List Mgmt. Trade and F/A - 2017/2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is pretty much my view. Whilst Schache is not yet proven, I did like what he was able to produce in year 1. If Lynch was a 100% sure thing then overlooking Schache could be justified, but as it stands I can't see us landing him with the AFL essentially offering him a blank cheque to stay at the Suns beyond 2018.

Totally agree, the Lynch to Collingwood in 2018 is pie in sky stuff. Lynch will be given a multi million contract and be the Suns captain. It will take alot of money to get him out of the Suns.

Schache this year, Lynch next year.

Fwd line of Lynch and Schache with Reid and Moore going back?

Wouldn't mind this, pretty slim chance it happens thoug I would imagine.

Edit: by 'this' season, I mean this upcoming season, so 2018.

So let's judge all there worth of one game. I can't see how this could possibly go wrong

One game? His last month of footy was ten times better than anything Schache did in 2017. Your arguments are getting less and less logical as we progress.

Last edited:
He's worth a punt.. he's 26 mate. And a dangerous player.. c'mon.

Nah - don't care about his age. He has had long enough. Still soft & I'd rather go to the draft than pick him up.
Dees don't have a tall forward partner for Hogan. Why do you reckon they want to move him on?
Because they have ran out of patience with him. We would just be recruiting another Jessie White.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah and because football sides have never changed from week to week. Schache is a better player and can be a 10-15 year player for the club[/Q

15 year players are pretty rare , and he's played for 2. It'll be a steal if he ends his career having player 17 seasons.

Also the media claimed we were offering Lever big bucks but he chose the Dees and going back before Schache resigned we had apparently offered him a lot now we have no money. I don't think anyone in the media actually knows what our cap looks like

They have no idea. They are simply making assumptions based on Mayne and Wells.

Nah - don't care about his age. He has had long enough. Still soft & I'd rather go to the draft than pick him up.
Dees don't have a tall forward partner for Hogan. Why do you reckon they want to move him on?
Because they have ran out of patience with him. We would just be recruiting another Jessie White.

Yeah.. a Jessie White who kicks goals as opposed to not kick goals.

Face it mate.. he's a dangerous bloody player. He's smart.. shifty.. and super dangerous in the 50.

This years trade & draft period is as much about this year as it is next year.

Whatever we do this year needs to keep in mind the strength of the draft next year and setting our salary cap up for a play at free agents next year. This will mean biding our time and not desperately seeking the rubbish that is currently available. Patience is essential - what we didn't have last year.

I think the right thing to do this year is to use our #6 in the draft. It works for cap space and hopefully secures high level young talent, something we have been thin on because we have traded early picks away a lot.

We need to shed any excess salaries where we can and not go chasing over priced suspect players like Watts. If need be front load contracts instead. If we can move some salary by trading to picks then look at doing that.

We need to be smart and look for players who will fill holes temporarily and give depth. Players that will not cost the moon in trade and salary cap. This will mean looking at guys like Hansen, Crameri and other off cuts, that may not feel very appealing or exciting but who will fill a role for a period of time like Dunn did. This buys time for our younger players to develop then replace them, it also gives us time to make a proper play next year for genuine top line talent.

Next year we should be trying to use our picks and get into that draft. At the same time we should be looking to abuse free agency to the max. A combination of doing well at these two things can set the club up for many years

It took Tom Lynch until his 4th year before he started to show how good he could be. He had 35 goals from 38 games over his first 3 seasons. Josh Schache has had 25 goals from 27 games from his first 2 seasons, I don't understand why everyone is writing him off! He could be a 50+ goal forward in 2 years time once he develops more, everyone knows talls take longer his worth the risk. Plus if he does come on then he will be a much cheaper and younger option then Tom Lynch (Who probably won't be leaving, hard to walk away from millions of dollars)

Just logged on so we done any trades yet? :rolleyes:

A little disapponited if we miss on Watts; thought he would suit us as that third tall fwd who links the backs with the forward line. Also a great kick for goal.

As for Schache I'm not overly keen but as others have said if they rate him higher than any we could land at 6 then I'd consider something like:

Pick 6 and 36 for Schache and 12 (or at worst 18).

Take best KP at 12 (or 18). In effect we use first two picks on KP players (Schache and Balta).

Then try and off load some fringe players for late picks that might be able to be packaged to improve our draft position for this year or even next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back