Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 5 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Geelong have chased Hunter the last few years. They know his off field situation and we’re still chasing him. I don’t think anything has changed in their thinking…. They just want as many experienced players as possible, to keep the window open.

They'd find a way to turn him into an AA wing.

I just want someone at Essendon to decide they desperately need Dunkley, throw a godfather offer at him and trade us pick 5.

He can spend his remaining years being a big fish in a small midfield alongside Jake the cake Stringer and never see another September.

Had his 3rd best year ever for production, 2nd best for clearances and best for 1%ers. #3 ranked ball winner in the comp this year, only Oliver and Neale got more of it. Alarming.
He also for some Bevocentric reason played far less in the guts. Was often on the wing.
[/QUOTE]
Fair call. I mean he is a gun. I reckon Hunter has been excellent for years before this one, Baz is an absolute star on the rise. We're talking about some pretty good players here. Wouldn't want to see any of them go.

I'd be amazed if there was a team in the league that can meet his teammate standards. That's where I'm not calling BS on the murmurs but I am calling naïveté

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The advantage of the points thing is that by giving them points back with later picks, we can extract more value out than usual. This is what we did with Treloar where we ended up giving them essentially nothing, but they benefited from it.

Very roughly, something like:
Bris give: 2022 (1112 points) and 2023 first rounders, then a later/2023 pick or a player
Dogs give: Dunkley, pick 29 (653 points) and an extra second rounder from another trade/FA

The pick swaps benefit them and we get an extra first/another asset.

If the Lions are targeting players like Dunkley who will still require a pretty decent trade package while they have bidding for Ashcroft etc this year, they are going to have to look at moving on some players with value also like Lohmann, Dev Robertson etc...

Good, he's a drama queen.

At the end of the day, Dogs have to find best deal, just because he wants to go to Bris, doesn't mean its the best interest for the club. Bris will be hesistant to give up high draft picks with F/S selections. Send him to WC for Barrass, enjoy family from the other side of the country.

If the Lions are targeting players like Dunkley who will still require a pretty decent trade package while they have bidding for Ashcroft etc this year, they are going to have to look at moving on some players with value also like Lohmann, Dev Robertson etc...
This is never the case. Clubs aren’t going to trade out good players to get points, they’ll just go into deficit.

The advantage of the points thing is that by giving them points back with later picks, we can extract more value out than usual. This is what we did with Treloar where we ended up giving them essentially nothing, but they benefited from it.

Very roughly, something like:
Bris give: 2022 (1112 points) and 2023 first rounders, then a later/2023 pick or a player
Dogs give: Dunkley, pick 29 (653 points) and an extra second rounder from another trade/FA

The pick swaps benefit them and we get an extra first/another asset.
Is there still the rule that you cant trade out future 2nd/3rds if you move the future first?

We just need to target the right player, look at what Crisp has turned into as steak knives in the beams deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back