Top 5 foward lines in the AFL..on paper.

Remove this Banner Ad

FFC + BBFC = BBFFC

All Australian
Jun 29, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Wolverhampton Wanderers
If all the teams were at full strength, IMO this would be the top 5.

IN NO CERTAIN ORDER:

Melbourne:
HF: Yze, Miller, Bruce
F: Davey, Neitz, Robertson

St Kilda:
HF: Dal Santo, Riewoldt, Hamill
F: Milne, Gehrig, Koschitzke.

Sydney:
HF: O’Keefe, Hall, J.Bolton
F: Davis, O’Loughlin, Goodes

Collingwood:
HF: T. Cloke , Rocca, Buckley
F: J.Fraser , Tarrant, Didak

Brisbane:
HF: Akermanis, Brown, Notting
F: Power, Bradshaw, Charman

Thoughts??
Rank in order...
Mine would be ...stkilda, sydney, melbourne, brisbane, collingwood.

Zeke said:
You'd be wrong.

Rioli and Cupido?

Give me a break.

As a Pies fan you should know better than to write off either of those two. Rioli in particular. Laycock and Hille could slide in there nicely as well.

Other than St Kilda no other team has a CHF/FF combination as good as Lloyd and Lucas. Throw Hird in there as well and the pace of Lovett and that alone puts us ahead of most clubs.

N Thompson (3 times club leading goal kicker), S Rocca (10 times club leading goal kicker), D Hale, C Jones, B Harvey & D Motlop easily 5 x > Collingwood's line up on paper

Lidge said:
N Thompson (3 times club leading goal kicker), S Rocca (10 times club leading goal kicker), D Hale, C Jones, B Harvey & D Motlop easily 5 x > Collingwood's line up on paper

i disagree with that....
hale has not yet proved himself
C Jones is far too inconsistent
Motlop...same as hale

Freo's would definately be in the top 5.

Saints and Freo have the most damaging forward lines IMO, followed closely by Sydney.

I rather have a dependable,reliable back half and a star studded quick midfield than a forward line full of lanky players,fat players and selfish players.
West Coast and Adelaide are top 2 and get the job done without a "Top" forward line.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think the saints have had one of the highest scoring forward lines over the past two seasons.

probably the ONLY weakness in the saints goal scoring is that the midfield are not as productive as say brisbanes and west coast where at their best guys like voss, akers, power, black, the scotts and johson rain goals , or cousins, embley, Judd etc do the same for the weanies while st kilda look to a specific forward and don't carry the ball as far.

The saints will proabably

hammil Kosi Reiwoldt
Guerra FG Milne

although the saints now expect Milne, Montagna, Dal Santo etc to work up the ground as well as resting in the forward pocket.

FFC + BBFC = BBFFC said:
i disagree with that....
hale has not yet proved himself
C Jones is far too inconsistent
Motlop...same as hale

No offense taken if you disagree. Just an opinion...but thought as far as on paper goes, you may have missed this line up.

Thompson (twice Hawks leading goal kicker, and will win North's this year)
Harvey - an AA player and arguably the best crumber in the business
Rocca - 7 time Collingwood & 3 time NMFC leading goal kicker. 750 career goals and counting

That alone I thought was pretty handy on paper.

Corey Jones has found consistency and is highly rated by our supporters, but forgot he is one of those under rated ones. Has kicked 30+ this year.

Hale - stay tuned. Will be one of the premier big men in the comp very soon. Very agile and deadly accurate kick on goal.

Motlop - is a freak, unfortunately has missed most of this season with injury. He's just the icing on the cake. Looking forward to his return and party tricks in September. :)

On paper and in Reality are two very different things
Even the tiges can manage a very good forward line ON PAPER. in practice is completely different

ALso quoting goals kicked does not mean the best forward line. Not only forwards kick goals. For example WCE have been one of the highest scoring teams this year and up there last year. DOnt see anyone aruging there case for best forward line

Longy413 said:
the pace of Lovett .

Does anyone else think this young fella may be starting to get a bit ahead of himself? Apart from the blonde streaks the bouncing episode on the weekend may indicate that he is starting to read his own publicity.
Someone wants to remind him of a certain M.McGough ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Top 5 foward lines in the AFL..on paper.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back