List Mgmt. Trade and F/A - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You've gone from a low chance of it happening to now saying there's every chance that the AFL will say they don't need it anymore. We know that's not going to happen.

I'd argue the AFLs decision making re the Suns is consistent. They'd do everything to ensure they have a chance to succeed. Stripping them of an extra 2nd rounder when they finished 3rd last with a percentage of 76 is extremely unlikely.

Not saying they should keep getting the assistance either.
My opinion is there’s a low chance, but my opinion on what the AFL does means diddly squat. Usually they do the opposite of what I think they will do, so…

I don't think there's a whole lot of that to be honest. It's more of a case that Weideman in his age 24/25 season next year is probably as developed as he will ever be and he's looked like luke-warm garbage this year.

I'm sure we're looking for one or two KPF types to come in this off season, might not be the player with a well-known Collingwood surname though or perhaps even Riccardi for that manner, although personally I wouldn't mind bringing the latter in as a free hit for the right (read: low) price in trade or as a DFA signing.
Is Jake Riccardi an Italian cousin of Lou and Ron Richards?

Maybe McDonald told North he'd request a trade to Collingwood after 2 years 🤞
Given how easy we were to screw over I would have thought that would be more reason for North to pick him.

Has Roughead ever spent much time in the ruck? Although I reckon he could probably time the little jump he has in those old legs a bit better than Grundy.

I think it would be a mistake to let Lynch go otherwise we end up with a bare cupboard with no legitimate back-up. If he wants to go then we keep Cox. Considering we got nothing in return for Witts I would be keeping Lynch on minimal wage.
Revisionist: We got Daicos and C Brown

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you think Cox is garbage, and you're entitled to your opinion on that, then I don't understand how you can rate Weid. Cox takes more marks, can ruck and without looking at the stats I think has an edge in goals per game. I think they're both limited footballers but Cox is more useful to us because he rucks to an AFL level and is a good bail out kick.
I'd rather someone who has the natural footy ability. Cox doesn't have that, he doesn't have the smarts.

Gee Ed just admitted that a deal had been struck back in 2019 AT to the Suns, only for AT to pull out of it...
Well that did cost us Logan McDonald after all.....
It was the year before Logan. It was the Rowell draft and I thought we were aiming to get Pick 1, which would have been him.

Melb have apparently entered the race for cerra. If true and we still have salary cap issues, sier must be on 600k
With Jones retiring, trading Weid and potentially delisting / trading a few like Melksham and Hibberd, they might free up enough cash that's not absorbed by others. I'm just surprised NM aren't into Cerra. Of course I don't want him going to Carlton.

If Cerra goes to Melbs that spells trouble for Gus Brayshaw. As an inside MID he is very very good. Been stuck on a wing for a few years now. I hope we go after him, a FA at the end of next year. Any takers? He’s 187cm so a great height and he’d consider a move imo. In 2018 playing exclusively as a MID he averaged nearly 5 clearances a game and was top 30 in the league for CP’s. He lit us up last year when he got a game in the guts. But moving forward he will sit behind Oliver Trac Viney Harmes Jordon for on ball use and Langdon Cerra for outside as well.

The best part is that he’s only 25. The perfect age profile.

Last edited:
I'd rather someone who has the natural footy ability. Cox doesn't have that, he doesn't have the smarts.
Disagree with the "smarts" comment. I think Cox has a very natural feel for the game. I'd go so far as to suggest he has better footy smarts than Grundy.
I've lost count of the number of deft tap ons, quick hands in close and willingness to move the pill on quickly moments he has had in his career.

His failure to have an impact this year was due to a couple of freak injuries and a loss of confidence after being dropped while playing well.

If Cerra goes to Melbs that spells trouble for Gus Brayshaw. As an inside MID he is very very good. Been stuck on a wing for a few years now. I hope we go after him, a FA at the end of next year. Any takers? He’s 187cm so a great height and he’d consider a move imo. In 2018 playing exclusively as a MID he averaged nearly 5 clearances a game and was top 30 in the league for CP’s. He lit us up last year when he got a game in the guts. But moving forward he will sit behind Oliver Trac Viney Harmes Jordon for on ball use and Langdon Cerra for outside as well.

The best part is that he’s only 25. The perfect age profile.
Too many concussions, early retirement risk. Pass

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back