Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 6 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Name a single poster who wanted either West or Garcia to be delisted?
Yeah you can file that under the very bloated list of things that are said on this board that didn't actually happen.

I don't recall anybody saying they should be, let alone "most".

Agreed

no regrets GIF
Is it just me or is that a dead ringer for Caleb Poulter?

Whatever Anthony Scott's position is!
Utility player is Scott's position. Essentially a player that is thrown around the ground to fill a gap. He's a serviceable player for the role but really need a player like Miles Bergman who is much better because he contest in the air and ground. If Bianco can contest in the air he'll be better at it than Scott.

Players with long term injuries tend to do that occasionally.

Nathan Brown went to the US when he did that fibia/tibia injury and I think De Goey went somewhere when he was out for a while. Not sure that we can take much out of it, really.

Ripping into the bloke on what is really just media talk at the moment is a bit premature, IMO.

Do players ever read our musings, I wonder...? :worried:

Fair call. That's why I said 'who am I to judge?'

I've got no idea what's going on with him or the club. Sometimes you do wonder how journo hacks get hold of this sort of stuff. 🤔

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Regardless of how the next 12 months plays out, Lobb was an excellent, shrewd target for a team that had consistently lacked a second ruck, and who only had an 18 year old injury-prone player in that position on the list. He has played 23 games for us in 1.5 seasons and I shudder at the thought of who would have been there without him.

I'm consistently shocked by the vitriol he receives as a solid if unspectacular role player.
This x 10 - Has a player ever copped so much unfair criticism .
He was a great pick up and addressed a need that most clubs have - we actually addressed it.
Plus at reportedly $2mil over 4 years he's hardly overpaid - $500k a year is barely over the league average wage.
Everyone craps on about his so called poor performance in round one against Melbourne... yes his stats weren't great but he was far from the worst that day... People forget he provided one of the highlights of the season that game when he went back with the flight of the ball, into oncoming traffic and took a screamer, then went back from 40 out and slotted it. It was an incredible effort but no one has ever mentioned it.

One of the biggest issue re Lobb

our game style didn't suit him at all

he was flying at Freo when they played fast footy
Fast footy and spreading the field with accurate but fast kicking, providing Lobb room to lead and accuracy to hit him.

Dogs have always been a team that's happy to create and win contests, use handball and have some overlap run - we're never creating space. As a positive contested ball team players crowing around the ball suits us more.

This x 10 - Has a player ever copped so much unfair criticism .
He was a great pick up and addressed a need that most clubs have - we actually addressed it.
Plus at reportedly $2mil over 4 years he's hardly overpaid - $500k a year is barely over the league average wage.
Everyone craps on about his so called poor performance in round one against Melbourne... yes his stats weren't great but he was far from the worst that day... People forget he provided one of the highlights of the season that game when he went back with the flight of the ball, into oncoming traffic and took a screamer, then went back from 40 out and slotted it. It was an incredible effort but no one has ever mentioned it.
the other bit is that he's gone back to the VFL and is putting in/ performing at a level that would get him a game at nearly every other team in the comp
He could have easily sooked and put in half arsed efforts, or started sniping out of frustration like Luke Parker

he is just unlucky we have number 1 and 2 picks he's battling for spots up forward

Isn't it great then that he's doing all the rehab with us, just milking the club for all it's worth, providing no value at all for the rest of the year and then he'll hit the road in search of brighter lights.

Good stuff. Class. 🙄
On the flipside, you could view it as an employer providing necessary facilities for the employee to carry out his duties, as part of a typical worksafe return to work plan. It's also no doubt part of a contract that the club is required to provide rehab facilities and programs. So it's hardly all on Baz here.

Isn't it great then that he's doing all the rehab with us, just milking the club for all it's worth, providing no value at all for the rest of the year and then he'll hit the road in search of brighter lights.

Good stuff. Class. 🙄
I think this is a pretty harsh take. The bloke came back to pre-season super fit and didn’t tear his ACL by design. Access to facilities, physios, etc. is just part of the bargain between players and clubs and it’s not “milking us” to do his rehab with his contracted club. Pretty sure he was also helping out with the VFL warm up last weekend.

Name a single poster who wanted either West or Garcia to be delisted?
There was definitely some of this though:
  • "Why is West in the VFL when McComb playing!"
  • "Rhylee West will never be as good as Scott West"
  • "Sure but he doesn't need to be as good as Scott to be better than McComb!"
  • "If his last name wasn't West and Scott wasn't his dad you would care that he's in VFL"
  • "I have no idea who Riley Garcia's dad is and I want him playing over McComb too."
  • "..."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back