Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 6 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

The key back paragraph scares me mate.. Keath has been good but can barely bend over to pick up a ground ball. Jones 35 next year. Must pick up another even if it’s just depth (eg a Tomlinson type).

IMG_1305.gif

The B. Smith paragraph is complete gibberish and I guess maybe the rest of your post is also.
Smith is 100% gone. Senior players are over him senior officials are over him and he wants a fresh start. This will be a win win.
Take it to the bank. GONE!!
I 😍 your post because I read the last few lines and want it to be true.

Don't love the first sentence on reread. Mojorisin deserves better.

The key back paragraph scares me mate.. Keath has been good but can barely bend over to pick up a ground ball. Jones 35 next year. Must pick up another even if it’s just depth (eg a Tomlinson type).
Scares all of us I think. Players I'd look at personally would be Borlase, battle and Caleb Graham.
The B. Smith paragraph is complete gibberish and I guess maybe the rest of your post is also.
Smith is 100% gone. Senior players are over him senior officials are over him and he wants a fresh start. This will be a win win.
Take it to the bank. GONE!!
I appreciate I'm not the best with words, I also use big footy on my phone and technology isn't my strong suit but I'm only sharing what i was told by a friend on Saturday morning at the VFL, I trust fully in what he has told me as he has never steered me wrong in the past and is close enough to the situation to know what's going on. I appreciate though that others have heard differently and that is fine.

I would be happy with Barrass for the right price, as in, not having to break the bank for him. Battle I haven't seen enough off, don't pay attention to St Kilda games nowadays so I can't give a proper assessment.

I would be happy with Barrass for the right price, as in, not having to break the bank for him. Battle I haven't seen enough off, don't pay attention to St Kilda games nowadays so I can't give a proper assessment.
Neither will be cheap. I don't think Battle will go past the offer Hawks have in front of him and it isn't something I'd be comfortable offering but you have to pay overs in cash to get free agents. Barrass will cost similar money but is the better player when fit however he has big question marks over his body.

God, what are hawthorn offering Battle? Interesting if they are offering both him and Baz big cash.

“How will they afford Newcombe, Day, Sicily down the track?”

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Few bits I've heard this weekend.
Only two teams in the race for Lobb currently if he leaves, Melbourne and Saints. The dogs will likely block any move unless another tall is brought in.

Macrea has interest from the Cats, would require the dogs to pay 1/3 of his wage though.

The dogs have interest in both Stengle and Rayner, not one or the other the cap space is expected to be there to sign both whilst re-signing next years big guys including a nice pay rise for Richards which is in the works.

The interest in Barrass is their but isn't anymore in depth then an initial conversation with his management, his willing to move and clubs are willing to entertain a potential trade but want to see how he finishes the year and do medicals, both dogs and pies both made it clear nothing would go further then that until that happens.

The dogs are looking at key defenders but more then likely a fringe type, if the ideal target isn't available it isn't viewed as panick stations as all three of Jones, Gardner and Keath will be on the list next year.

Buss won't be looking at a contract until after he has played seniors and ideally a block of games, he is still backing himself in to improve his value he has said that is the only reason.

B.Smith is in a good place and is working on where everything sits for him currently, he genuinely hasn't made up his mind with where he is at and the club is happy to give him time. He knows the offer infront of him and the ball is in his court now.
You can add charlie ballard as a back up name if we don't land Barass

Few bits I've heard this weekend.
Only two teams in the race for Lobb currently if he leaves, Melbourne and Saints. The dogs will likely block any move unless another tall is brought in.

Macrea has interest from the Cats, would require the dogs to pay 1/3 of his wage though.

The dogs have interest in both Stengle and Rayner, not one or the other the cap space is expected to be there to sign both whilst re-signing next years big guys including a nice pay rise for Richards which is in the works.

The interest in Barrass is their but isn't anymore in depth then an initial conversation with his management, his willing to move and clubs are willing to entertain a potential trade but want to see how he finishes the year and do medicals, both dogs and pies both made it clear nothing would go further then that until that happens.

The dogs are looking at key defenders but more then likely a fringe type, if the ideal target isn't available it isn't viewed as panick stations as all three of Jones, Gardner and Keath will be on the list next year.

Buss won't be looking at a contract until after he has played seniors and ideally a block of games, he is still backing himself in to improve his value he has said that is the only reason.

B.Smith is in a good place and is working on where everything sits for him currently, he genuinely hasn't made up his mind with where he is at and the club is happy to give him time. He knows the offer infront of him and the ball is in his court now.
Of all those names would be most stoked with Rayner. He’s an absolute jet. Just needs to work on consistency

Understand the need for tall defender depth over the next couple of years as LJizz and Keath near the end, but I am still bullish on our developing players in this area.

JOD is already a good tall back and has plenty of upside.

Buss has the makings of a solid contributor.

Once Croft's body is ready, has the tools to be an outstanding kpd. Love his competitiveness.

If all re-sign, reckon they are potentially a terrific tall defensive unit.

I think Rayner would flourish with a fresh start in a new environment.

Know a lot of people wouldn’t be keen but I’d be happy to take a chance on him.
Of all those names would be most stoked with Rayner. He’s an absolute jet. Just needs to work on consistency
I don’t see it with Rayner. Just doesn’t get involved enough. Can’t play full time mid, doesn’t impact enough as a forward. If he wasn’t a former 1st pick don’t think he’d be getting much attention

Should be all over Borlase, playing backup ruck at the moment, pinch hitting forward. Surely won’t take much to get him interested as a key back.
Key defenders are the one position Adelaide has been good at drafting/developing recently so there’s a little bit of a logjam. I’d definitely be into Borlase

I don’t see it with Rayner. Just doesn’t get involved enough. Can’t play full time mid, doesn’t impact enough as a forward. If he wasn’t a former 1st pick don’t think he’d be getting much attention
He's like stringer at his worst

Has a 5 minute burst patch then is invisible for the rest of the game

Remove this Banner Ad

Back