• Romain Bardet (DSM/FRA)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Eddie Dunbar (JAY/IRE)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Stage 8 Semur-en-Auxois > Colombey-les-Deux-Églises

Although no altitude records will be broken, the first two-thirds of this stage does feature five categorised climbs. The relentless ups and downs may put a strain on the legs at the point when the sprinters’ team-mates are starting to think about setting up a bunch finish. But the last three kilometres of the final straight, which rise slightly but steadily, could be the ideal place to bring the peloton back together.

2408map.jpg

2408profile.jpg

It's officially a "flat" stage but I think given the constant up and down nature it'll be one for the likes of Girmay, Bling, MvdP, WVA and Coqard. Maybe even one for a break if a few get in there with a teammate.

Just out of interest, has the tour ever raced over the Millau Viaduct?

I'm guessing, no, because it's an important and heavily used road, but it would be incredible to see. I went over it the last time I was in France and it's an exciting experience, and a little scary if you have an issue with heights. :)

Shocking news which reminds us how dangerous this sport is.

I'm guessing, no, because it's an important and heavily used road, but it would be incredible to see. I went over it the last time I was in France and it's an exciting experience, and a little scary if you have an issue with heights.
They went under it in 2018. They've gone over the Saint-Nazaire bridge though which blows 60 km/h crosswinds

I'm guessing, no, because it's an important and heavily used road, but it would be incredible to see. I went over it the last time I was in France and it's an exciting experience, and a little scary if you have an issue with heights. :)

It's the tallest bridge in the world, amazing piece of engineering.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Stage 9 Troyes > Troyes

The Tour’s first week concludes with a new feature: white roads, which are already an emblematic feature of Strade Bianche and Paris-Tours. The Tour de France Femmes avec Zwift made the first passage across Champagne’s gravel roads close to Troyes in 2022. There will be 14 sectors, including six in the final part of the stage, extending to 32km in total, each sector pitching the riders onto the gravel and into the dust.

2409map.jpg

2409profile.jpg
Weather:
start 1315 20deg, overcast, sprinkles of rain
the odd shower throughout the race
finish 1749 21deg cloudy heavier showers

Having said that, the further south they go the weather should improve, but then they head back up into it.

Honestly how does Gerrans get a commentary gig? He butchers so many ****ing names.

Evenepoel
Juul-Jensen (This one bugs me the most, he ****ing rode with him)
Jorgensen

Back