Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 2 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So how much improvement do we get from our existing guys getting better and more confident in their roles ??

To me, that’s the big unknown. Schache is clearly improving, Naughton will benefit from another year in the gym and training with the forward group. West and Cavarra should also improve, and hopefully the entire group starts to gel.

But how much is that worth ??
Infinity and beyond.

So how much improvement do we get from our existing guys getting better and more confident in their roles ??

To me, that’s the big unknown. Schache is clearly improving, Naughton will benefit from another year in the gym and training with the forward group. West and Cavarra should also improve, and hopefully the entire group starts to gel.

But how much is that worth ??
Still would prefer to see Cordy as a forward long term. The type suited to finals type games where there’s little clean ball and forward pressure is half the battle.

I also simply don’t trust Schache in becoming a 150 game player. I’m not ruling it out I simply don’t trust it. Particularly as I want to go back to the genuine 2 rucks/forwards setup of 2016 plus Naughton being the CHF. Cordy could fit because he’s more mobile and defensively better (tackling and bringing the ball to ground) than Schache.

Still would prefer to see Cordy as a forward long term. The type suited to finals type games where there’s little clean ball and forward pressure is half the battle.

I also simply don’t trust Schache in becoming a 150 game player. I’m not ruling it out I simply don’t trust it. Particularly as I want to go back to the genuine 2 rucks/forwards setup of 2016 plus Naughton being the CHF. Cordy could fit because he’s more mobile and defensively better (tackling and bringing the ball to ground) than Schache.
No reason it could be cordy, naughton and schache

I’m guessing no one will throw the fact I backed both Lloyd and Duryea from day on back in my face?

How anyone could not think those two would slot right in still has me baffled.
Was a good call. We’ve done a great job over the last two years of bringing in fringe players from other clubs who have slotted in seamlessly. Crozier included who has taken his game to another level. If you’re a big game player who has turned us down over the last couple of years you’d be having second thoughts on doing it again. Seeing as we are playing much better than the players who have gone to the hawks are currently playing. We should be as attractive of a destination as any. In saying that. Watch Carlton spin a few web of lies and beat us to the players we want by convincing them they are better than us.

I’m guessing no one will throw the fact I backed both Lloyd and Duryea from day on back in my face?

How anyone could not think those two would slot right in still has me baffled.
In fairness I'm pretty sure you also said we were a bottom 4 side if I remember correctly. Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

In fairness I'm pretty sure you also said we were a bottom 4 side if I remember correctly. Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

Absolutely and people bring that up constantly but I don’t see them bringing the things I got right up? Unlike others I don’t back away from my errors and ignore them

Just making a point

I did also say Hrovat was shite seeing people also like to bring up things I got wrong in 2015 😂😂😂😂

I could add the other things I was right about but I’ve made my point so moving on

It's more fun to call out bad calls tbh. No one ever brings up good calls, but you better believe I'll post a screenshot of a nuff comment if it comes back to bite you, and I fully expect the same treatment from all of you <3

It's more fun to call out bad calls tbh. No one ever brings up good calls, but you better believe I'll post a screenshot of a nuff comment if it comes back to bite you, and I fully expect the same treatment from all of you <3

Lol I couldn’t be bothered trying to remember or trolling back months/years to find something someone said in here that isn’t right(which most of it is from everyone) So you safe to go full Nuff with me

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lol I couldn’t be bothered trying to remember or trolling back months/years to find something someone said in here that isn’t right(which most of it is from everyone) So you safe to go full Nuff with me
I very rarely save anything, only when it's a huge claim and people ask to be called out if wrong. I gladly oblige :)

He's on track to kick close to 40 goals in the H&A rounds. That's more than Stringer did in 2016. It would be our second best return since the days of Barry Hall.

His season best is 35 goals from 22 games in 2016 but he looks set to surpass that this year.

If you'd asked me before Round 1 the chances of a fringe trade player coming in and kicking 40, I'd have said about 5%.
No doubt he's one of the success stories of 2019.

Don’t say it too loudly about Stringer. Some still haven’t let go.

Lloyd comes without the baggage as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back