Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 5 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Contracted til ‘26 so would be a nightmare dealing with Bombers, but yeah he’s genuinely one of the only ones I’d even be interested in - geez it’s a bad list haha

It won’t happen under Bev but Stringer would improve us, I mean if he was cheap and there was no off field issues in bringing him back (no idea if there’s players who would be pissed or whatever, not my job to judge, if there’s not then how could I be pissed?) and he’s grown up a little bit * I’d be all over that.

Won’t happen though

Why Rowe? 🤦‍♂️ Eagles supporters are talking about a 2nd rounder for Rioli, or an upgrade from 30 to 20 etc, his value is not high and he’s absolute quality. Supposedly has a support network in Melbourne too, Let’s ask the question. He would be a huge addition to our forward line
Rioli isn't even remotely worth a 2nd rounder he had 1 good year in 2018 when they won the flag which will be 5 years ago by r1, Also has weight and fitness issues on top of the fact he missed 2 years after defrauding a drug test late pick sure he is worth a shot but 2nd rounder is way to high for what hes actually produced

I would take a mature Jake Stringer back to our club no problems at all

Might be waiting a while for that, he’s barely past puberty ( in Jake Stringer years , like dog years but in reverse )

Edmund running with Dunkley heading to Brisbane.

How will they afford him? Feel like dunks is dudding is here
Edmund is one that has had good connections to the Dunkley situation in the past, although it could now just be Pickering feeding him information to up his contract offers.

They probably had $400-$450k aside for McStay that they could use so I'm sure they'll find a little bit extra from somewhere to address a significant list need for them if needed. Gardiner & Zorko both out of contract and would be on pretty decent salary too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The audacity for Melbourne to ask after Naughton. 😡.
You've gotta ask the question. How mad would you be if we didn't ask about someone like Barrass or Taylor then on day 4 of trade period they request a trade to another team?

I'd be more surprised if they didn't ask.

You've gotta ask the question. How mad would you be if we didn't ask about someone like Barrass or Taylor then on day 4 of trade period they request a trade to another team?

I'd be more surprised if they didn't ask.

It’s pointless if you don’t have the trade assets for a contracted gun like those players.

Fair enough with someone like North Melbourne who would be able to immediately throw pick 1 on the table.

There is no way Power bends over and cops it from Brisbane over a player like Dunks which instantly solves a lot of their issues - I’d suggest we’d rather lose him to the PSD if that was the case rather than improve a direct competitor, I know I would.

Just don’t see how they get it done with their situation. Agree with Dergert above Lohmann would be an option, Ballarat boy and could add something, highly talented but hasn’t shown anything yet + obviously Payne but these two aren’t the bulk of any deals for Dunks.

Completely different levels of players - I’d want both + a very good pick. Maybe we could give some points back? I don’t think Payne will leave anyway and I’m really not sold on him tbh

Then surely Power are out if they’re all in for Grundy, can’t see how they get both done?

Maybe (hopefully) options are drying up for Dunks

It’s pointless if you don’t have the trade assets for a contracted gun like those players.

Fair enough with someone like North Melbourne who would be able to immediately throw pick 1 on the table.
Eh, good clubs find ways to make it happen. Jackson to Freo and Lobb to Dogs provides a three-way trade opportunity if Naughton was open to it. Throw in a couple first rounders from Freo and one from Dees for example.

Of course, we wouldn't do it. But you've gotta ask.

The audacity for Melbourne to ask after Naughton. 😡.

Where was that reported?

If they were to trade Naughton they'd have rocks in their heads

Where was that reported?

If they were to trade Naughton they'd have rocks in their heads

It’s easy for anyone to put 2 and 2 together and get something like Lobb in Darcy to be a forward, Bruce fit and Naughton to the backline. Maybe Naughton doesn’t want to play back?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Does the Dunks to Brisbane rumours just confirm that he’s staying? That’s got manager leaking nonsense written all over it…journos fall for it every year.

Dunks will get roughly the same wherever he went (minus Norf) and now his camp is just coming to terms with that.

Brisbane can’t give away draft capital this year and they wouldn’t have the cap room anyway.

He’s staying.

Does the Dunks to Brisbane rumours just confirm that he’s staying? That’s got manager leaking nonsense written all over it…journos fall for it every year.

Dunks will get roughly the same wherever he went (minus Norf) and now his camp is just coming to terms with that.

Brisbane can’t give away draft capital this year and they wouldn’t have the cap room anyway.

He’s staying.
They have a second FS prospect to accumulate points for in addition to Ashcroft don't they?
They'd have to move a lot of players on for the spaces & picks to cover both if they're trading in a player like Dunks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back