Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 3 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Josh Bruce seems more reasonable

Might have been a bit hasty on Merrett. He won't help us improve much.

If we're giving up a second, I'd want Walla as well.

Still throw in Dickson - perfect Walla replacement.

How are we in the window when we couldn't beat a team in the top 8? Injured Eagles don't count.
We weren't far off agaisnt Saints in the final Geelong, Brisbane, Port did beat West Coast Collingwood and Richmond were just off days if we get a full back and ruckman we are better with the growth of our younger players

We’re into hospital tonight for the induction of our first baby. Slightly s*itting myself but will be using BigFooty.com as one of my distractions (in between massages for my wife) tonight while we have hours to burn.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Awesome! Congratulations :)

I think his ruck work is actually decent. He’d beat English comfortably one on one imo in terms of ruck craft.
He's played very few games as full time ruck.

In 2017, against Geelong, he had 43 hitouts, 8 tackles and 2 goals. The week before he had 25 hitouts but only 5 touches. Pretty much every other game, he's been backup ruck and primarily played forward, so the sample size is too small to know what he's actually like in the position

Just had a look myself.

The 25 hitout game from Cox was against Ryder in his prime, he was All Australian that year. Ryder had 31 hitouts, 9 disposals and a goal that game and wasn't anything special by the looks of it. In the Geelong game he was up against Zac Smith and got the better of him.

English was destroyed against a much older Ryder, so that's something.

Just had a look myself.

The 25 hitout game from Cox was against Ryder in his prime, he was All Australian that year. Ryder had 31 hitouts, 9 disposals and a goal that game and wasn't anything special by the looks of it. In the Geelong game he was up against Zac Smith and got the better of him.

English was beaten by Ryder and Marshall kid needs help like Marshall

Bevo can only blame himself.
Sorry I have to call BS on this.

If he really is leaving it will be for money and nothing to do with the coach he has consistently praised throughout his career

Why else other than money would you go to a basket case like the Bombers. This is a club that has a coach the players reportedly dislike who hasn’t coached a game yet

This positional stuff is nonsense

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We weren't far off agaisnt Saints in the final Geelong, Brisbane, Port did beat West Coast Collingwood and Richmond were just off days if we get a full back and ruckman we are better with the growth of our younger players
IMHO we were a long way from mixing it with the top four. All of them were bigger/stronger/faster/better/more consistent/more systematic in general play.
I can't think of many Bulldogs players who would walk into any of those teams. We need to improve a lot to be in contention next year.

IMHO we were a long way from mixing it with the top four. All of them were bigger/stronger/faster/better/more consistent/more systematic in general play.
I can't think of many Bulldogs players who would walk into any of those teams. We need to improve a lot to be in contention next year.
Daniel,Naughton, Bont, Dunkley, Macrae, Hunter, Smith, Wallis would all walkin in starters in all then guys like Libba, Williams, Crozier, Keath would walk into most

Just had a look myself.

My theory regarding Cox and his ruckwork is that he's not too bad because he can anticipate when contact occurs. When hes forward and can get pushed under the ball it's cause he's blindsided. Whereas in the ruck you know exactly the point of impact whether that be in centre bounces/throw ins and ball ups.

I think he's more than competitive. Certainly he's better than most 2nd rucks competition wide in terms of the "ruck duel". We just don't see it often due to Grundy being a pure 100% ruck and Collingwood sometimes playing Cameron/Lynch as the secondary.

My theory regarding Cox and his ruckwork is that he's not too bad because he can anticipate when contact occurs. When hes forward and can get pushed under the ball it's cause he's blindsided. Whereas in the ruck you know exactly the point of impact whether that be in centre bounces/throw ins and ball ups.

I think he's more than competitive. Certainly he's better than most 2nd rucks competition wide in terms of the "ruck duel". We just don't see it often due to Grundy being a pure 100% ruck and Collingwood sometimes playing Cameron/Lynch as the secondary.
I'd say the fact they brought in and played Cameron in the ruck in the finals even over grundy at times suggests hes not a good ruckman but i can see you clearly wont accept that and will move on

I'd say the fact they brought in and played Cameron in the ruck in the finals even over grundy at times suggests hes not a good ruckman but i can see you clearly wont accept that and will move on

I think they did that because they needed Mason to play as a pure forward. He built some decent form in the last 4 games or so of the season.

I think they did that because they needed Mason to play as a pure forward. He built some decent form in the last 4 games or so of the season.
He had 4 touches and 0 impact in the second game if that was the case they wouldve thrown him in the ruck and changed it up as it clearly wasnt working

Tom Browne said this morning on radio that he thinks Dunks has told Essendon he wants to come hut the dogs have said it isn’t happening so it will be a hard task for the Drug cheats to make it happen

So even the bloke who started all this shite is now backing away slightly.

Everyday there is more evidence this is a total media beat up but Pickers is taking advantage of it to get a better contract with us from Dunks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back