Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 5 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haven’t we lost enough ITK posters on this board by people challenging stuff they don’t like? Do we need to know where RW&B gets it from? It’s usually good so let’s accept it as that and just see how this plays out. It is what it is at this point.
I wasn’t at all being critical mate! Think you may have read a loaded question where there was none.

My experience with pannastalroz and the Boyd info from Dalrymple has taught me to treasure what little inside info can be gleaned here.

Naughton and Jones (if he can pick up from where he left off) would be a seriously good key back pairing... Gardner or Keath as the third, playing more of an intercept role. We know Keath played that role at Adelaide, and Gardner's intercepting has improved a lot. Bruce, Jamarra, Lobb, Darcy and Schache alternating as the key forwards depending on form and injuries. Pretty balanced at either end at that point.
Good to see more people coming around to Naughton in the backline if Lobb joins us.

I think I’m well and truly over this posturing bullshit. Just take the F1 and 21 for Dunks and get the Lobb trade done with a mid 20’s pick.

Geelong doesn’t **** around, Hawthorn never ****ed around, they just got players in that suited their needs and when players wanted to leave they got that done also.

We will probably get shafted for dunks. Oh well. It doesn’t make us a feeder club no matter how many of you try and leverage it to be that way. A feeder club to Fitzroy? C’mon man. Teams don’t always have to win trade week. We’re not Essendon. Cop the slight overs for Lobb and the slight unders for Dunks and move the **** on.

Back our recruiters/Power to turn the F1 into someone like Callaghan next year and the 21 this year into a good young KPD then turn our pick 30 into 26 with a shuffle and we’re done Lobb. It’s a win anyways.

I think I’m well and truly over this posturing bullshit. Just take the F1 and 21 for Dunks and get the Lobb trade done with a mid 20’s pick.

Geelong doesn’t * around, Hawthorn never *ed around, they just got players in that suited their needs and when players wanted to leave they got that done also.

We will probably get shafted for dunks. Oh well. It doesn’t make us a feeder club no matter how many of you try and leverage it to be that way. A feeder club to Fitzroy? C’mon man. Teams don’t always have to win trade week. We’re not Essendon. Cop the slight overs for Lobb and the slight unders for Dunks and move the * on.

Back our recruiters/Power to turn the F1 into someone like Callaghan next year and the 21 this year into a good young KPD then turn our pick 30 into 26 with a shuffle and we’re done Lobb. It’s a win anyways.
Agree to an extent but it should be 21 & F1 & F2 and it should be done right now.

There is no reason to expect them not to give us that extra F2 when they have 2 themselves.

That helps us either bridge the gap and turn 21 into a first or helps us get Lobb across the line. But it should be on them to give us that and they’re just taking the piss if they don’t to be completely honest

Agree to an extent but it should be 21 & F1 & F2 and it should be done right now.

There is no reason to expect them not to give us that extra F2 when they have 2 themselves.

That helps us either bridge the gap and turn 21 into a first or helps us get Lobb across the line. But it should be on them to give us that and they’re just taking the piss if they don’t to be completely honest
If the be all and end all in the deal is a pick in the 30-35 range then it’s laughable. From both sides.

I get where you’re coming from 100% but let’s all just take a breath and realise that getting 0 for dunks is not an option and it won’t go down that way.

Hopefully we do pick up the F2 because it further assists in poaching someone next year but if we don’t I’m at the point where it’s a big ol fashioned oh well and we shake hands anyways.

Geelong doesn’t * around, Hawthorn never *ed around, they just got players in that suited their needs and when players wanted to leave they got that done also.

We will probably get shafted for dunks. Oh well. It doesn’t make us a feeder club no matter how many of you try and leverage it to be that way. A feeder club to Fitzroy? C’mon man. Teams don’t always have to win trade week. We’re not Essendon. Cop the slight overs for Lobb and the slight unders for Dunks and move the * on.

It's not a win for us or any of the 16 other opposition clubs if Brisbane get Ashcroft, Fletcher and Dunkley without giving away too much.

They already got Marcus Adams on the cheap from us, and they shafted us years ago when they received pick 25 from. Sherman only lasted two seasons with 31 uninspiring matches for us. We basically got him for Jarrod Harbrow when you consider we received that pick (#25) as compensation for him going to GCS. Big loss for us.

Why should we let Brisbane shaft us again?

Hahathis is not happening. We are clear winners here, Brisbane would be mad to do Dev as well as the future first.

Its probably the most realistic trade idea that trade radio has done, Everyone seems to win in some regards, Jackson and Dunkley are both worth 2 firsts, which we get one and 2 players (one young and one older).

• Bris & Freo don't have enough picks, so players need to be involved which is done
  • Melbourne get 2 firsts
  • Carlton moves back but gets more picks
  • Brisbane keep there later picks for F/S

The problem is, it's not slight unders for Dunks.
The chances of picking up up player in the draft of Dunkley's quality with picks outside the top 10-15 are historically very slim.
With pick 21, your chances of picking up a decent player are similar to having a pick between 30 - 40.

Hahathis is not happening. We are clear winners here, Brisbane would be mad to do Dev as well as the future first.

God forbid we even get close to possibly winning it...

It's how much do they want Dunkley? Are they prepared to actually give a bit more knowing that this might get them closer to a flag or are they going to continue being p****?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The problem is, it's not slight unders for Dunks.
The chances of picking up up player in the draft of Dunkley's quality with picks outside the top 10-15 are historically very slim.
With pick 21, your chances of picking up a decent player are similar to having a pick between 30 - 40.
Dunkley was an early 20s pick.

Dunkley was an early 20s pick.

And the player we bid on before Dunkley was Ben Keays, who’s also turned out pretty good.

Also I know the accepted thinking is that because the Bears managed to squeak through two finals this year instead of their usual chokewank exit and they’re adding Dunkley that they’re a given for the top 4, but their recent history and thrashing by Geelong is what stands out for me and I don’t trust them at all. So I think it’s much more likely their F1 will be closer to 11 than 18.

You know Dunkley and Pickering are getting nervous after Pickering melt on the weekend. It’ll be very damaging for his reputation if the trade doesn’t get done. You can see him pushing Brisbane to get the trade done.

The PSD talk was for Pickering, not Brisbane. A bit of “get on your bike” and help us get what we want.

Why are people so upset that Dunkley is acting like a mercenary? He's a professional footballer. What else should we expect?

Very few players become rusted on devotees of the club like Bob or Bont or Ellie have done. We should be eternally grateful for those few that do but that's not the norm.

In different circumstances players know the club will tell them their services are no longer required (Stringer, Hunter) or that they aren't good enough (Butler, Greene) or that we'll keep them but not for the price they want (Ward, Cordy). So why should we expect any more loyalty than the club is showing their playing footballers? It's a professional relationship.

It's the fans who have the emotional attachments.

Furthermore there's a chasm between our expectations of how Dunkley should behave and how fringe players like Cordy or Schache should behave. Nobody seems terribly concerned that Cordy has signed for a slightly better deal at St Kilda. Isn't that all Dunkley is trying to do? He just happens to be an A-grader while Cordy is a C-grader.

I'm no great fan of Dunkley the person (I admire Dunkley the footballer) but I think some of the commentary against him here is OTT.

The Dunkley deal was made difficult and derailed by the Lions

1. Taranto deal set the market. The whole football world knew that
2. Cerra deal previous year gave and insight into the market and this was confirmed by point 1.
3. Lions had pick 15 and F1 but they chose to otherwise.

The only people that should be complaining and the only place where there should be noise coming from is from Whitten Oval.

Now the Dogs should be asking for 21 , F1 and a player.

Is anyone still patting Dunkley on the back now?

If the f**kwit had any consideration for our club, he’d have told Lions to just do a deal that gets him to the club with minimum fuss. Without either team paying/getting unders/overs.
But, here we are going through the same shit we did 2 years ago when he requested a trade to the Dons.

I hope the Fagan shit sends their club in to a spiral and Dunks plays shit footy for the rest of his career.

The top of my shitbloke ex dogs list. Clear air second. Hurry up and f**k offski.

Why are people so upset that Dunkley is acting like a mercenary? He's a professional footballer. What else should we expect?

Very few players become rusted on devotees of the club like Bob or Bont or Ellie have done. We should be eternally grateful for those few that do but that's not the norm.

In different circumstances players know the club will tell them their services are no longer required (Stringer, Hunter) or that they aren't good enough (Butler, Greene) or that we'll keep them but not for the price they want (Ward, Cordy). So why should we expect any more loyalty than the club is showing their playing footballers? It's a professional relationship.

Furthermore there's a chasm between our expectations of how Dunkley should behave and how fringe players like Cordy or Schache should behave. Nobody seems terribly concerned that Cordy has signed for a slightly better deal at St Kilda. Isn't that all Dunkley is trying to do? He just happens to be an A-grader while Cordy is a C-grader.

I'm no great fan of Dunkley the person (I admire Dunkley the footballer) but I think some of the commentary against him here is OTT.

The clear difference is that Cordy and Schaches careers could be over if they stay at the club. They’re moving/potentially moving to prolong their careers.

Terrible comparison.

Geelong has "professional" footballers too ........... but none of them appear to display the same mercenary attitude to their club as Dunkley has to the Bulldogs. They actually work together as a team both on and off the field so they can all enjoy continued success.

Geelong has "professional" footballers too ........... but none of them appear to display the same mercenary attitude to their club as Dunkley has to the Bulldogs. They actually work together as a team both on and off the field so they can all enjoy continued success.
And get paid huge off field sponsorship money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back