Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 4 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thoughts? Trade him on or stand our ground and hold him to contract?
Dogs will ask for 3-4 picks plus a player (or able to bid on nga player without matching) to get the deal done

If bombers comes to use and offer:

Pick 7
They trade Pick 8 for second rounders and pass to us
Third rounder

While we send back Dunks and our third rounder

So dogs end up with Pick 8, 3 Second rounders and an increased third rounder

Dogs will ask for 3-4 picks plus a player (or able to bid on nga player without matching) to get the deal done

Pick 7
Third rounder

This is putrid

Also can people stop with the picks are useless bullshit. If we get pick 6 & 7 they are not f*n useless. Yes they’re useless if we just allow them to get eaten by JUH. How ******* ******ed is our management that we couldn’t turn picks 6, 7, 14 and a first next year into a winning situation, pre JUH bid
Not a lot of time to turn it into a gun player. Those deals usually take time. If we’re going to flip them to 2021 first rounders just let Essendon do that for us.

Pick 7
Third rounder

What good is pick 8 though given it will get eaten up by the Jamarra bid? What’s the point of all those additional 2nd rounders if pick 8 absorbs most of the bid?
Would make more sense if it was a future 1st not pick 8 and even then I’d hate it

Pick 7
Third rounder

So Pick 8 gets eaten by JuH so we get left with some second round picks in an ordinary draft, Sam Power might as well write up his resignation if he suggests that deal

Pick 7
Third rounder

Instead.

Future First + Pick 8 to us for Dunkley.

Use 8 and 14 for Treloar, Stephenson, p38 and 41.

Lets not have Essendon break up another huge asset.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m of the belief Libba won’t have another year like that. Bevo himself said he doubted whether he’d play another game given how bad his knees are
I'd rather keep Dunkley but Bont, Macrae and Smith is one hell of a starting combo

Only possible way I would accept us letting him go is if it’s for 2 first rounders minimum. Pick 6 and 7 or 6 and future first.

So for example bank a future first and then split 6 for 2 later firsts to trade for players (for example one of those picks to Collingwood for 2 of treloar, Stephenson or Phillips and the other to Melbourne for McDonald and Hannan) and trade 14 for 2 second rounders for JUH points.

There is no point getting a bunch of second rounders and a first cause you can’t have points come off just your second rounders the first would get chewed up and we’d be left with a bunch of second rounders and would get younger again from a draft with a lot of unknowns

Instead.

Future First + Pick 8 to us for Dunkley.

Use 8 and 14 for Treloar, Stephenson, p38 and 41.

Lets not have Essendon break up another huge asset.

That is overs due to treloars salary and Collingwood wanting him out, Stephensons value has also dropped. No way they are worth 2 firsts even with picks coming back

Wow Stef Martin looked absolutely pedestrian against Geelong in the final. Hope he offers us something for a year, but hell, why wouldn’t Bevo play Trengrove or Sweet in the role that Martin will likely play next year.

I’m thinking 50% game time for Martin (ruck only) and 90% game time English (50% ruck and 40% forward).

No other options I guess.

Pick 39, 42 plus our own picks 41 and 52 = 1473 points.

Trade in 2021 2nd round pick for 2020 2nd rounder would get us another 700 points (pick 27), which easily covers a pick 2 bid.
Jesus how do you people know this stuff 😂😂😂😂

It'd be good to have Stef Martin for a year or two. English having someone to learn from and model himself after.
Stef can also act as a ruck coach and as a listed player it doesn't count towards our soft cap. I suggested it's not the worst option a couple of days ago. Preferable to Mason Cox at $500k pa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back