Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 4 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lipinski reminds me of nathan hrovat. Good citizen, fringe player, good disposal, but lacking something.

I think that the guy is a solid footballer, and good luck to him wherever he ends up.

We are always going to lose players we would rather not lose, that is just the nature of the AFL. We just need to continue to trade and more importantly draft well.

I agree with the idea of drafting up
However its always a difficulted task for us sadly

My goodness, we need a ruckman. I don't know whether Sweet can be that man...but if the Coach thinks he can't, then we need to have a red hot crack at everyone who can play that role in our system.

Last edited:
Yep a journeyman will do.

I think Ceglar would be the best balanced option on a scale of realistic & achievable.

not in the top tier of rucks, but a lot better than anyone else we’ve got and still has a good few years left in him

My goodness, we need a ruckman. I don't know whether Street can be that man...but if the Coach thinks he can't, then we need to have a red hot crack at everyone who can play that role in our system.
Pretty sure Street Wont be the man, Sweet on the other hand Might just fill the void if we decide to play him

Pretty sure Street Wont be the man, Sweet on the other hand Might just fill the void if we decide to play him
Holy shit. I'm a moron. How embarressment.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Based on what Bevo said tonight to fox footy pre game, our ruck department will look different next season.
Power said we'll be more aggressive at the trade table this year. Bevo has said we want more ruck support for English. Media reports suggest we're "all in" for a ruckman.

Imagine last night's game with a legitimate R1 instead of Lewie Young. We're in a good spot list wise

I don’t recall saying you could not be a good player and not win a premiership…?

Moreso suggesting good players that may be dickheads potentially hinder team success, by pointing 4/5 players you mentioned bringing in are yet to win a flag.

Who cares if they played in a grand final? Don’t get anything for second place.

Personally don’t think you can win multiple flags and have a sh*t culture in this day and age. Bringing in a divisive player, risks the fabric of a club.

Fwiw, I am not even suggesting the players you mentioned are dickheads (I can’t even remember who you mentioned), I am supporting the list management methodology of bringing good people through the door as I think that will drive team success.

Like I said, I never saw him play.

I can only comment on what has been reported in the media following his career.

There are also a number of stories of him not knowing his team mates names. From my perspective that’s pretty self indulgent and disrespectful not to learn your team mates names.

I guess that was a different era though.
I did see him play live. I saw him tear as a new one at The Western Oval. I saw GA do the same.
Lockett wasn't selfish. Get that through your head. He stood up and kicked goals, exactly like Dunstall but meaner.
He didn't bother chasing defenders, Dunstall did. But I'm guessing Locketts coaches didn't need him to.
Ablett was selfish, with good reason. The most explosive, freakish player ever. But defensively terrible. Played more as a roaming forward rather than stay at home forward. He was an exciting player.
As for players names. St Kilda in those days were so bad it's not surprising. They had players nobody knew.

Agree
If we lose Lipinski we may live to regret it
How? He doesn't get a game now, he isn't even an emergency. He may well become a good player and do really well at another club.
I would rather he go and do well than rot in the VFL with us. He has to go, we need to facilitate a trade for him to get an opportunity elsewhere. Being greedy is not helpful to Lipi or the club long-term.
Nobody is indispensable...maybe Bont, but he's rare air.

Power said we'll be more aggressive at the trade table this year. Bevo has said we want more ruck support for English. Media reports suggest we're "all in" for a ruckman.

Imagine last night's game with a legitimate R1 instead of Lewie Young. We're in a good spot list wise
I still think we need to play Sweet. Particularly v The Port Rats. Too much to ask Lewy to compete v those big blokes.

2016: Former Lion Jed Adcock moves for the last season of his career. Plays 7 games in the H&A season, 0 finals. We have to win the flag from outside the top 4.

2021: Former Lion Stefan Martin moves for the last season of his career. Plays 7 games in the H&A season, 0 finals. We have to win the flag from outside the top 4.

Last edited:
2016: Former Lion Jed Adcock moves for the last season of his career. Plays 7 games in the H&A season, 0 finals. We have to win the flag from outside the 8.

2021: Former Lion Stefan Martin moves for the last season of his career. Plays 7 games in the H&A season, 0 finals. We have to win the flag from outside the 8.

Winning the flag from outside the 8 !!!!

2C79CD4C-65D2-46BE-938D-DD27E52922E9.gif

I did see him play live. I saw him tear as a new one at The Western Oval. I saw GA do the same.
Lockett wasn't selfish. Get that through your head. He stood up and kicked goals, exactly like Dunstall but meaner.
He didn't bother chasing defenders, Dunstall did. But I'm guessing Locketts coaches didn't need him to.
Ablett was selfish, with good reason. The most explosive, freakish player ever. But defensively terrible. Played more as a roaming forward rather than stay at home forward. He was an exciting player.
As for players names. St Kilda in those days were so bad it's not surprising. They had players nobody knew.
Cool, whatever man. I’m not here to argue about locketts credentials as a player.

Hear to have have robust discussion about the best list management philosophy to win the dogs premierships

2016: Former Lion Jed Adcock moves for the last season of his career. Plays 7 games in the H&A season, 0 finals. We have to win the flag from outside the top 4.

2021: Former Lion Stefan Martin moves for the last season of his career. Plays 7 games in the H&A season, 0 finals. We have to win the flag from outside the top 4.
If this actually happens can we recruit Birchall next year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back