Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 4 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Naughton just brings too much to the forward line to send him back. I see our future tall forward line as being Naughton, JUH, and then English and Darcy rotating ruck and forward. By the time Darcy's ready Bruce will be quite late in his career.
Thats how i see it too.

Pretty amazing impact he has had on the club when you consider he came over as a no fuss recruit. Is a highly respected assistant coach who is directly responsible for bringing Soldo and Balta to the club along with Noah Colina. Top bloke too.
100% agree with everything you posted

except 1 thing !

Its Mate Colina ;)

Lots of talk about Lipinski leaving for more opportunities, but what about West?

He seems to have fallen behind a number of players such as Garcia and McNeill.

What would West's manager be saying to him?

If he wasn't a West he'd be gone, and with Scott getting upset on social media, I suspect he might be out. Less discussion than Lipinski because Lipinski's built up some decent form at AFL level and West is barely tried.

Lots of talk about Lipinski leaving for more opportunities, but what about West?

He seems to have fallen behind a number of players such as Garcia and McNeill.

What would West's manager be saying to him?
Maybe "think about looking for your teammates instead of trying to be a hero"

Not sure any of the ruckman on offer are any good. I think Timmy is pretty much ready with another off season in the gym and another pre season working with Steph/Kingy. He hasnt been an utter liability in the ruck this year I think his work has been far better than we expected. I cant think of anyone that I want from another team other than Mcevoy. The rest are garbage (Ceglar, Sinclair etc)
How many times have we heard that?
Tim is 24 years old this year; he's still losing the hit out count by a lot, and still getting massively outbodied by players like Tom Hickey and Rhys Stanley.
People need to accept that some players don't have the body or natural strength to play ruck at AFL level. Ayce Cordy was the same, even though he wasn't helped by injuries.
Tim was in career-best form earlier in the year playing as a roaming utility with Stefan Martin carrying the #1 ruck burden. Since English has become the #1 ruck, he's taking less contested marks and kicking less goals. Playing him in the ruck only bogs him down as a player, it's a role he's clearly not suited to.

Ruckmen in the current era should be strong and aggressive. This does not come to Tim naturally.

Last edited:
Lol, I thought Duman and Lienert were solid suggestions.
Instant upgrades on Cordy.

Kelly is a good medium defender option.
I watch a lot of Freo games, and personally don't see much in Duman. I think he's about Cordy's equal at most. Though I wasn't a fan of the Crozier trade when it happened, and he improved out of sight with us, so who knows.

I haven’t caught up with all the chat, but if there is a player in AFL better suited to us than Darcy Moore, I’ll be staggered.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What about Jeremy Howe as a stop gap if he gets through the last month of the season unscathed? Only 190cm but could play the 2nd tall roll in our structure.

He’s 31 so no point staying on the pies list and they might be happy to clear the salary so won’t cost too much.

What about Jeremy Howe as a stop gap if he gets through the last month of the season unscathed? Only 190cm but could play the 2nd tall roll in our structure.

He’s 31 so no point staying on the pies list and they might be happy to clear the salary so won’t cost too much.
Not for me - too big a risk, has been injured a lot over the last 2 seasons- body may just not be up to it anymore.

Surely Darcy Moore is an untouchable for the Pies. Fans would burn down the joint if they traded Moore out the year after Treloar, Stephenson and Phillips left.

But, would be ideal, both for his qualities and age demographic.

I think we can also rule out Leinert. The article suggests "He could be a ready-made solution should any Doggies defenders not perform." Meaning he is a VFL player. Don't need anymore of them.
Our defenders do the job nicely thank you. Grossly underrated. Funny how the media pick a theme and hang onto it like grim death. However, we could always use one more as long as they are top quality.

Our defenders not being able to stop one on one contests is true. It is also true for the majority of defenders who are left one on one. Every team uses some form of team defence that can be exploited if breakdowns occur.

If Aaron Naughton kicks 5 against Geelong it doesn’t suddenly mean the Cats defenders can’t stop anyone one on one.

Not sure any of the ruckman on offer are any good. I think Timmy is pretty much ready with another off season in the gym and another pre season working with Steph/Kingy. He hasnt been an utter liability in the ruck this year I think his work has been far better than we expected. I cant think of anyone that I want from another team other than Mcevoy. The rest are garbage (Ceglar, Sinclair etc)
Either of Max Lynch or Ladhams would be playing for us now if on our list and available

Ladhams yes, not sure about Lynch. He has played less career games then Jordon Sweet and seems to be getting a tonne of buzz from the one game he broke even with Max Gawn earlier in the year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back