Strategy Trade and List management (Add your rumour to the simmering stew that is the post season. Edition.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Correct me if i'm wrong but we will only have four players older than 27 on our list next year - Morris, Picken, Dickson and Suckling. That is a pretty crazy list demographic for us.
Wood, Roughy and Redpath will be older than 27 before the season too.

So with Crameri off as well as Cloke we have 3 list spots available if Honey is re-signed or 4 if he is delisted as well

With 3 we will go picks 9 and 16 then upgrade Roorke Smith

If we delist Honey as well I think we are likely to list a DFA from another Club

I think we will have issues with our Mid/Small forwards now so priority should be to get a DFA in. Lipinski is still young with Dickson, Clay injury prone and Picken is getting into the old bracket

I dont think Menzel has been delisted yet but i would be interested in him as a short term forward replacement for Crameri / Stringer

Apart from that someone like Richards may now appeal as a draft choice to fill the small forward role if he lasts to 16

Signing Honeychurch over Crameri.

Excuse me whilst I scratch my head until I hit brain.

Unless Crameri wanted a multi year deal, or he is shot medically, I am joining the head scratching club...

Devils advocate, Honey was a cheaper option than Crameri to sign for next year and perhaps we are trying to build some additional wiggle room in the cap for someone in the next year or two?

Devils advocate, Honey was a cheaper option than Crameri to sign for next year and perhaps we are trying to build some additional wiggle room in the cap for someone in the next year or two?

Honey was being courted by GWS. Those idiots didn't want to give us anything for him and thought he would be delisted. Suck a big one, waste of space.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unless we are at 95% for next year , with a plan for 105% in 2019 that is poor list management...

Doubt Crameri was asking much, hasn’t exactly got big offers from elsewhere.

I can’t sugarcoat this. Think this is a very very poor decision by the club. I think it’s also a poor decision by Mitch as well. Should have gone somewhere he’s likely to get more opportunities.

For a side that was 3rd or 4th worst offensively in 2017 to get rid of Cloke, Crameri and Stringer, whilst Dickson and Picken are ever closer to retiring to then re-sign a guy who is nothing more than midfield depth is baffling at best and moronic at worst.

So we currently don't have anyone on our list that has kicked over 150 AFL goals in their career...

Boy-That-Escalated-Quickly-Anchorman.gif

I think Bevo and Co. have been reading too many inspirational quotes...
52244-Have-Faith.jpg

or

wait umm thats mine... :huh::eek:o_O:D:cool::)

Signing Honeychurch over Crameri.

Excuse me whilst I scratch my head until I hit brain.

Starting to think there are photos , goats and JMac involved here Dannnnnnnnn :eek:

I am speechless. Like genuinely speachless. This decision is so dumb that my brain can’t even process it. Jmac has to go just for this decision alone. There is no reason or excuse for this. It’s honestly disgusting

I know this won't be popular but I love the decision to keep Honey. Very handy depth as that aggressive little terrier. He was terrible in front of goal at times this year but he also did some extraordinary things that people seem inclined to quickly forget. Also, to simplify it - Honey is only going to get better and Crameri was only ever going to get worse.

I don't reckon it's as bad as a choice as people are making out. If Honey doesn't miss a heap in front of goals (which is probably more likely due to randomness given he's never demonstrated being a bad kick for goal earlier in this career), do we say he's played that badly this year? Compared to Crameri, he's got both age and injury history on his side - how confident is everyone that Crameri would have been fit for all 22 weeks next year, vs Honeychurch?

Perhaps another option would just to take another rookie/draft pick but if we haven't got our eyes on anyone that we're confident about no issue retaining Honeychurch

I know this won't be popular but I love the decision to keep Honey. Very handy depth as that aggressive little terrier. He was terrible in front of goal at times this year but he also did some extraordinary things that people seem inclined to quickly forget. Also, to simplify it - Honey is only going to get better and Crameri was only ever going to get worse.

Knock off whatever you are smoking Scrag.
" extraordinary things " yeah mostly extraordinarily bad .
You can't be 5 ft nothing and have poor skills like he has in the AFL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back