Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 3 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hearing you. Power held his nerve last year on Bruce and Keath though which gives me some faith
The Bruce and Keath trades actually left me a little concerned that Power might have some Dodoro about him, just not a deluded campaigner. Works well in cases like this - this should be hitting Kelly/Treloar/Neale trade territory if it happens

If the deal is good enough and fills our needs then I don't mind moving him on. As good as our midfield is we ain't getting past first week of finals unless something changes. Draft picks this year are no bueno considering our commitment to JUH so some decent players would need to be in the mix. Or a 3rd team.

On VOG-L09 using BigFooty.com mobile app

The only reason you'd take a trade for Dunkley is if the relationship was irreparable or if we get massive overs. Otherwise you hold him to his contract.

As it stands though he is our fourth string inside mid and replaceable. Would prefer he stay. Especially with the injury to Maclean.

Callam Twomey mentioning Dunkley still hasn't requested to be traded.
Saying Bombers are trying to get him over the line by getting his brother.
His brother got dumped by the Dees, The bombers will just dump him too within a year or 2.
Callan Ward only agreed to go to GWS if Sam Reid went with him

The only reason you'd take a trade for Dunkley is if the relationship was irreparable or if we get massive overs. Otherwise you hold him to his contract.

As it stands though he is our fourth string inside mid and replaceable. Would prefer he stay. Especially with the injury to Maclean.
Was thinking the same. If it’s a matter of money, it’s not irreparable. If the nose about being pushed out of the midfield/ player ruck is the issue, which I doubt, different story

I am trying to join a few dots here. We thought one of our players might have been up for trade and thought it might have been McClean, we heard rumours that we won’t like the price we have to pay to get a ruck, we are stocked for midfielders....

Despite what many (Extremely repetitive) posters in here will tell you, a better coach isn’t changing this Dunkley situation.

We have an inside mid bottleneck. Bont, Macrae and Libba are all better than Dunkley. Smith had a run at it this year and Dunkley had a very serious injury. There’s not a lot you can do this year to maximise his output without some level of diminishing returns with another of these similar level mids.

Good on EFC for spotting someone they think is gettable and is definitely good to pay overs for and get quality at their club.

We should cash in his value and address the obvious imbalance our list has. We had the best 5 man mid group in the comp this year and it proved to be a poor allocation of resources.

Dunks knows it’s business, he won’t begrudge our club for moving him and helping him earn big silly money.

If the bombers fleece us in a trade then we can crack the shits but that hasn’t happened yet. Power doesn’t seem as shithouse as McCartney was so there’s hope.

The club is in such a confused spot. We’ve shown a lot of spirit and resolve to fight into finals the last two years but gaping holes and obvious room for improvement is required in how we’re running the show behind the scenes.

we should honestly just see how it plays out and stop panicking all the time. The world is not caving in but it’s not perfect either

Yes but these “targets” have to want to come to the dogs
We won't trade Dunkley unless we know we can improve. So the deal(s) would have to be agreed before we trade him. Don't get upset about it...this is a commercial transaction that our recent history suggests we won't **** up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If that team of unethical substance cheats are so desperate to lure Dunkley.They use his Brother shows they are ruthless with no principles.Like their dodo...
So what they want ,only happens if it benefits us, and they pay big....l imagine first we must have a player in mind who can become part of a 3 or 4 way trade.As the bombers have nothing we want or need.Which is a gun full back wingman or rotating ruck...That losing a premiership player somehow has benefits for us.Is up for conjecture.
If we can' t make it benefit us ,then don't deal...IMO

Last edited:
Would our future first and Hurley as the basis of any deal be of interest?

Can you throw in Dustin Fletcher? Or Zac Clarke?

The team I follow in the premier league rate sources for transfers from 1 to 4, 1 being you trust them and are usually on the money. 4 being Tom Browne.

Maybe we can do something in a thread rating the reliability of source to stop the melts and genuine panic and seems depression rubbish media gossip causes

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

We need a statement from Pickering or Josh soon like the next couple of days saying that he is staying if that is not forthcoming you got to believe it is more than talk and a possibility to happen.

We can read Baines comments two ways without been privy to the whole discussion with Stevo.

The statement maybe positioning ourselves with the Bumbers and sending a reminder he is contracted OR it could be read as we are aware of the Bumbers offer he isn’t going anywhere because we know Josh and we know his value to us and we are sure we will work something out and renegotiate things, get an extension in place to compensate him and keep him and club happy.

If he wants out you simply tell Josh you have chosen the wrong club to go to, as they are difficult to deal with so be prepared that a deal doesn’t get done and you are back here with your current teammates.

In dealing with Bumbers you tell them you want Josh, you tell us what you value him and let’s start talking.

Josh was pick 25 in the draft? If we get a decent player and another first rounder, which we can move then I would say that is good business, especially if we can address two of ruck, key back or small forward

The player from Bumbers that would satisfy me would be someone they don’t want to move and are unlikely to move as it will further weaken them. Ridley or Draper are the only two I would looked at but I wouldn’t tell them they will eventually figure it out after they have offered all their list so you can tell those players that they were shopped around. Would also consider Tippa but he would require more in the deal.

If Bumbers come back with anything short of what we want simple message GAGF! keep it brief don’t expand no pleasantries.
Wot comments?

It does however highlight the unfairness of the Dons being able to guarantee a player a marquee game every year when the AFL only lets us offer a maybe on a Good Friday game every couple of years or so. Even comp ..... yeah

If it goes through you can guarantee a Dogs v Bombers Good Friday game. AFL would not want Nth in that game next year. I think Essendon played in that game in 2019.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remember their old man made a comment when Kyle was drafted that he hopes they might play in the same team at some stage

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

What a load of frog sh*^%. Kyle Dunkley will be lucky to get a gig in the new NEAFL/VFL Comp.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back