Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 5 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we trade Dunks, Cordy and Hunter, are we even going to hit the 95% salary cap floor? That'd be $1.2 million. Jones wouldn't be on much i'd imagine. Lobb obviously bumps it up I guess though if we get him.
That's assuming Melbourne cover all of Hunter's contract. We might have to pay some.

So today is disappointing Wednesday. Dunkley goes for almost nothing, we bring in a spud tall for overs who has sand wedges for feet and possibly lose some other players. 😡🤷💩
Well atleast you have till 3pm to enjoy your day before all the trades become official and your day heads south....very considerate of the AFL I reckon

Think it’s always important to remember when people are suggesting trading guys like Bruce, Schache and Croz is that teams have injuries during the year. It’s unlikely that all talks will be available for selection each week.
Schache hasn't been offered a contract yet, and Crozier was shopped with little interest.
Bruce won't change teams again. He's part of the furniture now and if he can play KPD, even as depth it makes us a better side.

Assuming another pre-season gets him back to AFL standard mobility and fitness, Bruce is very good depth. If Naughton gets injured or needs a rest we can still roll out a really good forward line.
We don't have to change our structure in the event of injury. That's helpful.

Hunter should be wary of Melbourne . Steven May might punch him in the kisser .

So does this sheeeeiiiit end today ? I’ve been lurking here not posting . No-one comes out smelling of roses in these threads . I’m above all this these days

Attachments

• 1665529156343.png
    1665529156343.png
    129.9 KB · Views: 40

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Schache hasn't been offered a contract yet, and Crozier was shopped with little interest.
Bruce won't change teams again. He's part of the furniture now and if he can play KPD, even as depth it makes us a better side.

Exactly right. Too often we talk about trading players out with little consideration as to whether there’s actually any interest out there. Bruce offers far more than just his football output and that is really important to the success of any organisation.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Hunter should be wary of Melbourne . Steven May might punch him in the kisser .
Melbourne won't be losing any boat races next year with those two as teammates

IF Hunter does go. I think our biggest hit would be his on field leadership. How many other players, people in the leadership group included, are constantly directing others where to go, and what to do. He acts like an on field coach at times. Always vocal. For the knocks on his kicking at times, or slowing the play down, he is a very smart player.
The players aren't listening to him at all mate... Trust me it's not just the coaches that are off him it's the whole squad

In this instance though nothing has transpired between GWS and Brisbane which could encourage dodgy behaviour (unlike the Melbourne-GWS deal you mention). If GWS don't bid on him, it's a legitimate pass IMO.
GWS won’t bid on Ashcroft at #1 and don’t risk accusations of collusion. They have an easy out….. they bid on Darcy last year as their need was a tall . As Ashcroft isn’t a tall they’ll go that other fella and get him the 20/25k NAB bonus for being #1.
Hope Sammy budgets on the Lions needing less points that appears when they cry poor.
Then bid on Fletcher at 11, claiming he had his fingers crossed when they shook. 😉

The players aren't listening to him at all mate... Trust me it's not just the coaches that are off him it's the whole squad
Doesn’t hide the fact we will be losing a very good footy brain and an elite runner.
If half the stories going around though are fact, it’s a cost we need to overcome.

Adding Wingard to the side would be nuts
I swear I’ve never wanted something more aha, but I never have seen us really see someone new in the market and go after them we always only focus on what’s in front of us which is abit annoying, and with all our focus on Dunkley i doubt we would even make the call

Another of Williams’ clients, Western Bulldogs forward Josh Bruce, has also been floated around in trade circles given that his clubs is attempting to recruit Rory Lobb from Fremantle.

However, the 30-year-old former Giant and Saint will not be joining a fourth AFL club anytime soon and could even find himself in defence at times in 2023.

“Josh is committed to playing at the Dogs,” said Williams.

“He’s got another year to go on his contract. He had a great year in 2021 until he did his ACL.

“The aim was just for him to come back and play a little bit of football in 2022, which he did.

“I know Josh is training really hard at the moment and looking to make a big impact there.

“I think he’ll have a chat with ‘Bevo’, he might either play in defence or up forward so that remains to be seen.”
flipping love this. Really like Bruce as a player and at his best is a lock in the forward line, if he can get back there but will likely have to be lighter like he was in 2021. If he plays defence he could probably afford to put on a bit of bulk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back