Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 3 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our biggest need is a quality ruckman while Tim develops. Unfortunately Goldstein staying, Preuss off to GWS not sure is quality wonder if Lycett is gettable.
I personally Disagree

In my opinion Tim is not as far off as is widely suggested, he struggles with Centre Bounces, but excels in all other aspects as a Ruck position. He is particularly adept in aerial marking contests, and ground ball and link play.

What we need is a Ruck/Forward to split the role with Tim.
Peter Wright is Perfect for us... he can swap Full Forward with Tim.
Play JUH in Forward Pocket, Naughton at CHF.

Make Bruce and Lewis Young Swingman on needs basis... Forward and Back Key position... intent would be to relieve Keath from lockdown role.

I personally see our biggest need as 3 positions... equally as essential..
1/ Pure Wing... quality skill...elite endurance(mtrs gained) or pace... ideally strong mix of 2 of the 3 (Z.Merrett, J.Kelly, I.Smith types)...

2/ Forward 50 X Factor... forward pressure, tackling, pace... need to uncover a Charlie Cameron, Shai Bolton type... perhaps Sydney Stack, Quentin Narkle.. or draft the next Kozi Pickett

3/ Ruck/Forward - Peter Wright

Last edited:
Enough depth small/medium forwards?
Cavarra is uncontracted, weightman showed he wasn’t ready yet, dale fair enough. But at the moment we play half backs (Richards, crozier) and inside mids (lipinski, Dunkley) as small forwards. We clearly lack small/medium forwards need best 22 ones and depth.

Agree that we need more outside mids with some speed and foot skills but not sure our depth there is too bad with vandermeer coming through, JJ used more up on a wing and Daniel can play on a wing too. I think we can cover outside mids but we can’t cover lack of small forwards because half backs just don’t have the same instincts around goal to be effective
Point being we have enough of them on the list, even if we didn't think that they were good enough to get picked.
We don't have anywhere near enough outside type players as depth, best 22, any ranking on the list.

I personally Disagree

In my opinion Tim is not as far off as is widely suggested, he struggles with Centre Bounces, but excels in all other aspects as a Ruck position. He is particularly adept in aerial marking contests, and ground ball and link play.

Make Bruce and Lewis Young Swingman on needs basis... Forward and Back Key position... intent would be to relieve Keath from lockdown role.

I personally see how biggest need as 2 positions.
1/ Pure Wing... quality skill...elite endurance or pace... ideally strong mix of 2 of the 3 (Z.Merrett, J.Kelly, I.Smith types)...

2/ Forward 50 X Factor... forward pressure, tackling, pace... need to uncover a Charlie Cameron, Shai Bolton type... perhaps Sydney Stack, Quentin Narkle.. or draft the next Kozi Pickett

On SM-F900F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Tim English really struggles with boundary throw ins as well. Often not even making a contest .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I personally Disagree

I personally see our biggest need as 3 positions... equally as essential..
1/ Pure Wing... quality skill...elite endurance(mtrs gained) or pace... ideally strong mix of 2 of the 3 (Z.Merrett, J.Kelly, I.Smith types)...

3/ Ruck/Forward - Peter Wright

I like your thinking but who are you trading out..? because with this years draft hand and matching a early bid on JUH I can’t see us landing more then 1 big fish unless we tap into next years picks!

Obviously due to NGA and F/S ties
Our target targets wont be as massive compared to other years
With mainly future picks or down grading picks

Just an overall of targets I would like dogs to look at

Key Defenders
Robbie Tarrant
Tom MacDonald
Griffin Logue
Emerson Jeka
Jacob Koschitzke

Forwards
Malcolm Rosas
Mitch Hannan
Toby Bedford
Hugh Dixon
Quinton Narkle

Midfielders
Xavier O'Halloran
Kyle Dunkley
Trent Burgoyne

More ideas..... Paddy McCartin?

He’s obviously had past issues with concussion, but could he be a KPD prospect? Get him behind the ball and the concussion related stuff might be a non-issue in matches.

Clearly has talent, former #1 pick...
Unless he comes for a packet of chips then it’s a no from me. He is one concussion away from being forced to give the game away (he probably should now for his own sake/health) and that is just too huge a risk.

If Collingwood are keeping Moore, Treloar and it appears clubs have called De Goey's bluff + now trying to obtain McDonald...

Then who the **** are they going to get rid of to ease there salary cap.

Have to be 3-4 mid tier players (minimum) going to have to be cut loose.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think cats are just smart with their contracts. They're very much the best run club when it comes to list management.
Maybe but I think it’s too simplistic, perhaps I am being cynical but I can’t help feeling it’s more to do with third party deals, marketing allowances, careers after footy etc etc

I like your thinking but who are you trading out..? because with this years draft hand and matching a early bid on JUH I can’t see us landing more then 1 big fish unless we tap into next years picks!
2021 1st Round should be considered...
JJ has currency.. a few others as well.. but so much depends on the deal and needs of other party.... its more about what we need... focus on role players to complement our structures... I feel like Ruck/Forward, Wing, Lockdown Key Back and Forward Pocket were the main deficiencies to address.

There’s a young fella by the name of Cody Weightman who will go 1st round. Seems to be a heap of excitement over him, especially in Bulldogs threads on Big Footy. Many believe he will be the answer to all our problems.
Plenty of good players didn’t get a kick in their first year

From what I understand, he’s not on 1m. None of the Geelong boys are/have been. I don’t know specifics but the message coming out of the club is that their is a very very specific pay structure and it tops out at certain criteria. There are other ways to get benefits to players, though. Why do you think Bonti drives a 2019 Merc ute?
Yeah well I reckon a half smart club that knew how to rort would be pushing that message. I’m not saying that they are definitely rotting but just this altruistic BS sounds to good to be true.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back