Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 6 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

I’ll genuinely fume if we piss away our midseason pick on another low-ceiling list clogger retread like Spicer.
Yuck. He'll debut immediately too.

It bemuzes me why we dont use Harmes as a tagger / defensive mid he absolutely pantsed Libba in 2021 when he tagged him it makes 0 sense to why we dont use him in that role
It is beyond stupid.

It bemuzes me why we dont use Harmes as a tagger / defensive mid he absolutely pantsed Libba in 2021 when he tagged him it makes 0 sense to why we dont use him in that role

I've been asking this question ad nauseum.

Especially Sat night when Fyfe, Serong and Brayshaw were free wheeling through the first half.

Bevo's response: run Daniel off half forward to tag Serong AFTER each centre bounce!

Meanwhile Harmes contributes little running around wing/half forward.

I'd also like to know if anyone else in the box is suggesting Harmes and being over-ruled, or the rest of them agree with not using Harmes as a tagger?

As of this morning, as I’ve been told.

Richmond, Melbourne, Saints are asking about Lobb
Both SA teams are asking about CD
North, Saints and Essendon are asking about Macrae

Dogs are looking to up their offer to Smith to 4 years + more money.
English is looking to be 5 on 900 odd
JUH 2 on 850ish

And I’d be slightly nervous around Bont if we don’t have a signature by Christmas…

JUH 2 on 850ish

And I’d be slightly nervous around Bont if we don’t have a signature by Christmas…
Keep an eye on Petty to Crows and Lobb to dees three way deal

Dogs only want a mid to late third to offload his contract

JUH 2 on 850ish

I'd keep Macrae as he's still a decent high half forward and mid rotation. Would like to keep Smith but feels unlikely.

Daniel and Lobb being moved on for 2nd rounders would be good. 3 2nd rounders if used well on outside mids could really help our list balance

I'd keep Macrae as he's still a decent high half forward and mid rotation. Would like to keep Smith but feels unlikely.

Daniel and Lobb being moved on for 2nd rounders would be good. 3 2nd rounders if used well on outside mids could really help our list balance
Yeah. Can see us walking away with a bunch of seconds, plus a first for either Smith or English depending on their moves.

I’d wager Macca could still be worth something around a 20 as well.

JUH 2 on 850ish

I'd be gutted for Macrae if he ended up at Norf although he'd make a small fortune which would help ease the pain.

Exactly. As you say, 2016 GF, Liber went to Kennedy after half time and was instrumental in the outcome.
I think there might be one or two instances since, but I've lost count (I know I'm not alone there!) of how many oppo mids (or rebounding defenders, particularly from Geelong) dominate games, and Beveridge refuses to lock down on them.
He did use Wally in that role a bit a few years ago. Baz for run with roles twice last year. There aren't too many examples though

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Because port have no rucks and Ivan is injured
They recruited him exactly for this reason. We decided we don't need him but recruit a Fwd/Ruck who actually struggles as a ruck. Not only do we do that, we give a 4 year deal on high money. When we could've had a low priced genuine ruck and kept two X 2nd rounders.
We could've used Sweet as a ruck and English as a fwd/ruck. With Darcy in the pipeline it could've worked well.

How good would it be seeing Sweet running around this year in our best 22. Zero marks and zero impact outside the ruck contests.

Would be a joy to watch.
Bevo would rather use Naughton or Marra as a ruck than play him haha

What assumption is there that Harmes was brought into tag?

I just assumed we needed a proper utility that could also play centre bounce to phase out players like Scott, for all his effort and hard work, from the team.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back