Strategy Trade and List Management Thread Part 7 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Quoting the word disaster makes zero sense as that’s far from what was said.

I did however say I fear for our trade prospects, as we’ve been linked to very little outside of those two players. Especially considering we have the tendency of picking up more ‘out of favour’ types in recent years and giving games immediately.

Peatling and XOH played important roles this year - 19 games each in a top 4 team who is actively trying to retain them both. It would be negligent to think they wouldn’t improve our team.

If you want to rely on natural progression alone then that’s fine, it’ll certainly be an important factor in our season, but I would like to see the club replace the likely departures of Macrae and CD with players more suited to the modern game.
No they didn’t Peatling was sub half the year and XOH was sub in both finals

Darcy’s natural progression this year alone was bigger impact then what either would have been.

Can almost guarantee if I asked you who James Peatling was at r15 you wouldn’t have a clue who he was hence the suggestions that if he doesn’t choose us we aren’t getting any better are silly

When asked why he wants to leave Melb:

Oliver: “I feel like I’ve outgrown the club”

I thought he’d out grown his guernsey.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Smiths given us nothing in 2 years.

Any upside from here is a bonus.

Rather send him to Richmond than get bent over by the Cats & help a competitor gunning for finals while we are too.

It's pretty simple.

Make a fair offer or **** off & don't get Smith.

I hope Power sees it the same way.
What Bailey Smith has done is collusion
(secret or illegal cooperation or conspiracy in order to deceive others) with Geelong through Cotton On while still employed by the dogs.
To see that photo of Bailey in the stands with Geelong during their preliminary final is nothing more than a sackable offence.

As good as it is to get some compensation for that idiot, as a company, the dogs have to set an example to discourage other future dogs players from collusion with other clubs.
Sammy should send Bailey to the PSD, and not help Bailey get what he wants like a spoilt child.

Peatling is 24 and played 45 games with a large number as sub XOH is 24 and played 67 they may or may not upgrade out B22 but the reality is the difference they’d make isn’t going to be that significant to pretend we should call the period a “disaster” they’re C graders at best

What you are missing is that VDM and McSteal have been gifted a ridiculous number of games. They should be way, way behind the records of Peatling and O'Halloran. We should just face the truth and upgrade to these enticing C graders and turf the show bag players who have been gifted just too, too many games already.

I think working on the bottom end of a list is very important. Can't just line up 22 A graders to play every week. You bring in some roleplayers and if they can can become solid middle of the best 22 contributors, thats 2 guys that get knocked out the bottom the list.

What you are missing is that VDM and McSteal have been gifted a ridiculous number of games. They should be way, way behind the records of Peatling and O'Halloran. We should just face the truth and upgrade to these enticing C graders and turf the show bag players who have been gifted just too, too many games already.
McNeil finished the season strong and was one of our better players in the final somewhat similar to Peatling 40-50 games only showed something in the last 7

O’Halloran could be a minor upgrade on VDM sure but if you’re wasting a 2nd round on him you’re significantly overpaying 1 for what he’s produced and 2 for the amount he actually upgrades the team

I think working on the bottom end of a list is very important. Can't just line up 22 A graders to play every week. You bring in some roleplayers and if they can can become solid middle of the best 22 contributors, thats 2 guys that get knocked out the bottom the list.
Very much so but doesn’t have to be addressed via trade more often then not is done so through the draft

All that being said the top end of our list cost us the final this year

Remove this Banner Ad

Strategy Trade and List Management Thread Part 7 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back