Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 5 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone got a realistic idea of what we'll get in return?

I'm not looking for a Bigfooty pie in the sky 'here's what I DEMAND Sammy Power' more a precedence based prediction for an out of contract very good but not elite midfielder in his peak years.

So where are the Dunkley apologists now? The bloke is a mercenary plain and simple. Tried it two years ago, came crawling back and now here we go again. If you're a supporter of our club and you're happy to cop that, then you've lost me. Felt zero emotion to him since he requested the trade to the Druggies.

He can p*** off and hopefully we squeeze every last cent out of the deal. Hopefully it's more 'professional' up there. 🙄

The advantage of the points thing is that by giving them points back with later picks, we can extract more value out than usual. This is what we did with Treloar where we ended up giving them essentially nothing, but they benefited from it.

Very roughly, something like:
Bris give: 2022 (1112 points) and 2023 first rounders, then a later/2023 pick or a player
Dogs give: Dunkley, pick 29 (653 points) and an extra second rounder from another trade/FA

The pick swaps benefit them and we get an extra first/another asset.
That’s a terrible trade for us lmao, lose Dunks to upgrade 2x 2nd rounders to late firsts?

Hopefully Gardiner nominates the dogs and lions cant afford to match with the Dunkley deal. It'll essentially be no gain for the lions and a gain for the dogs.

So where are the Dunkley apologists now? The bloke is a mercenary plain and simple. Tried it two years ago, came crawling back and now here we go again. If you're a supporter of our club and you happy to cop that, then you've lost me.

He can p*** off and hopefully we squeeze every last cent out of the deal. Hopefully it's more 'professional' up there. 🙄
I mean even after he wanted out, he still gave 100% every time he stepped on the field for us. Has seen out the contract and now wants to look elsewhere which is his right

Premiership player, I don't have a bad word to say about him.

If only we had less ostriches at the club

I believe that his dogs breeder lives up in Qld, hence the wanting to get closer to family.
The dog misses mum, so wants to be closer

Not sure how true that is.

I heard him and his sister opened a Swingers ranch together and he wants to be close to the business. To make sure it runs smoothly.

See ya Dunks.

Let's see what the Lions cough up, hope Sam Power bleeds them dry.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is Kyle Dunkley going to be on the Brisbane list too now?

I’m sure this is not a surprise at all. Let’s hope Sammy has shaken the tree and something has fallen out.

So where are the Dunkley apologists now? The bloke is a mercenary plain and simple. Tried it two years ago, came crawling back and now here we go again. If you're a supporter of our club and you're happy to cop that, then you've lost me. Felt zero emotion to him since he requested the trade to the Druggies.

People forget that he cant kick to save his life, he is slow with the ball and whenever he gets the ball he slows the ball movmement kills all momentum that we have. What is his X-Factor? he tackles... its a basic skill in the game, every player can tackle. McComb can tackle and he is the worst player in the league. I hope Power & Dogs play hardball, 'Brisbane you aren't giving up multiple 1st's? Alright cya Dunks, we'll trade you to WC for Barrass, or North for McKay'

Just get me Zac Bailey

Anyone else get the idea that this supposed bromance with Treloar was just Dunkley looking for an ally after his failed trade request and finding one in a player who was uncomfortable at a club he didn’t really want to join in the first place?
He's still close with Crozier as well.

I mean even after he wanted out, he still gave 100% every time he stepped on the field for us. Has seen out the contract and now wants to look elsewhere which is his right

Premiership player, I don't have a bad word to say about him.

If only we had less ostriches at the club

Full of respect for players that request a trade, come back and then two years later request another trade.

He can f*** off and take his man child Dad with him. Apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

We don’t need to add pick 29, they will need to add something for that to be needed.

Likely to have a fringe player coming back.
Agreed. Any picks for points we throw to Brisbane would be provisional on them giving us all three of this years first, next years first and the McStay compo.
Dunkley on his own gets two of those.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back