Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 6 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Nothing will really change either way. Dunkley left and Lobb and Jones arrived and we’re overall no better or worse. Will be the same with Smith whether he stays or goes.

I’d wager we will be better off with Smith leaving, seeing as Richards has replaced him this year in the middle. Discounting previous years where Smith had played, We’re basically getting at least a first round pick next year for nothing.

If smith comes back, who goes out? He’s not the best half forward as his accuracy is terrible. He’s not replacing Richards or Sanders (development) in the middle. Garcia is elite and struggling to get a game as is.

The best thing for the club would be to let smith go, get Barass or hit the draft with his pick, and keep Garcia.

I’d wager we will be better off with Smith leaving, seeing as Richards has replaced him this year in the middle. Discounting previous years where Smith had played, We’re basically getting at least a first round pick next year for nothing.

If smith comes back, who goes out? He’s not the best half forward as his accuracy is terrible. He’s not replacing Richards or Sanders (development) in the middle. Garcia is elite and struggling to get a game as is.

The best thing for the club would be to let smith go, get Barass or hit the draft with his pick, and keep Garcia.
Libba and Treloar are getting on. Sanders is developing. Garcia looking great but not cemented (or re-signed). Inevitable injury to someone. Plenty of room for Baz

Nobody with impeccable integrity would actually share information like that though.

Why? I am simply passing on what was said to a person I trust.I believe that’s what he was told.

It wasn’t said to him in confidence - there were other people there.

I have edited the post and replaced integrity with “not a bullsh$t artist”

Better now?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited:
Have heard 2nd, 3rd, 4th … hand that B Smith purchased a home just outside Torquay this weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To elaborate a lil bit more on my info, my money earlier in the year was that he was gone and english was signing for unders. His euro trip has helped him clear his head, get away and evaluate everything. Not saying its a 100% deal, not at all BUT he is considering the fact that dogs have put the work into him, given him his time to evaluate, rehab and repay the faith for as I said a couple of years at max and then evaluate again after those years

Last edited:
To elaborate a lil bit more on my info, my money earlier in the year was that he was gone and english was signing for unders. His euro trip has helped him clear his head, get away and evaluate everything. Not saying its a 100% deal, not at all BUT he is considering the fact that dogs have put the work into him, given him his time to evaluate, rehab and repay for the faith for as I said a couple of years at max and then evaluate again after those years
I've heard Hawks and Pies are out of consideration and it is down to staying at the dogs or going to Geelong.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Old poons for me the old Chinese women with the Aussie accent. But now I get Ken Wongs dim sims they are magnificent.

Lani, she was overly familiar with customers. Always called my father-in-law John which wasn’t even his name 😁
The in-laws were a Poon’s family, never Jimmy Wong’s.
Both were packed on a Saturday night if the Dogs had got up at the “Western Oval” that day.

Geelong would be the worst option for us. They have stuff all in trade value to give us. I still rate Baz a single middle round pick in value at least. Would have been more before the ACL. Geelongs pick will likely end up at the back end of the first round. And there is no saying they will drop back next year either, even with retirements, as they have probably one of the best programs in the league along with Sydney.

I don't know what Baz will do, but he's just knocked on our front door, 6 pack of beers in hand, and asked to sleep on our couch Paul Vanderhaar-style... and we're 2.5 hours from VUWO! 😀

I don't know what Baz will do, but he's just knocked on our front door, 6 pack of beers in hand, and asked to sleep on our couch Paul Vanderhaar-style... and we're 2.5 hours from VUWO! 😀

Are you closer to Geelong may be ?
He may have got lost trying to find Kitty Litter Park

So are we playing for the Bailey Smith cup on Saturday night then?

Remove this Banner Ad

Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 6 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back