Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Romain Bardet (DSM/FRA)

• Eddie Dunbar (JAY/IRE)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

He’s going to win the tour by 5+ minutes. This will be his fourth stage, he’ll very likely win the time trial and he’ll win tomorrow if they don’t let the break win. All after winning the Giro.

If he keeps anything like these legs good luck beating him at the Olympics and Worlds.

Jonas sticking with Remco likely secures him 2nd place, which is no mean feat considering where he was 3 months ago.

It's not impossible that Pogi might catch Cavendish for stage wins, he's on 15 and he's only 25.

Just hoping Carapaz can secure the polka dots tomorrow. Would hate to see Pogi come OTT to beat him again.

By my calculations, if a large enough break goes he needs to win the first two and assuming Tadej doesn't get any on those he can't be passed (he'll be 29 points up with 25 points left). Even second on both only requires one more point to win it.

Lance and Hincapie have tee'd off. I don't listen to this pod very often but a few times during this tour I've put it on whilst on the trainer. The mentality of these guys is people that knew they had something to hide. Most of these guys can't even comprehend riding with 60 psi in their tyres.

Stage 20 Nice > Col de la Couillole

The Paris-Nice regulars will be racing over familiar terrain, but that won’t make things any easier if the contest for the Yellow Jersey is still raging, particularly over such a short distance. Battle could commence as early as the climb to the Col de Braus. There will then be no respite on the climbs of the Cols de Turini, de la Colmiane and finally de la Couillole, the final ascent extending for 15.7km at an average gradient of 7.1%. We’ll all be holding our breath!

2420map.jpg

2420profile.jpg

Remco half-attacking and then immediately getting dropped by Jonas. Had the right idea though.

I'll go for a wild bet and say Pog will have another win tomorrow.

i love cycling but watching how easy Pogi is breaking records over the climb as he sandbags is not filling me with great vibes. like a ex i've been hurt before haha.

Stage 21 Monaco > Nice

Everyone remembers the last occasion the Tour finished with a time trial, when Greg LeMond stripped the yellow jersey from the shoulders of Laurent Fignon on the Champs-Élysées in 1989, by just eight seconds. Thirty-five years on, we can but dream of a similar duel, involving two or three riders, an authentic athletic confrontation whose outcome would determine the final podium of the 111th edition, and the first to finish far from its familiar Parisian setting, the ultimate finale destined for Place Masséna, just a few pedal-strokes from the Promenade des Anglais.

2421map.jpg

2421profile.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I got the feeling that Tadej almost won last night's stage by accident. He was happy to let the break go, but QuickStep decided to up the tempo, bringing the breakaway back. Then when Remco attacked, the Tadej/Jonas counter-attack resulted in them catching the break despit having no intentions of doing so at the start of the stage.

I got the feeling that Tadej almost won last night's stage by accident. He was happy to let the break go, but QuickStep decided to up the tempo, bringing the breakaway back. Then when Remco attacked, the Tadej/Jonas counter-attack resulted in them catching the break despit having no intentions of doing so at the start of the stage.
Yeah he said to that effect in the post stage interview. Quick Step did the right thing trying to isolate Vingegaard but Remco came up empty when it mattered

Not surprisingly, Pog has pulled out of the Olympics due to fatigue.
Damn. We know he's aiming to become just the third Triple Crown winner, claiming the Tour, Giro and World Championships in the same year. I was hoping he might become the first Golden Triple Crown winner.

On SM-X205 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Damn. We know he's aiming to become just the third Triple Crown winner, claiming the Tour, Giro and World Championships in the same year. I was hoping he might become the first Golden Triple Crown winner.

On SM-X205 using BigFooty.com mobile app
I don't think that was on the cards. The profile doesn't really suit him.

So apparently his partner Urska Zigart wasn't selected for the women's team despite winning the national RR title by 10 minutes. Probably explains his decision

What if he does the Vuelta? Any chance, or is someone gonna tell me I'm dreamin'?
He's already said he can't, but probably will ride it next year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Tour de France 2024

Back