Charman, Keating, Sherman all spending time down there it actually looks quite decent. Not as intimedating without Lynchy sitting in the goal square but Merret will adapt to footy in the next couple of years (hopefully!!) and can be the permanent big target deep down forward with bradshaw rotating between the back and forward lines (depending where we need him :D) and hopefully Brennan can recover from injury and return to his Round 1 2005 form against Saints
If Beau comes good this year, or Cam Wood, I reckon Jamie Charman could be a semi permanent forward, or perhaps resting in t6he forward line after ruck duties with Clark, and Bradshaw can be more of a utility, plugging holes in the back line or up forward. Thoughts?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

DST said:
Yer, 1 more goal from 15 less inside 50's, go figure that!

With the amount of ball your midfield shoves down the forwards throats you should have kicked 10 more.

DST
:D

Interesting stat that one as you would kind of expect it the way Sydney play

Having seen them play WCE live a couple of times recently it seems there gameplan (Over Simplified of course) is to drop number back into defence in a highly organised and disciplined way making it very difficult for opposition teams to score and then attack on the rebound through there undersized but quick and elusive defenders when the opportinity arises

For this reason there forward line players tend to operate further up the ground as well. I would swear that B Hall as an example spends more time in defence or across the centre than in Sydneys forward line (More so against the better sides in the competition).

You would have to think that this is probably why Sydney have one of the best looking forward lines on paper yet don't actually manufacture that many goals in games.

The above is also a reason why it is very hard to rate forwards lines as a traditional forward 6 type lineup as teams rarely if ever structure that way in the modern game.

parrot said:
The Pies forward line would rank at about 12th in the comp.

Hall >>>> Rocca
Micky O >> Tarrant
Davis >>>>>>>>>>> Didak = very very ordinary
Buckley a forward?
T Cloke = promising
Fraser = very very very ordinary
Caracella = approaching retirement.

Not much to get excited about. Still yet to bottom out. :)
nice one parrot

caracella is 28

buckley will play forward next year

n.davis has done less than didak has, except for 1 quarter against the cats

t.cloke, ur correct

hall better than rocca i said that

compared tarrant to o'keefe, id take a fit tarrant

j.fraser, ordinary??? like collingwood he was good in 02,03, funny that he hasn't played a proper season since, if he plays well so will collingwood

12th best forward line?? zero idea mate

Helix said:
If Beau comes good this year, or Cam Wood, I reckon Jamie Charman could be a semi permanent forward, or perhaps resting in t6he forward line after ruck duties with Clark, and Bradshaw can be more of a utility, plugging holes in the back line or up forward. Thoughts?
brisbane forward line can be awesome, but as you said need on eof ur talls to step in because bradshaw isn't suited as the second big body, he is perfect third tall tho!

Helix said:

Reckon thats a pretty good idea there mate although i doubt Charman could play FF maybe Merret when he adapts more to the game but until then we need Bradshaw there to be that leading target up forward coz he can take a strong mark and is a brilliant kick :thumbsu: Charman may be able to help out up forward in FP or even down back possibly??

doppleganger said:
....n.davis has done less than didak has, except for 1 quarter against the cats......

Um....didn't Davis just win a final off his own boot. Comparing Didak to Davis is just silly. Davis is a proven match-winner, Didak is rock-solid ordinary, lucky not to be delisted last year. No-one would want Didak over Davis - apart from you of course. BTW Fraser is terrible, and most Pie fans would concur I suspect. :)

parrot said:
Um....didn't Davis just win a final off his own boot. Comparing Didak to Davis is just silly. Davis is a proven match-winner, Didak is rock-solid ordinary, lucky not to be delisted last year. No-one would want Didak over Davis - apart from you of course. BTW Fraser is terrible, and most Pie fans would concur I suspect. :)
Didak should be played in the midfield....
would give you some more pace

parrot said:
didak won the 03 QF final off his own boot!

didak was one of our better players in the disaster that was the 03 grand final, kicking three goals!

n.davis again was a huge no-show in the granny, just like in 02

this year against geelong didak kicked 5 & was the match winner, u have no idea

didak done more than n.davis, n.davis has had one good quarter which is clearly clouding ur judgement

campbell said:
They are all going to be faster and fitter cause they have the high alt training and room.Money can't buy skills though.
didak kicking style is used on an insturctional video when showing young kids how to kick properly, one of the best kicks in the league!

Remove this Banner Ad

Top 3 forward lines (personel) going into 2006?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back