Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 4 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also co owns the Mona Castle in Seddon with a couple of Dogs and ex-Dogs players
My dad and his dads local back in the day.

I have many fond memories of being in the Mona as a kid immediately after games at Whitten Oval.

I think Dunkley's defensive midfield capabilities are highly underrated. With Libba also near the end I think he'd be a big loss.
Yep, wouldn't be letting dunks go until someone else in our much vaunted midfield shows a willingness to pick up the slack defensively. We may well be able to re-jig our set up to cover his defensive work but we haven't done it yet in games where he has missed.

Are people seriously suggesting that we should have outbid Sydney's $400,000 p/y contract for a player not good eniugh that they have not selected for games this year?

This x1million. I’ll die on the hill that Ladhams would have been absolutely perfect

Yep. The club obviously had either cap constraints or other concerns, which, fine, it is what it is. But saying he wouldn't have been in our best 22 this year? Just lol

I didn’t even particularly want Ladhams at the time because I assumed English would be our forward/ruck. But that was obviously never the club’s intention, because English was unhappy.

Last edited:
Are people seriously suggesting that we should have outbid Sydney's $400,000 p/y contract for a player not good eniugh that they have not selected for games this year?
How is not getting a game for Sydney even slightly relevant? The question is would he be getting a game for us, the answer is yes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cordy was actually playing fairly well to start the year. I understand you hate him and our ruck stocks but lets not go too far on the attack and pretend McClean isn't a bigger spud
Hates him!! Come on man. That’s pretty churlish.

In what world would McLean not be playing over Cordy?

I can't imagine there's a plausible way to argue Cordy has been a better forward/ruck than Maclean this year.

The reality is Cordy is a serviceable defender, and despite obviously giving it his best crack (no one could fault his effort), he hasn't been particularly good as a forward or a ruck this year. It's just not his go.

A fit Hannan and in form JUH will hopefully allow us to change the dynamic at some point.

Not really bothered by missing out on Ladhams. Off-field issues aside, Port does not tend to trade out players that improve at their new clubs. Hombsch at GC was crap. Howard has stagnated/worsened at Saints (still decent, but definitely feel he peaked at Port), Ryder is ancient and injury prone so Saints hardly get use out of him these days. Wingard has been disappointing at best for Hawks. Frampton had that one good game against us, and has otherwise been terrible.

Say what you want about Port, but they're not dumb when it comes to the potential of players on their list. If they were trading out Ladhams, there was probably a reason for it.

Bombers planning on being active this trade period. Apparently they've learned nothing from their years of "winning trade period" and getting nowhere. Makes the Dunkley contract situation interesting - they've got picks and cap space, and he remains unsigned.
Bombers supporters are really pissed at their club the way it's run. It's a blokes and their blokes world there. There are organizers in the club that would of been booted long ago. Looks like another year of pain from the club for them.

West needs to see a pathway towards inside midfield time. Some part of my mind wonders that with Macrae, Smith, Bont, Treloar, Dunkley & Libba all playing there; the rotation is full. With Libba being a year to year prospect but a proven vital component. Dunkley is the only one not signed long term, who could leave and give West that opportunity. I really like Dunks BUT I want to keep West. Is there another way we can keep West by showing him a spot in the midfield 6 without losing Dunkley?
I think they do what they've been doing and rotate through the mid and fwd line. Bash and crash in the midfield, rest forward but offer a genuine scoring option. Bont does it, Dunks does it, Smith and Ads do it, West will do it too. I think the thi g with West is he wants to play, and right now he is showing he is more than capable of it.

I think they do what they've been doing and rotate through the mid and fwd line. Bash and crash in the midfield, rest forward but offer a genuine scoring option. Bont does it, Dunks does it, Smith and Ads do it, West will do it too. I think the thi g with West is he wants to play, and right now he is showing he is more than capable of it.
Yeah Smith said as much. They all rotate in pairs in the midfield and rest forward. Seems to be what is different to how they played last year where Smith and Treloar would playing wing and stints in the mid instead of forward.

They might make a play for Tim Taranto or even Bailey Smith
I'd be surprised if Smith went there for the sole reason that it doesn't, at this point in time, look professionally run and I think he rates that. The kid has been a professional since first emerging into this world and I doubt he would want to go anywhere and fight mediocrity.... but I could be wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back