Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 2 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well a few tweets from Ricky Nixon:

Ben long wants to return to western bulldogs
Daniel Menzel not opposed to come to western bulldogs
Mitch honey church to gcs
Libba not happy with our offer and looking at Essendon
And I forgot Tom bugg hoping for an offer from us and saints

The one and only thing I need to know is that we wanted him and he announced the Hawks, over us, and that we have a better hand than them in every way (for both him and Port).

Don’t give a flying **** how we got here or what has happened behind closed doors. Our resources and effort have been wasted on a false errand that we should have anticipated at best, and our team has been fundamentally incompetent in attracting a quality player at worst.

Whatever the case we’ve screwed up. We shouldn’t go blaming the player, or bemoaning hawthorn.

We should absolutely and always demand more. We’ve been let down as a club in recruitment here.
Hard to disagree with all your recent posts where plenty are trying to sugar coat it.

We absoltely f***** this ourselves and we really looked like a small and insignificant club today. No nicer way of putting it.

Well a few tweets from Ricky Nixon:

Ben long wants to return to western bulldogs
Daniel Menzel not opposed to come to western bulldogs
Mitch honey church to gcs
Libba not happy with our offer and looking at Essendon
Nixon is a knob but he does get decent info. The Libba offer is worrying, we know his best is A grade and we just need to convince him to stay.

This is the issue I want to see resolved. If we can turn pick 27 into mature talent (maybe a late pick for points in return) and get a decent return in total points for Adams (enough to cover West and contribute to Khamis) I'd be satisfied, because there's nobody left gettable that is worth pick 7.

Was Sam Collins not chosen as one of the GCS state league selections? If so would be a very good get for the dogs

Can we downgrade our pick 7 for a pick that is around 15.

And then trade pick 15 as well.

Maybe Burton is annoyed he’s been offered as bait and wants to stay in Melbourne.

Pick 7 + WB 3rd round - Burton and 15.

Then we can trade 15 for a mature player that is quality.

15 for Scully. Or something along those lines.

Pick 7 and west is not an acceptable result IMO.

We either manage to parlay 7 or 27 into quality, mature talent, or we find another pick inside 12-15 before a West bid.

There is no in between for mine.

I mean like everyone at the club should resign if we add two more quality youngsters to the playing list?

Seems logical.

I get what your saying, it would be beneficial if we could get a gun who was 22-26 years old who could bolster the experience we've lost, but it seems to me that the fit just isn't there (unless we overpay -which would be the worst result of all).

Can we downgrade our pick 7 for a pick that is around 15.

And then trade pick 15 as well.

Maybe Burton is annoyed he’s been offered as bait and wants to stay in Melbourne.

Pick 7 + WB 3rd round - Burton and 15.

Then we can trade 15 for a mature player that is quality.

15 for Scully. Or something along those lines.

Honestly Burton is a poor man's Bailey Williams. Port are being fleeced.

Doesn't it actually say something about a player that Clarko is willing to part with them?

We need another 3-4 of that quality to build something special - whether those come from 2018-2022 drafts, Free Agency or massive trades, I couldn't care less. We've missed one big name player, but an equivalent talent *could* very well be picked up at 7 in the draft.
Pick 7, West, Khamis. There's 3, but does it fix out forwardline?

The other issue is time - we're already a creche and we'll lose Adams this year and possibly Moz next year, Wood not long after (can't see him playing well into his 30s with those hammies). Picken & Dickson won't play after next year but due to injury we can't bank on their contributions anyway.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hard to disagree with all your recent posts where plenty are trying to sugar coat it.

We absoltely f***** this ourselves and we really looked like a small and insignificant club today. No nicer way of putting it.

How did we **** it up ? Do we know the inside info surrounding the deal ? Do we know all the details ?
Don’t you think it’s completely irrational to lose the plot over not getting Chad, spraying Sam Power and claiming the club is incompetent with knowing **** all about what happened behind the scenes ?

How exactly is this Sam Power's fault? Especially as allegedly Bevo was the one that wined and dined Wingard.
He's the guy who jumped in front of the media earlier this week a like a quivering schoolgirl and said we wanted Chad before Chad proceeded to predictably go and pick the big club two days later and make us look like desperate losers.

He's in the role. He's gotta wear it.

Incorrect, everyone is disappointed but most aren’t pontificating on how bad a job the recruitment staff have done despite having absolutely no knowledge of the process. So are we also to conclude that Hawthorn stuffed up the recruitment of Shiel?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I wanted him to be a competent list manager to say the things Chad wanted to hear and play on all of the benefits we have over Hawthorn, which are many and obvious.

It’s his ******* job. If we wanted him we should now have him.

Don’t blame Chad, this is a failure from our end. Poor communication, poor result. Unacceptable. And if he’s not a quality talent scout then we are really ******.
What total bullshit

How did we **** it up ? Do we know the inside info surrounding the deal ? Do we know all the details ?
Don’t you think it’s completely irrational to lose the plot over not getting Chad, spraying Sam Power and claiming the club is incompetent with knowing **** all about what happened behind the scenes ?
Do you know what happened behind the scenes? Please enlighten me. Seeing as you’re allowed to tell people how to react, surely you must know it all?

I’ll move on, it’s still a little fresh so I’m a little wild but it’s not the end of the world. We still cocked this up, though. Went after gun player, were in the box seat and failed.

Pick 7, West, Khamis. There's 3, but does it fix out forwardline?

The other issue is time - we're already a creche and we'll lose Adams this year and possibly Moz next year, Wood not long after (can't see him playing well into his 30s with those hammies). Picken & Dickson won't play after next year but due to injury we can't bank on their contributions anyway.
True but by then Bont, McCrae, McLean et el will all be entering their prime. Keeping them is the real test of S Power

I'm pretty gutted about this, and I would hope that there is some real feedback sought by the dogs from Wingard/petroro as to why. Get real answers.

No bitching and sniping, constructive feedback. Only way we will learn. Hopefully some important lessons for next year (kelly) or when the next big fish come up.

Incorrect, everyone is disappointed but most aren’t pontificating on how bad a job the recruitment staff have done despite having absolutely no knowledge of the process. So are we also to conclude that Hawthorn stuffed up the recruitment of Shiel?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
We went at Wingard hard and failed. I see that as a failure, am I so wrong to think that way?

He's the guy who jumped in front of the media earlier this week a like a quivering schoolgirl and said we wanted Chad before Chad proceeded to predictably go and pick the big club two days later and make us look like desperate losers.

He's in the role. He's gotta wear it.
What's wrong with him saying that? It didn't make us any more or less likely to get Wingard.

The club had a go. Wingard chose a different club, which was always a possiblity when he had multiple offers. The same thing happens to every other club that misses out on a player.

If we had never been interested in Wingard, would we still be failures? The net outcome would be the same for the club. I wonder if Power will be thinking "geez, I'd better not make any more offers to opposition players in case they turn the offer down and I fail again".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back