Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 4 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Very surprised Carlton caved in to give Pick 8. I wouldn't have thought half-back was that critical to them with Docherty, SPS, Newman and even Williams if midfield doesn't work out

Last edited:
Which was the same age Grundy started to show genuine improvement I think you need to lay off the grumpy pills and realise we are recruiting well for now and the future
Grundy was a genuine gun ruckman by the age of 22.
English is still getting beaten every week at 23. Not just beaten either, absolutely smashed. He's not even competitive in the ruck contests against career crabs like Rhys Stanley.

By the way, as much as I'm ragging on recruiting an old fart like Martin, I actually don't doubt our recruiting for the most part. I think they've done a great job for several years and have built a fine list.

Beveridge on the other hand...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Big unders I reckon. Ports future second will be in the 30s, they could've pushed for more especially since he's contracted another year. Sydney's spine is shocking
They weren’t willing to give him a long term deal. Port offered three years with a fourth year being met by a games played trigger apparently.

For someone who is meant to provide analysis, he seems clueless when it comes to discussing trading. I don't listen to TR (I'm judging Lloyd on what people are posting on here), but surely they would be better served by getting a decent poster from each team board on BF to replace the majority of their 'analysts' - I'm guessing it couldn't be any worse!

I don't get why we weren't in the discussions with Alir Alir he seems like the perfect player for Bevo
He's shocking one on one, so I can understand not wanting to grab him as a defender. Ordinarily I would agree with you, and he does seem the type Bevo likes, but I don't think our side would improve with Aliir purely because of the types we already have. He'll be good at Port

Aliir gone too - future 2nd.

Curious, why we showed no interest in Aliir Aliir? He can fill the KPD position we're after and can help ruck as well, right? two birds one stone

Curious, why we showed no interest in Aliir Aliir? He can fill the KPD position we're after and can help ruck as well, right? two birds one stone

Too obvious. We like to get creative.

Does this make it harder for Fantasia to get done now? This would make it harder for Dunkley now

Listening the the port head of footy this morning, he was pretty clear that they’d had enough of Essendon and were just going to pull the trigger on the aliir deal.

He also confirmed they don’t have any current players they’re moving out, so the picks they have now is all they’ve got to offer the bombers.

Fun times

How about just a regular ruck coach? Then give the player list spot to someone with a better chance of contributing in the forthcoming years like a Preuss.
I guess Beveridge shot down that idea early for making too much sense. That and his irrational hatred of slow ruckmen
Preuss is a dud

Have you seen him play he’s terrible athletic sure but some of the worst decision making I’ve ever seen abs skills are woefull

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back