Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 5 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
For those who know more about Buku's prospects and have seen more of him in the VFL than I have ... I get it that he's always been a project player, has certain deficiencies and is still marginal at best.

So does anyone think there is an AFL-level future for him on our list? Or is he a lost cause? If he has a future with us, in what role and how can we get the most out of him? If there's not a role (as I suspect is the case) could he make a go of it on any other AFL list? Would another coaching panel be able to get more out of him?

If we can't find a senior role for him after many years on our list I presume he would be worth next to nothing in terms of trade value. In which case he should go with our blessing and encouragement. That would at least open up a valuable list vacancy.
At a club like North, West Coast or Maybe the Hawks he could eek out an AFL career as a third Forward or Back.

He is just not someone who looks like he will be a player in a challenging team. Last year Schache was a better forward in the VFL than him and is not in the top 7 or 8 forwards at the Dee's, a team that is challenging

On SM-G996B using BigFooty.com mobile app

As we should. We tend to hold onto players a year too long.

McComb (delisted)
O’Brien (delisted)
Hannan (delisted)
McNeil (delisted)
Crozier (delisted/traded)
Bruce (delisted/traded)
Duryea (delisted/retired)

McLean (VFL leadership), Bedendo, Raak all get one year deals but are generally lucky there are others to be moved on first.

B Williams, Sweet & Khamis all may draw interest elsewhere but multi year offers should be on the table.

O’Donnell, Poulter, Scott all to remain with the club on 2 year deals.

Overall I expect 8 players to move off the list with a few lucky ones to remain.
McNeill is well ahead of McLean, Bedendo and Raak
I want to keep Bailey Williams. While we're scouring the league for discards to fill wing roles, Truck is often our best option.

We're about to add Croft so Khamis slips even further back in the pecking order. Great story but he needs to move on.

At a club like North, West Coast or Maybe the Hawks he could eek out an AFL career as a third Forward or Back.

He is just not someone who looks like he will be a player in a challenging team. Last year Schache was a better forward in the VFL than him and is not in the top 7 or 8 forwards at the Dee's, a team that is challenging

On SM-G996B using BigFooty.com mobile app
Hawks are flush for tallish defenders.
Essendon's lukewarm interest might be Buk's only chance

Gardner takes the more dangerous forwards than Keath, so clearly the MC Gardner in a similar way as I posted earlier.

You can disagree, fine.

Calling either TOB or Tomlinson a KPD is a bit off too considering we brought in TOB as an interceptor and discussion on Tomlinson is in a similar position.
Nobody considers them KPDs (and if you do, I disagree with that proposition as well)
I'm looking forward to watching Gards own Charlie Curnow and Jeremy Cameron again should they meet in September (or before).

I’m picking Keath 10 times out of 10 if it comes down to him and Gardy

Gardy is horrible celebrating his spoiling ability is really grasping at straws
Keath 2 years ago sure not a question now though difference story, he’s consistently out of position, consistently forces turnovers by always kicking backwards without looking if a switch is on and now rarely takes his intercepts.

He was a fantastic pick up just like Duryea but we need to remove the rose tinted glasses and see what they really are now

McComb (delisted)
O’Brien (delisted)
Hannan (delisted)
McNeil (delisted)
Bruce (delisted/traded)

McLean (VFL leadership), Bedendo, Raak all get one year deals but are generally lucky there are others to be moved on first.

B Williams, Sweet & Khamis all may draw interest elsewhere but multi year offers should be on the table.

Overall I expect 8 players to move off the list with a few lucky ones to remain.
You can’t say we hold onto players too long then suggest Sweet, Williams and Khamis should have multi year offers on the table.

Sweet and Williams are fine depth players so you can offer them shorter ones with triggers for multiple years but they aren’t the kinds of players you offer too many years too

Khamis is never going to play a role with us and will be lucky to be on a list long term

McComb (delisted)
O’Brien (delisted)
Hannan (delisted)
McNeil (delisted)
Bruce (delisted/traded)

I would hold McNeil and delist Roarke instead. Agree with the rest though, need a clean out and all of those guys are past it/not up it. One more year for McLean in the hope he can get back to pre ACL's Toby, not holding my breathe though.

I'm a no on Liam Ryan, awesome at his peak but bringing a WA boy, late in his career coming off a bad injury and away from family. I can see it not ending well.

Tomlinson I'm not hugely excited by, but if he comes cheap would play AFL in out backline, particularly if Bruce, Tim O and Crozier all go. Could be serviceable for 1-2 years until Buss and O'Donnell are ready.

Desperately need quality kids in the door this year. By the end of 2025 we probably have all of Jones, Libba, Treloar, Keath, Lobb, JJ, and McLean all off the list.

I would hold McNeil and delist Roarke instead. Agree with the rest though, need a clean out and all of those guys are past it/not up it. One more year for McLean in the hope he can get back to pre ACL's Toby, not holding my breathe though.

I'm a no on Liam Ryan, awesome at his peak but bringing a WA boy, late in his career coming off a bad injury and away from family. I can see it not ending well.

Tomlinson I'm not hugely excited by, but if he comes cheap would play AFL in out backline, particularly if Bruce, Tim O and Crozier all go. Could be serviceable for 1-2 years until Buss and O'Donnell are ready.

Desperately need quality kids in the door this year. By the end of 2025 we probably have all of Jones, Libba, Treloar, Keath, Lobb, JJ, and McLean all off the list.
I have similar concerns on Liam Ryan, but he’s only 26 - seems older and like he’s been around a long time, only started AFL late too so less miles in the legs.

Would have to do some very thorough research into his body and where his heads at in regards to a Melbourne move, but it’s the sort of move that could win you a premiership if it paid off.

Why are people talking about Bedendo like he’s never played a game? He’s had a bad injury this year nothing to suggest that will continue, for the most part I don’t recall him missing too many games in his first two seasons? One being Covid affected too. Plus he came into the squad as a raw project player, he’s well ahead of where we’d expect him to be even with a written off year.

He’s the most talented kid on our list outside the team other than Darcy, he’s obviously an easy extension

Why are people talking about Bedendo like he’s never played a game? He’s had a bad injury this year nothing to suggest that will continue, for the most part I don’t recall him missing too many games in his first two seasons? One being Covid affected too. Plus he came into the squad as a raw project player, he’s well ahead of where we’d expect him to be even with a written off year.

He’s the most talented kid on our list outside the team other than Darcy, he’s obviously an easy extension
How do you judge him as the 2nd most talented player on our list when he’s played 2afl games and been injured the majority of the time he’s been on the list?

How do you judge him as the 2nd most talented player on our list when he’s played 2afl games and been injured the majority of the time he’s been on the list?
He’s hardly been injured the majority of the time, he’s played a heap of really good VFL footy.

I mean it’s not that controversial of a call, who has shown more or looks more talented? (Note I said outside of the team)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Obviously you’d do it all over again, but we lost a lot of draft picks with the Jamarra and Darcy picks that we’d ordinarily have. You can definitely see the depth isn’t where it should be. Croft too you have to take but it’s not exactly a need.

You’d think we might be feeling it for a while. Essentially didn’t have 3 second round picks for 3 straight years, and then a few more in the lower rounds.

He’s hardly been injured the majority of the time, he’s played a heap of really good VFL footy.

I mean it’s not that controversial of a call, who has shown more or looks more talented? (Note I said outside of the team)
Personally I’ve seen more in glimpses from Gallagher, Clarke, Jones and Buss. I really don’t get why Bedendo gets so hyped up on here when he’s rarely in our best players when not injured. Seems he gets better the longer he doesn’t play

Keath with concussions issues and Bruce’s body gone, we need at least 2 experienced KPD’s now and hope Busslinger comes on with a strong pre-season

We have to use an early pick on a key defender even if we don't get Croft because of it.
We have JOD and Buss developing already and Croft very well might become a defender at afl level. I'm not against drafting O'Sullivan or even Murphy but it doesn't have to be at the expense of getting Croft who will only cost us points.
Need to draft a burst/skillful Mid early and inject some youth and excitement Into the middle.

If Jones is back next week I would be tempted to play Buss and JOD alongside him.
Fast track them as soon as possible.
If the season is over with a few games to go. I'd be playing both for the rest of the season without question. Would like to see Jones, Busslinger and O'Donnell next week. But we all know Gards will hold his spot.

McComb (delisted)
O’Brien (delisted)
Hannan (delisted)
McNeil (delisted)
Bruce (delisted/traded)

Suggesting Roarke keeps his spot for his 10th pre season? . Name a bigger list clogger in AFL history that has been given this long and never produced anything to suggest he will be a consitent solid AFL footballer.......🥔

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back