Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 6 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was told on Friday that we are still a fair way apart on a deal. I don’t think him going is totally unrealistic.

For what it’s worth I was also told the Pies aren’t in the hunt for Baz as they are chasing a bigger fish in Logan McDonald.
If Collingwood get McDonald they might start losing all these close finishes. :D

Has there been a softer player expecting a million dollars a year? Deadset let English go wherever he wants he is weak as piss
1 genuine superstar ruck has won a flag in the past 15+ years (Gawn).

Never overpay for a ruck. Especially some of the shit English dishes up.

600k -700k a year is all I’d offer.

I don't know what the going rate is for ruckmen, but I wouldn't offer English a dollar more than Rhys Stanley is on this year

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think Freo have once again got their target in Logan after how they were always linked to Jackson early in the year. This time they got ready with the picks.

Truly Moneyball stuff.

Get a half decent ruck for half the price and put the eggs elsewhere.
If we're paying a ruck "half the price" we're looking at someone like Peter Ladhams, who Sydney thought so little of that they went out and got Grundy and are paying Ladhams half a million a year to play reserves.

A deal will get done. It might be a weird negotiation or even something like a one-year deal but it'll get done.

If we're paying a ruck "half the price" we're looking at someone like Peter Ladhams, who Sydney thought so little of that they went out and got Grundy and are paying Ladhams half a million a year to play reserves.

A deal will get done. It might be a weird negotiation or even something like a one-year deal but it'll get done.
Or we could've just got Grundy...

I'm just so glad that we have Darcy and Lobb contracted for next year, so we have plenty of leverage and won't need to overpay English. I'd be fine with losing him. Even my sisters, who only recently started watching footy, were asking why he is so soft.

English has no presence about him.
I did wonder if getting smashed when Xerri basically pushed him like a rag doll and he cannoned into someone if that was the reason… but then realised he was meek all game.
Not worth overpaying for, 750 k or let him go.
Could trade him to the crows, they want a ruck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back