Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 4 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah yes, I see we are fast approaching the sky is falling in stage of off season.

Kind of looking forward to the start of trade week where we pretty much have to face the media, hopefully it can be quashed on day 1 and everyone moves on
Spot on Ossie

Trade period is like a car accident you know you shouldn’t look but in the words of Icehouse “ I can’t help myself”

Pick 7 and Essendon captain and utility and all round champion Matt Guelfi for Josh Dunkley, now we acknowledge the fact that Matt Guelfi is not currently the acting Essendon captain, but we were about to make the offer of the captaincy any day now.

I have decided my future could be in AFL journalism.

you’re right, I’m just trying to wedge Roughead into the group of talented players that have been forced out rather than trying to work with them and get them going again. Roughead wasn’t disruptive but just lost his passion for the game and battled injury and form issues before being delisted... he then became a mainstay of Collingwood’s defence
I think it was the injuries that really did it as he just couldn’t seem to get a run at it post Premiership

It's good to know there are some journalists with brains and ethics. Richard Hinds showing more intelligence in one tweet than the Toms have managed in their entire careers.

If Bevo/Dunks/Bains punches one of their lights out/sticks their heads down a toilet bowl at the next media conference/Brownlow/staged AFL 'event', I'd happily donate to the club's legal costs.

All of our potential 'ratbags' (let's say Hunter, Libba, Baz, not sure who else) are by all accounts excellent and committed trainers. Particulalry with Stringer being at the Bombers, not to mention the reported issues they've had with a number of players being disgruntled at the club, this doesn't add up (beyond the payday he might receive if he can move across).
And going to a club where players are reported to be disgruntled with a coach who hasn’t even coached a game yet.

If he is leaving it’s money!

I did enjoy Goddard on trade radio this morning having a go at Stringer .. something along the lines of poor standards, he shouldn’t be going through the Macca’s drive through and the penny doesn’t drop for all players
Yep I heard that it was gold!

I don’t care what other people say but Stringer is the same lazy footballer he was at our club 20% brilliant 80% liability

Edmunds latest 'piece' speaks volumes about where all his 'info' is coming from. Straight from the horse's mouth:

“Stalemate at the moment.

“Essendon people tell me he wants to move, he’s made it very clear he wants to get across there and they even say he’s gone as far as telling some teammates he wants to move and some club staff that he wants out.

“Then the Dogs say no formal request has been put in. The Dogs don’t have to do anything now.

“We’ve got a long time until the end of the window closes so the Bombers aren’t in any particular hurry. They’ve planted the seed, they think they’ve got their man, but they’ll now wait to see if the pressure can build on the Western Bulldogs and also Josh Dunkley to try and force a move through.”

If Dunkley really wants to leave, the club should go looking for the best deal it can get from other clubs, otherwise see you for the start of pre-season, sport.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Yep and don’t do it this year do it next when we have time to negotiate

OK so this is what people have been talking about for pages. Been trying to work out where it's coming from. Thanks for finally posting it.

It's CLEARLY garbage. Best friends with Bont, Bevo's "pet", yet he's disgruntled with standards going back three years and he hasn't been able to talk about it with them or anyone? And the answer is to go to Essendon?? ******* come on.

fu** me footy journalism is bullshit. Trying to drum up drama about a possible trade situation that is clearly as boring as "Dunkley has been offered shitloads of money from another club and is deciding if it's worth leaving a club he's happy at, while both clubs try to work out if there's a trade that makes it work". There's nothing more than that, and if the media about our sport wasn't so ******* amateur they'd just report it as such.

Honestly the clutching at straws for a "story" is so ******* embarrassing. Grow the fu** up AFL media. Trade week aint Bold and the ******* Beautiful.
Come to think of it Dodo does kinda look like Ridge

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It is trade week, no news for the media to over analyse, clubs don’t leak like they did previously, except for clubs with an agenda. Ignore and move on, if a trade happens it’s on our terms.

Forced myself to read that Fox Sports Tom Morris report. FML, that is the biggest load of cadswallop I've seen in a long time. The only certifiable fact in the whole story is that Dunkley is a Bulldogs player. There is not a shred of journalism, or even basic research, in the entire story. I could get an 8yo who follows footy to write a piece with more depth and analysis.

Can someone post the Buckenara Hun article on the Carlton target for the Dogs?
Levi Casboult

Make of it what you want but I have it on good authority the Bulldogs have asked to meet with colingwood, trelor and his management.

I’m of the belief if we keep Dunkley and get Treloar we significantly improve our team. The midfield is already powerful but this just strengthens it even further.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Levi Casboult
Levi is becoming a Josh Kelly, John Butcher style staple of the trade rumour season but no doubt he makes a lot of sense for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back