Strategy Trade and List management Thread (cont in Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
When has any of that mattered? I get what you’re saying, but history suggests that a player picks a club and then it’s up to those two clubs to work something out. Very rare that a player will say, ok I’ll go to this other club instead then if you can’t work out a deal with my preferred club

AL
LE
LU
IA
Sing it brother !

What picks we have and what hawks have is IRRELEVANT

Go to your bedroom.
Jump in bed
Then get out of the bed on the opposite side you did this morning please.

If you think that the decision will come down to Hawthorns pick vs ours you are delusional.

Like all players these days - Chad is simply going to pick the club he wants to go to.
Power are then left to deal with whatever club is picked for the best trade value.
He is contracted and cannot be sent anywhere against his will.

So to start off with - Lets not throw the Pick 15 vs Pick 7 up. Its IRRELEVANT !!
Lets not talk about a relationship with Trengrove - Its largely irrelevant when he has another mate at Hawthorn.
And that is not being defeatest - that is being a realist !
Anyone with common sense who has watched the trade market over the last 5 years would agree.

So it comes down to where Chad wants to play his footy. Plain and simple.
He may be driven by money and take the highest bidder - Thats probably in our favour.
He may be interested in a place that addresses and manages his indigenous culture.
He may be swayed by the Hawks culture of winning flags and playing under Clarko.
These things we really dont know and wouldnt have a clue.

Are we in it - of course we are.
Am I less positive because the hawks have interest - Totally - and I would suggest the majority would be

Out Cyril: in Chad. Very hawthorn like.

Why are people worrying about our cap space and contracts?

Has no one done the obvious back of the napkin calculation and realised we are absolutely cashed up?

The numbers below are totally out of my ass but even if I am way off we have a total war chest to spend.

Dahlhaus - 400
Roughead - 450
Biggs - 300
Clay - 175
Wallis - 400
Webby - 250
Honey - 200
Campbell - 200
Kieran Colon - minimum chips
Nathan MM - minimum chips
Libba - reduced salary

Not to mention half of our starting 22 are on peanuts:
Ed
Naughts
Schache
Lynch
Jong
Green
Williams
Growers
English
Dickson
Dale
Adams

Plus the money we supposedly already had aside for a big fish like Hurley.

Plus the increase in cap

=

A pile of cash to spend on multiple big fish and pay Bont what he deserves and to fill our list spots with draft picks.

Stop winging, grab some popcorn and watch while we prove that our list management has been spot on.

Hawthorn has no hope of landing Wingard, they have no money (one of the oldest teams in the league) and no picks.

It does depend how fractured things are between Wingard and Port. Why would you take pick 15 this year (which won’t get you what you want) and accept all the grief you get from the members - when you would get pick 10 - 15 next year when he is a free agent ??

I know it doesn’t mean much, but Port have said only if the deal is good enough. So if they can patch things up with Wingard - 15 alone doesn’t do it for mine.

Not saying we won’t have competition though...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So does the club roll over and just take it up the a*** because Hawthorn are involved or does it roll up the sleeves and make it happen?

Get in there Dogs. Take no **** and fight hard for what you want.
Who said we aren’t? I think you’re looking at this at the wrong angle. It’s not the club. It’s the players’ attitudes of wanting to go to a big club with success. The big free agents this year all look like going to Richmond, Collingwood and Hawthorn. 3 big clubs in the top 4!! It’s total bs!!

What are the Chad's numbers from the last two years? His asking price is high so i would want to see that he has been delivering what we need.

If it is a choice between getting Shiel/Kelly or Wingard, well sorry Chad.

What are the Chad's numbers from the last two years? His asking price is high so i would want to see that he has been delivering what we need.

If it is a choice between getting Shiel/Kelly or Wingard, well sorry Chad.

Kelly > Wingard > Shiel - just IMHO of course ....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back