Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 5 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are we a chance to pinch Barrass. I would throw a bit at him to get him across. Backline needs strengthening bad and we don't seem to want to improve this area. What doesn't Bevo understand?

I wonder if Dunkley was heading to Port during the season until they changed tact when slime bag Pickering got wind of Horne-Francis becoming available and Port saying there was no way they could do both. If that was the case it was bad news for us because we would have probably got pick 8 and a future first with something going back their way maybe a future second.

Slime bag Pickering and Dunkley lets make that slime bag Pickering and Judas Dunkley needed to look somewhere else with the lions coming to party knowing they would be getting away with low balling us.

Sour grapes from me I guess. I never booed Griffen. I think they made him captain and he was never suited just a shy country pig shooter and that lead to him leaving. However, I will be booing Dunkley loudly we made him a premiership player in his first season and ok he played well for us but in the end just went for dollars.

Naughton and Jones (if he can pick up from where he left off) would be a seriously good key back pairing... Gardner or Keath as the third, playing more of an intercept role. We know Keath played that role at Adelaide, and Gardner's intercepting has improved a lot. Bruce, Jamarra, Lobb, Darcy and Schache alternating as the key forwards depending on form and injuries. Pretty balanced at either end at that point.

I wonder if Dunkley was heading to Port during the season until they changed tact when slime bag Pickering got wind of Horne-Francis becoming available and Port saying there was no way they could do both. If that was the case it was bad news for us because we would have probably got pick 8 and a future first with something going back their way maybe a future second.

Slime bag Pickering and Dunkley lets make that slime bag Pickering and Judas Dunkley needed to look somewhere else with the lions coming to party knowing they would getting away with low balling us.

Sour grapes from me I guess. I never booed Griffen. I think they made him captain and he was never suited just a shy country pig shooter and that lead to him leaving. However, I will be booing Dunkley loudly we made him a premiership player in his first season and ok he played well for us but in the end just went for dollars.

But, you know there are still plenty of our supporters who were willing to stand by Dunkley and saying all the right things at the B&F, 'giving his all' and the like.

Never ever washed with me. The bloke is a traitor and a mercenary. Plain and simple. I will be booing him loudly and hoping his career goes down in flames. As for slimebag Pickering, he's just a pimp.

Thanks for the info as always. Any idea if the minor pick is this year or next? Hoping for one of their late future 2nds, but doesn’t sound likely.
If they’re not willing to give us a measly 2nd rounder in addition to a F1 & 21 I’d refuse to deal out of principle, how ****ing tight can these campaigners be. They literally don’t even need it anymore and are still refusing to play ball? Just hand over a 2nd rounder ffs haha **** me dead

If they’re not willing to give us a measly 2nd rounder in addition to a F1 & 21 I’d refuse to deal out of principle, how ******* tight can these campaigners be. They literally don’t even need it anymore and are still refusing to play ball? Just hand over a 2nd rounder ffs haha * me dead
We’re already getting shafted. I’d rather Brisbane not have Dunkley than we not even get a 2022 first

Slime bag Pickering and Dunkley lets make that slime bag Pickering and Judas Dunkley needed to look somewhere else with the lions coming to party knowing they would getting away with low balling us.

With some other ex-Dogs, you could make a case for mitigating circumstances surrounding their departure:

• Griffen, as you have alluded to
  • Nathan Brown was lowballed by our contract offer
  • Callan Ward received a godfather offer whilst we idled on offering him a new contract

I don't think we can be so generous to Dunkley, even with a bit of revisionism in years to come. He is a mercenary, pure and simple, who has had one foot out of the door for at least the last three years. The Dogs have developed him and treated him very well, and yet he is not even concerned - on the evidence available - to ensure that we are fairly compensated for his leaving. In my mind, he has just taken a huge dump on his legacy as a Bulldogs premiership player.

I don't know whether I will waste the energy on booing him, but if Brisbane line up against Melbourne in next year's grand final, I will be riding the Demons home like there is no tomorrow. And I can offer no greater insight than that into my disdain for the way the player and his soon-to-be new club have conducted themselves.

Last edited:
Naughton and Jones

With Keath playing that would be a good tall defensive structure, but we know how hellbent many on here are against having Astro on the backline.

With some other ex-Dogs, you could make a case for mitigating circumstances surrounding their departure:

• Callan Ward received a godfather offer whilst we idled on offering him a new contract

I don't think we can be so generous to Dunkley, even with a bit of revisionism in years to come. He is a mercenary, pure and simple, who has had one foot out of the door for at least the last three years. The Dogs have developed him and treated him very well, and yet he is not even concerned - on the evidence available - to ensure that we are fairly compensated for his leaving. In my mind, he has just taken a huge dump on his legacy as a Bulldogs premiership player.

I don't know whether I will waste the energy on booing him, but if Brisbane line up against Melbourne in next year's grand final, I will be riding the Demons home like there is no tomorrow. And I can offer no greater insight than that into my disdain for the way the player and his soon-to-be new club has conducted themselves.
... and before it becomes enshrined in legend, yes he is a premiership player, but he was by no means a key plank in that premiership. Some would say 'very lucky' to be in the team in 2016.

I don't know whether I will waste the energy on booing him, but if Brisbane line up against Melbourne in next year's grand final, I will be riding the Demons home like there is no tomorrow. And I can offer no greater insight than that into my disdain for the way the player and his soon-to-be new club has conducted themselves.

We should have dumped him on Essendon - the two deserved each other.

For someone so 'professional', the character flaws exposed in all of this have been telling. Maybe he's a good fit for Brisbane after all with its d****** captain.

You look at who missed the flag. Bob, Jong and Wally - two heart and soul players, who would give their left nut (both nuts) the jumper and yet this turd has been handed a flag after doing stuff all apart from shanking simple kicks. Makes you sick 🤮

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Where you getting your info? Not denying it’s veracity in any way just interested.

I’ll be disappointed by these outcomes if true.
Forget about this trade period... no one is going to be overly happy at the end of it.
Turn your attention to the draft and focus on the future.

...and hope like hell the karma bus hits Brisbane and Dunkley next year.

I don't know whether I will waste the energy on booing him, but if Brisbane line up against Melbourne in next year's grand final, I will be riding the Demons home like there is no tomorrow. And I can offer no greater insight than that into my disdain for the way the player and his soon-to-be new club have conducted themselves.

On Ward, apparently he didn't want to leave and wanted to stay and only asked for an extra $50k per year, which we refused so he left. He was prepared to take a lesser offer to stay.

I was a young teen and was so sad when he left, was my favorite player at the time, wore #14 because of him, even my username has 14 because of him

Forget about this trade period... no one is going to be overly happy at the end of it.
Turn your attention to the draft and focus on the future.

...and hope like hell the karma bus hits Brisbane and Dunkley next year.
Look the fact is we didn’t have the best entering bargaining position.

Regardless of what happens I’ll be pleased with Sam if he extracts the maximum possible and holds them up as long as possible.

Where you getting your info? Not denying it’s veracity in any way just interested.

I’ll be disappointed by these outcomes if true.
Haven’t we lost enough ITK posters on this board by people challenging stuff they don’t like? Do we need to know where RW&B gets it from? It’s usually good so let’s accept it as that and just see how this plays out. It is what it is at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back