Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 6 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Hard to know if we should pick anybody. In one way it is a free hit to see if the player can make it on the side why spend money on someone that you doubt can make it. From memory we have Poulter and Gardiner from the mid season picks at best depth players not here or nor there if we did not pick them up. If you get a Jai Newcombe it is well worth it.

If we pick anyone up tonight I hope it is not a recycled player. However, I am thinking the dogs track record says they go for a Footscray player most likely Bianco.

Saad El Hawli is a player we should be interested in. Local Altona fc product currently killing it with Preston. Fantastic foot skills and pace.
Ex-NGA Player
Will know the club pretty well

Inside Trading Article

DOG CONTINUES FREE AGENCY TALKS​

THE WESTERN Bulldogs are continuing negotiations on a new deal for ruckman Tim English, as the All-Australian takes time on his free agency decision.

As Inside Trading reported in April, the Dogs made a long-term offer to retain English, who has been keen to get through more of the season before locking in his call.

Discussions are continuing, with the Bulldogs having put forward multiple offers and options as part of talks in a sign the 26-year-old is more likely to stay at the kennel. English is one of eight remaining restricted free agents in the competition, with 108 free agents across the AFL at the midway point of the season.

Honestly, taking only the one pick into the MSD and picking up someone pretty vanilla in Bianco is a little disappointing. He has played very well for us in the VFL this year but I just don't really see any notable AFL quality traits in him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If I remember correctly, this time last year there was an article that we were keen on taking Sullivan, but never happened so hopefully the Bianco article is just a pump up for him. Would rather try and find a young untried gem

Another classic Sam Power misdirect :D

This is from the mid-season draft thread:

Scouting notes from Kelsey a couple of years ago.

"Kelsey Rypstra (North Adelaide)

Small forward, Rypstra applied an abundance of defensive pressure from the get-go, tackling with intent and looking to force the Allies defenders into making mistakes. His attack on the ball was excellent and his closing speed proved pivotal. Although much of his work went unrewarded, coach Tony Bamford will no-doubt have loved the team-first role he played.''

Seems like a great swing for his attributes and also a position of need.

Rypstra did an ACL in his draft year and would have missed a lot of last year as well. High pressure, fast small forward. Only on a short term contract. I like him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back