Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 5 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is big upside in Bedendo. Kinda similar to the Ed Richards upside we saw this year. If he clicks - a lot of the potential issues on the wing will dissolve pretty quickly.

There is big upside in Bedendo. Kinda similar to the Ed Richards upside we saw this year. If he clicks - a lot of the potential issues on the wing will dissolve pretty quickly.

Really excited about Bedendo. Another pre-season in him and he can have an impact next year.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Treloar should play where he is suited.

In the guts and guts only.

Bevo doesn't trust Treloar in the guts.

Watch him closely. When he gets the ball in tight situations he panics and hoofs it forward or handballs it to a teammate in a worst position almost always.

His ability to apply pressure is also poor, smoothers, blocks... all the 1%ers aren't at the elite level.

His positioning around stoppages is also poor. Often you will see Bontempelli yelling at him to get in the right spots.

What is he good at?

Ads is a great handball receive player. Taking yards in open space when he receives the ball. When Ads went into a halfback role( playing as that 7th back) towards the end of the season it really opened up his game & his mind. He didn't have to worry stoppage positioning and making quick decisions in tight pressurized situations.

What is Bedendo leg speed like?

Who would you compare him too in terms of leg speed?

Sorry have not followed him enough

We should not benchmark against our tragic underperforming history. The management of the club was a basket case for 30 Plus years. We need to benchmark against the best not the worst.Our management over the past 20 years has been very good and Bevo got lucky wit’s some great recruiters and financial stability.
Not sure what you mean exactly. We made two Grand Finals inside 6 years, whatever benchmark you use that is going okay.

There's s**t all around in terms of DFAs. Rowe is the only one I am remotely interested in.

Wasn’t this just a running joke?

Not sure a bloke that couldn’t get a game/do much when he did in a struggling team is the answer to any of our problems

Maybe I am.
But an argument of "we sucked so bad previously you should be be happy we only suck a little bit" isn't all that persuasive.

I want us to be a major force. It seems that is a minority opinion amongst our support group.
So do I, but so do 17 other clubs. Should we have played in more GF's....Absolutely. But our last 6 years has been pretty good. We are far from a perfect team, until they start recruiting smarter then we will always be that nearly team. Getting players that are out of contract wanting to come to us like other teams seem to do is the main part of the problem.

Wasn’t this just a running joke?

Not sure a bloke that couldn’t get a game/do much when he did in a struggling team is the answer to any of our problems
I don't have a strong opinion on Rowe, but 'couldnt get a game' is a bit harsh when he played 36 games in 2 seasons.
Small forward in a rubbish team is a thankless gig.

One thing that bothered me was the accumulation of mid aged or older players who weren’t best 22.

While I hate to see Wallis go out that way, with him, Butler, Schache, Hunter and Parker all going (and Martin presumably to the rookie list) it’s far better.

My guess is some or most of Bruce, McComb, Roarke, Keath, Scott and O’Brien will be gone next year too. Obviously if everyone goes we’ll have stuff all depth, but there’s no point having a lot of players in that range who can’t get a regular game.

Many Adelaide pundits believe he was played out of position during his time.

I think we have the list space to take a punt..

You could make the argument that he would be likely to score more goals in a team with a good midfield with quick ball movement and a number of KPF’s to bring the ball down to ground level - but he’d need to stay close to goal and work on his defensive pressure.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wished we got Stefan Martin way back in 2017 when he wanted to return home

Well never mind in regards to my previous Stef posts :D

Exciting in regards to list spots available now, I still think we need another ruck in the list, I wonder if there are any state league guys or DFAs floating around we like?

Sad to see Wallis retire as well but let's be honest, none of the delistings today were going to have a genuine chance of improving our best 22.

Time to refresh.

While I largely agree, I would prefer Wallis in a time of need than some still on our list. At least he is a good kick and a good shot for goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back