Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 5 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cal Twomey saying the Giants would be open to conversations on Lachie Whitfield and Nick Haynes. He's probably on huge money, but I would love Whitfield on a wing for us, would be a huge get. Maybe can give back better draft capital for GWS to pay a little of the salary if it's too rich for us, but should have some cap space with Dunks going...
While Haynes is a great player, I can't help but feel like he's going to drop off a cliff the instant his athleticism fades. Same thing happened to Wood. Would be doing our due diligence on a physical though

Will Ashcroft has already signed for 4 years. Obviously he's going to Brisbane and was never going elsewhere but hope we squeeze these pricks a bit
That's fine. As long as they pay the 3000 pts required to get him. Also forces them to dig deep in terms of draft picks and player trade-offs to get Dunkley.

Agreed. But crouch is a natural at winning the ball in a pack and dishing it out to the class kicks. Bailey smith would lick his lips (I’ll get my hat…)

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Yep our class kicks. Smith, Libba, Macrae, Hunter, Gardy, Naughton, West, McComb we have so many fine "purveyors of meat" it's not funny.

Schache's manager reckons we'll hold on to him if we don't get Lobb. Also said that Power is confident we will get Lobb. I think I heard the last part right
It'll get done when all of a sudden they need an extra 2nd rounder for the Jackson deal

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Schache's manager reckons we'll hold on to him if we don't get Lobb. Also said that Power is confident we will get Lobb. I think I heard the last part right
With Cordy's departure, I'd be comfortable keeping Josh on a bargain basement contract. Just the added little bit of depth at either end of the ground if needed.

yes please for Whitfield, smart player, good user, exactly what we need.

People talking about Cordy's development or lack there of. Unfortunately, the Cordys have a genetic trait to peak athletically at 17, and then to decline steadily as they age and gain weight. Weve seen it twice now. They are the Benjamin Buttons of 17-30yo elite athletes.

I was driving but didn’t hear it quite like that. Said keeping Schache not necessarily linked to Lobb. Few clubs have enquired about Schache but only as a DFA. I didn’t hear the bit about being confident on Lobb.

Macrae and Libba are elite kicks. The rest bar maybe Hunter are still all better kicks than Crouch anyway
Macrae is an elite 20 metre kick. He is not an elite kick.
Put him in front of goal and he is awful.
Libba agree is a good kick, not elite

Cal Twomey saying the Giants would be open to conversations on Lachie Whitfield and Nick Haynes. He's probably on huge money, but I would love Whitfield on a wing for us, would be a huge get. Maybe can give back better draft capital for GWS to pay a little of the salary if it's too rich for us, but should have some cap space with Dunks going...

Whitfield will be owed about $5 million and is contracted until the end of 2027!

Good luck getting anyone to take that on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back