Strategy Trade and List management (Add your rumour to the simmering stew that is the post season. Edition.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we aren’t able to land a big fish this year I would be tempted to ask this trade from St Kilda

Dogs give up
Pick 7 + Dahl compo pick for

Stk give up
2019 first pick + Billings

If either club needs to add some steak knives that is fine.

That way we have a 2 firsts for next season giving us all the currency we need for Kelly.

I would like to see dogs pick up Hugh Goddard as a rookie. Surely there's something to work with him.
Has had a checkered history with the Saints. 2016 played 1 game and then succumbed to an achilles injury; 2017 still affected by achilles, no games; 2018 played most of the season in the VFL where he was solid and noticeable for his marking, was given a game in the seniors Rd 22 had 6 disposals and then dropped for the final game.
If, as a tall defender he couldn't get a game in a miserable Saints side, then I can't see how he would get a game with us and probably not the type we're looking for.

And my faith in this list manager's ability to do that work is waning.

Especially seeing as Fergus Greene is appearing in both this year's list, and the 2019 one, with potentially double the cash required next offseason to do something they could have very easily done this year.
I like Fergus and can see he has some upside but as I mentioned previously he has only played a handful of games and had injury issues. There has been plenty of examples of players having a good first few games and the not going on, check out Jason Tutts early form for one.
If Fergus continues to improve next year he will no doubt earn himself a longer contract.

He recently signed a 1 year extension, interesting as I would have been comfortable if he was given 2 years.
Yeah that was my point. Kid has a knack of getting shots on goal. If he starts putting them through next year we're up for a much bigger bill to keep him than we would have been if we just gave him 2 years now.

Has had a checkered history with the Saints. 2016 played 1 game and then succumbed to an achilles injury; 2017 still affected by achilles, no games; 2018 played most of the season in the VFL where he was solid and noticeable for his marking, was given a game in the seniors Rd 22 had 6 disposals and then dropped for the final game.
If, as a tall defender he couldn't get a game in a miserable Saints side, then I can't see how he would get a game with us and probably not the type we're looking for.
The Achilles claims another victim. Absolute shocker in pro sport to get that injury.

The Dahl situation is an interesting one, after the whispers swirling around last year about the click of Stringer Biggs and Dahlhaus and their treatment/bullying of a certain player and their off field activities which saw Stringer gone, Biggs jumping ship this year and retiring before he could be given the ass and now an offer put to Dahl which he was never going to accept with a much bigger offer from Geelong ( and the compensation for him likely to be better than what we would get in a trade). It looks like the club is working hard to try and clear out the players that can cause disharmony amongst the playing group and the coaching staff. I for one am willing to sit back and see how the new general manager of list and recruiting does. We certainly need to be after some recruits as the age profile of the list is very young and losing guys in around the 24 to 28 bracket is not ideal. Apparently we have a fair bit of cap space and though we are not seen by media flogs as a "destination club" (not helped by the Vendetta against the club from the greasiest, cheeseburger eating tub of lard that runs Crocmedia and his cronies. Add to that list fat Seth Macfarlane AKA Tom Browne) there is the potential to get in some good recruits via the Draft, pick 6 or whatever we end up with after the reshuffling, West and Khamis and hopefully some players of the right age bracket via trades/free agency. All in all I don't think the list is in that bad of shape just need to keep our players on the park. Just my thoughts.
This.
Wouldn't have been a good look to discard both in the same year. I'm convinced that his name would have come up last year along with stringer.

Is Martin even worth pick 7? Let alone that AND Wallis?

He looks good in a really shit side. Can he cope with the heat in September finals ?? I'm not convinced here to be honest. He's a Clayton special - that didn't get us to where we wanted to be in the past - not sure it's where we need to be heading forward. Others may have seen more of him though....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Eagles looking at late first compensation for Gaff. Surely will be looking to trade instead. Can outdo Nth with draft pick but would need to satisfy him financially to agree. Read Nth offering 7 year 1.1mil contract, not sure we want to match that.

So according to the Hun, the Premiers and top placed side get Lynch and the top 4 Hawks get Shiel.

Seems only fair. Free agency is ace.
Each club makes their own success. Hawks and Richmond cashed in and took their chances, we didn't.

Could've been one of the bigger clubs but we didn't take the chance

Each club makes their own success. Hawks and Richmond cashed in and took their chances, we didn't.

Could've been one of the bigger clubs but we didn't take the chance
We won ours with a much younger side than the Tigers, we will be back before you know it!
The Hawks won in 08 with a youngish side and didn't win won another till 2013 so we have a number of years yet to match them!

Well it's lucky for us the Bluemour thread is the number one thread on Bigfooty for 100% full of pull out your arse fabricated bullshit.

Can we not dwell on a rumour posted on another board that is pretty much certainly bullshit. I mean, "the general feeling is that had the Dogs not won the premiership is that Bevo would have been sent packing". Yes that sounds likely one year after moving us up into finals and getting the team to dramatically improve.

Now i'll sit here and hope with all my might that we don't get 30 pages of people freaking out about that post. Good luck everyone.
We might as well just give up, sell all the players and close the club :(.

Wonder if they'd like Bevo as an assistant to that abject failure of a coach that they haven't sent packing yet after how many years?

We won ours with a much younger side than the Tigers, we will be back before you know it!
The Hawks won in 08 with a youngish side and didn't win won another till 2013 so we have a number of years yet to match them!

Between 08 and 13 time they traded in: Burgoyne, Gibson, Gunston and Lake.

If we want to be 'back' we better get on our bike and make some deals.

Between 08 and 13 time they traded in: Burgoyne, Gibson, Gunston and Lake.

If we want to be 'back' we better get on our bike and make some deals.
Say hello to Schache, Crozier and Trengrove who will all be premiership players in 2019 mark my words!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back