Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 5 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Word on the street

3 freo players to the dogs

First is obvious, second has been talked about, third will be a complete surprise.

Chilli eggs bacon
Just for my own purposes, I’ve decided that this is said player’s initials back to front and Brennan Cox’s parents liked the name Edward.

I probably get too excited with the draft but we have such a good history with first rounders and there are plenty of examples of 18 year Olds contributing strongly so I think if we can add some good role players through the draft it might help us find another level.

If Dunkley chooses Brisbane I think their current first and future first for Dunkley and our pick 29 seems about right value.
If they lose tonight they have pick 13 which will end up 14 after Ashcroft and assuming their pick next year is 13 as well that values Dunkley at pick 7.

They would have enough to match an Ashcroft bid at 1 with those picks plus McStay compo.

I'd then try to move our future first or Brisbane's into this year's draft, perhaps to GWS who might have 3,12,19,21,39 if Hopper and Taranto are traded.

Maybe our future first and pick 37 for pick 19 and 21. Which will both get pushed back a few picks after fs bids and free agency compo.

Gives us 11,13,19,21 this year to try to pick the eyes out of the draft.

The first 2 picks we could look at Gibney to help sure up our defence against small/mid forwards and perhaps Humphrey to be a mid forward who actually has goal sense or perhaps a genuine winger in Ollie Hollands or Elijah Holland or Cam McKenzie if still there.

With the later picks we can have 2 cracks at a key defenders with players like Weddle Hayes or Lemmey or pick up a slider like Brayden George.

Might help inject a bit of the spark which seems to be missing and, if the right picks are made, help ensure that we have a strong team for the next 10 years

I know it gets said every year but next years draft is projected to be much better than this year. I’d be wary about trading a F1. Power likes to keep our firsts as well.
I probably get too excited with the draft but we have such a good history with first rounders and there are plenty of examples of 18 year Olds contributing strongly so I think if we can add some good role players through the draft it might help us find another level.

If Dunkley chooses Brisbane I think their current first and future first for Dunkley and our pick 29 seems about right value.
If they lose tonight they have pick 13 which will end up 14 after Ashcroft and assuming their pick next year is 13 as well that values Dunkley at pick 7.

They would have enough to match an Ashcroft bid at 1 with those picks plus McStay compo.

I'd then try to move our future first or Brisbane's into this year's draft, perhaps to GWS who might have 3,12,19,21,39 if Hopper and Taranto are traded.

Maybe our future first and pick 37 for pick 19 and 21. Which will both get pushed back a few picks after fs bids and free agency compo.

Gives us 11,13,19,21 this year to try to pick the eyes out of the draft.

The first 2 picks we could look at Gibney to help sure up our defence against small/mid forwards and perhaps Humphrey to be a mid forward who actually has goal sense or perhaps a genuine winger in Ollie Hollands or Elijah Holland or Cam McKenzie if still there.

With the later picks we can have 2 cracks at a key defenders with players like Weddle Hayes or Lemmey or pick up a slider like Brayden George.

Might help inject a bit of the spark which seems to be missing and, if the right picks are made, help ensure that we have a strong team for the next 10 years

I know it gets said every year but next years draft is projected to be much better than this year. I’d be wary about trading a F1. Power likes to keep our firsts as well.
I've read the same but we'd still have a future first and I think the depth this year looks pretty good. Plus players drafted this year might help us win next year's flag!

I've read the same but we'd still have a future first and I think the depth this year looks pretty good. Plus players drafted this year might help us win next year's flag!
If he picks Brisbane you’d hope both their 1st this year and next would be in play, but it’s hard to see it given the points they’ll need.
13 and their future first for Dunkley 29 is pretty close though

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back