Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 3 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a hilarious situation. He won't leave. Best mates with Bont and all this will do is make Bevo realise "shit, maybe I should play a ruck".

Love the Essendon fans saying they're a destination club because they've got ANZAC day, Dreamtime, when literally nobody cares about those games besides the clubs involved (maybe ANZAC day but that's because I like watching the Pies beat them every year).

I was nothing but polite, respectful and did nothing against the rules. I won't post here again, but not sure why this was necessary from a mod of the board.

Bit of emotion flying about today mate. Keep the posts polite and sincere and most of us here will be glad to converse as I’m sure you guys would on your board too

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Does anyone know if we are we still in Xavier o’hallorans ear?

Also how highly is West rated internally? I haven’t seen him enough to make a judgement yet.

This is a hilarious situation. He won't leave. Best mates with Bont and all this will do is make Bevo realise "sh*t, maybe I should play a ruck".

Love the Essendon fans saying they're a destination club because they've got ANZAC day, Dreamtime, when literally nobody cares about those games besides the clubs involved (maybe ANZAC day but that's because I like watching the Pies beat them every year).
Yep, not a chance Dunkley burns his bridges, may say to the dogs he prefers a trade but he will turn up day 1of pre season like nothing has happened.

Oh sorry, i mean **** this club I'm supporting GWS next season if we trade him.

fu** me the melts in here make the Thursday night selection threads look tame. I thought Dunkley had publicly burned all his bulldogs stuff with the reactions

Absolutely nothing has happened yet other than a that ****** Tom Browne making sh*t up as usual

Breathe in and out
Tom Browne Mr reliable.

Until I here from Dunkley or his manager this is nothing more than what happens every off season. Many clubs contact player managers at this time of year. Less than 2% of those actually move..

Not surprisingly there are melts on our board, have you ever read our match day threads

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Why don't we just trump Dodo by signing Kyle ourselves AND getting his sporty sister Lara onto the AFLW list?

Get it done Sam Power. 🙏

If he stays, awesome, we keep a gun. If he leaves, we get to bend Essendon over a barrel and get heaps of currency, which we can use to get players in positions of need. I don’t want him to leave, but it wouldn’t be the end of the world. I’d rather we lose a gun inside mid than a gun forward or key back.

when we drafted Smith and West I’m guessing it was inevitable that we would lose one of our starting mids. you can’t have 5 A grade mids plus Hunter plus west coming through and hope to keep them all under a shrinking cap. also makes the Hallaran stuff sound more believable.

If it was a choice of losing Smith, Bont, Macrae or Dunkley I would be ringing Dodo now.

West will cover Dunkley in a couple of years

Having said that I prefer he stays

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We can read Baines comments two ways without been privy to the whole discussion with Stevo.

The statement maybe positioning ourselves with the Bumbers and sending a reminder he is contracted OR it could be read as we are aware of the Bumbers offer he isn’t going anywhere because we know Josh and we know his value to us and we are sure we will work something out and renegotiate things, get an extension in place to compensate him and keep him and club happy.

If he wants out you simply tell Josh you have chosen the wrong club to go to, as they are difficult to deal with so be prepared that a deal doesn’t get done and you are back here with your current teammates.

In dealing with Bumbers you tell them you want Josh, you tell us what you value him and let’s start talking.

Josh was pick 25 in the draft? If we get a decent player and another first rounder, which we can move then I would say that is good business, especially if we can address two of ruck, key back or small forward

The player from Bumbers that would satisfy me would be someone they don’t want to move and are unlikely to move as it will further weaken them. Ridley or Draper are the only two I would looked at but I wouldn’t tell them they will eventually figure it out after they have offered all their list so you can tell those players that they were shopped around. Would also consider Tippa but he would require more in the deal.

If Bumbers come back with anything short of what we want simple message GAGF! keep it brief don’t expand no pleasantries.

Last edited:
If he stays, awesome, we keep a gun. If he leaves, we get to bend Essendon over a barrel and get heaps of currency, which we can use to get players in positions of need. I don’t want him to leave, but it wouldn’t be the end of the world. I’d rather we lose a gun inside mid than a gun forward or key back.
Yes but these “targets” have to want to come to the dogs

I don’t see how this deal gets done.

Merrett for Dunkley is a fair trade but the dogs shouldn’t do that unless Merrett extends his contract. Another problem is does the Dogs even need Merrett? Does he fill a hole in the Dogs list?

Tippa fills a need for the dogs but he isn’t enough to get the deal over the line. The Dons will need to attach something to Tippa to get it over the line. The problem is do they have any other player that they can attach to Tippa to complete the trade? They can’t exactly use picks because they hold no interest to the Dogs.

You don’t get it mate. Dunkley is a gun but surplus for our midfield priorities.
In our latest two Elimination Finals our midfield has been disappointingly underwhelming. I can't see how any good midfielder is "surplus to our priorities". On the contrary, we need even more quality midfielders to match it with the better teams. I agree that we have other pressing priorities but taking away from our midfield is not a wise method of achieving those priorities. If we can add a Treloar or Merrett to our midfield then we are getting on the same page.

That's ridiculous overs. I wouldn't ask that for Zach Merrett, despite being a 2x best and fairest winner and All Australian. Dunkley hasn't won a best and fairest, nor made the AA 22 to my knowledge? And yes, I'm aware he's contracted and that Footscray hold the whip hand.
Ha ha. Is the Essington B&F something to be revered? What a joke. Dunkley is a better player than Merrett.

This is a hilarious situation. He won't leave. Best mates with Bont and all this will do is make Bevo realise "sh*t, maybe I should play a ruck".

It does however highlight the unfairness of the Dons being able to guarantee a player a marquee game every year when the AFL only lets us offer a maybe on a Good Friday game every couple of years or so. Even comp ..... yeah

I'd like to believe that the club will handle this well. That unless a deal presents itself that favours us massively and improves our chances next year that we will turn it down. The problem is that I believed those things during the Stringer saga only to watch us hand him to the Dons for two second rounders. Our best forward, former AA, entering his prime. For two picks in the twenties. Which we then traded on for Josh ****ing Schache in a last minute panic trade. Which was done by Chris Grant because our crappy list manager already had one foot out the door and had clocked off for the day. So now I just have no faith in this club during trade period. I expect us to let him walk in a deal which massively favours Essendon for no discernible reason.

I'd like to believe that the club will handle this well. That unless a deal presents itself that favours us massively and improves our chances next year that we will turn it down. The problem is that I believed those things during the Stringer saga only to watch us hand him to the Dons for two second rounders. Our best forward, former AA, entering his prime. For two picks in the twenties. Which we then traded on for Josh ******* Schache in a last minute panic trade. Which was done by Chris Grant because our crappy list manager already had one foot out the door and had clocked off for the day. So now I just have no faith in this club during trade period. I expect us to let him walk in a deal which massively favours Essendon for no discernible reason.
Except Jake was toxic to a lot of his teammates. Dunkley doesn’t fit that mould.

I'd like to believe that the club will handle this well. That unless a deal presents itself that favours us massively and improves our chances next year that we will turn it down. The problem is that I believed those things during the Stringer saga only to watch us hand him to the Dons for two second rounders. Our best forward, former AA, entering his prime. For two picks in the twenties. Which we then traded on for Josh ******* Schache in a last minute panic trade. Which was done by Chris Grant because our crappy list manager already had one foot out the door and had clocked off for the day. So now I just have no faith in this club during trade period. I expect us to let him walk in a deal which massively favours Essendon for no discernible reason.
Hearing you. Power held his nerve last year on Bruce and Keath though which gives me some faith

Oh ok

They need him more so bend over and cop the Dodo and let him go

Typical Bulldog attitude
You've really outdone yourself on this thread today Matt. Go for a walk around the block and suck in a bit of fresh air....stop winding yourself up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back