Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 2 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's up with Gold Coast and 2nd/3rd rounders?

Some really poor deals going on from them this year and last, just handing picks away for a pittance

If they're not going to be used that year then find a willing bidder and bank picks for the following year and reassess imo.

Yes new in the role. Also new to fronting up to media.

I think he's made several correct calls on player retention in this his first year in charge. Now remains to be seen how he goes at trade negotiating.
He was always a dear in the headlights type of player also

Doubt it, otherwise they’d likely have done it.

I think what Dishlicker is saying is that as soon as port get a team in the top couple (likely Gold Coast) to agree to trade down to 7, they’ll pull the trigger and deal Wingard.

There is some chatter around that they are trying to convince The Gold Coast to do exactly that in the hope that one of Lukosius or Rankine are available at 3.

It seems that Wingard is still very much in play.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Doubt it, otherwise they’d likely have done it.

I think what Dishlicker is saying is that as soon as port get a team in the top couple (likely Gold Coast) to agree to trade down to 7, they’ll pull the trigger and deal Wingard.

I think the Saints pick 4 is the highest they can get. GC likely to keep 2&3 and Blues need the hype/hope of another pick 1. Lions pick 5 &/or Freo pick 6 could even get to GC.... so not likely any other option above our pick.
Saints are probably playing Crows off against the Power.

Regarding Adams I would try keep him and not trade him for bugger all at his lowest point with 2 years on his contract to go.

If I was forced to trade him I would take the Sir Alex Ferguson approach trade him to a side that you won't make stronger and be competing against for the position you want.

Therefore if he wants Brisbane send him to Gold Coast.

Can't do that in the AFL. Need player's permission when traded. Some arguments lately about clubs wanting to take that power away from the players but will be tough to get that one through any time soon.

Someone enlighten me as to why Brisbane would trade their draft picks down the order to snare Marcus Adams from us? I'd expect a pick in the 20s as a bare minimum.

Wow I thought this thread has had some moments - they are losing it over on the Port thread about Stevos report on Wingard and Beveridge having dinner, which may or may have even happened
Thursday's dole day down at Alberton yeah? They'll calm down tomorrow after the tax transfer clears into their account....until Dazza blows it on the trots and a case of Westies by Friday night and little Jaxson faces another week of powered gravy and rice each night for dinner.

Someone enlighten me as to why Brisbane would trade their draft picks down the order to snare Marcus Adams from us? I'd expect a pick in the 20s as a bare minimum.
That’s likely where they value him and now believe they have more appropriate currency. He isn’t worth a pick in the 20s.

Hopefully as good an outcome as the Gowers dinner last year (can I get a market on Chad as our leading goal kicker in '19?)

Chad is going to be so popular in the Pieman next season.....

The race for either GC's pick 3 or Saint's pick 4 from both SA teams looks like it might be the kickstarter for the Chad Wingard Deal. Our Pick 7 is suddenly in greater demand by port to help improve their draft position.
Port would be more incentivised to trade Chad knowing they'd have first crack at one of Rankine or Lukosius.

The race for either GC's pick 3 or Saint's pick 4 from both SA teams looks like it might be the kickstarter for the Chad Wingard Deal. Our Pick 7 is suddenly in greater demand by port to help improve their draft position.
Port would be more incentivised to trade Chad knowing they'd have first crack at one of Rankine or Lukosius.
If they are trading it off anyway, next year's first might be just as attractive. I could see GC wanting to spread the picks over the years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back