Strategy Trade and List management (Add your rumour to the simmering stew that is the post season. Edition.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Knock off whatever you are smoking Scrag.
" extraordinary things " yeah mostly extraordinarily bad .
You can't be 5 ft nothing and have poor skills like he has in the AFL.

i think Honey improved a little in 2017 and at 22 there may be more improvement left in him

Plus we need a small forward on the list

Plus he does have a crack

So off to the draft with 9 and 16 and using 81 to upgrade Roorke Smith to list

Keep all the draft talk simple this year as choices are narrowed down somewhat

I don't reckon it's as bad as a choice as people are making out. If Honey doesn't miss a heap in front of goals (which is probably more likely due to randomness given he's never demonstrated being a bad kick for goal earlier in this career), do we say he's played that badly this year? Compared to Crameri, he's got both age and injury history on his side - how confident is everyone that Crameri would have been fit for all 22 weeks next year, vs Honeychurch?

Perhaps another option would just to take another rookie/draft pick but if we haven't got our eyes on anyone that we're confident about no issue retaining Honeychurch

The counter argument is he is 12 goals 20 for his career with a maximum of 9 in a season. Crameri almost exceeds that season high in one game v Essendon... And he has 5 seasons above 30 goals for the year....

can the dogs rookie list crameri ?
Crameri will be a Delisted Free Agent, so anyone can offer him a contract, including a Rookie contract.

Sweetjesus has a chance to play a lot of footy next season, as our lack of forwards that aren’t KPF’s mean we need crumbers & his kind of defensive pressure.

Personally thought we would keep Crameri ahead of him, but ballsy call has been made.

Surely we have an eye on a quick & natural forward in the draft as well as a speedy mid who is a good kick. Big call to promote Rmith as well after 2 ACL’s in quick succession, but although it’s harsh I wonder if we will take a mature state league forward late on instead

Does anyone know the thinking behind the Crameri decision?

Bevo to take off the face mask to reveal he is really Ross Lyon and 'he would have gotten away with it if it wasn't for those meddling kids' - ScoobyDoo style ???

Sweetjesus has a chance to play a lot of footy next season, as our lack of forwards that aren’t KPF’s mean we need crumbers & his kind of defensive pressure.

Personally thought we would keep Crameri ahead of him, but ballsy call has been made.

Surely we have an eye on a quick & natural forward in the draft as well as a speedy mid who is a good kick. Big call to promote Rmith as well after 2 ACL’s in quick succession, but although it’s harsh I wonder if we will take a mature state league forward late on instead

I keep hearing about this forward pressure !
But he is not over quick and I would argue he is a poor tackler , mainly because of his size.

I keep hearing about this forward pressure !
But he is not over quick and I would argue he is a poor tackler , mainly because of his size.
You'd be wrong on the poor tackler.
He is one of the best in our side and his size is actually an asset with his low centre of gravity.
I know you don't rate him King but tackling is a genuine strength of his.

Crameri will be a Delisted Free Agent, so anyone can offer him a contract, including a Rookie contract.
Including us? How does that work with clubs who drop a player but promise to pick them up in a rookie draft if still available? Surely you'd just delist them and then take them as a DFA rather than risk another club swooping in the draft if that was the case..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Re-signing Honey seems a waste of a list spot.

If Crameri is for, delisting him is bizarre.

JMac really leaving his replacement a pile of poop to clean up.

Don’t understand keeping Honeychurch at all poor skills and not overly quick.Think if we are going to play a two tall forward we need some serious pace in the forward line.

fronkalicious any info on the Crameri decision? I expect it's one of these:

He's cooked
Bev isn't a fan
He was part of the "rat pack" at the Dogs

Asking you because you told us about half way through the season that Crameri wasn't gonna be offered a new contract and yet everyone here seems so surprised today. So I'm thinking you know something that everyone else on here doesn't know or maybe you just hear that bit of info in isolation.

There's been trend in recent to keep players at the bottom end if the list at least a year too long when they haven't shown any signs that they're ever going to be up to it; Goodes, Prudden, Hamilton, Fuller and now Honeychurch. They're not even depth your better of taking a chance on a player that fills a specific need instead, if it fails you don't lose anything. This year for example instead of keeping Honeychurch I would much rather a speculative lightning fast player.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Including us? How does that work with clubs who drop a player but promise to pick them up in a rookie draft if still available? Surely you'd just delist them and then take them as a DFA rather than risk another club swooping in the draft if that was the case..
If you delist a player and then re-contract them you have to do that before the Rookie Draft is held. It means you have committed to them. You've closed off other options for the club. If you let the player go into the Rookie Draft, I presume that would be because you only want to commit to them if other, more appealing options are not available.

You'd be wrong on the poor tackler.
He is one of the best in our side and his size is actually an asset with his low centre of gravity.
I know you don't rate him King but tackling is a genuine strength of his.

I hear what you say Immortal , but for me he is poor.
Now intent , yeah he is up there.
Your right I don't rate him at that level , but good on the kid for getting a reprieve.
I will be cheering for him next season and hope he proves me wrong.

fronkalicious any info on the Crameri decision? I expect it's one of these:
He's cooked
Bev isn't a fan
He was part of the "rat pack" at the Dogs
Asking you because you told us about half way through the season that Crameri wasn't gonna be offered a new contract and yet everyone here seems so surprised today. So I'm thinking you know something that everyone else on here doesn't know or maybe you just hear that bit of info in isolation.
Yet another example of fronkalicious getting it wrong...

(six months before anyone even knew there was an issue.) ;)

Seriously - you have an amazing track record Fronk. Kudos.

I could understand everyone losing their minds if we'd just re-signed Declan Hamilton again but Honey is solid. Never gonna be a star but he's probably around that Clay Smith level of solid contributor. (Apart from finals when Clay goes full beast mode)

There is a reason Clay was drafted in the first round and Honey 4th.
Fairly plain to see why.

Yet another example of fronkalicious getting it wrong...

(six months before anyone even knew there was an issue.) ;)

Seriously - you have an amazing track record Fronk. Kudos.
Only one I can think of that he missed was Hurley and even then it seemed to be a last minute change of mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back