Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 6 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

I've heard some stories about Hunter over the years but nothing recently. What's going on with him nowadays? Hasn't gotten his shit together?

Usually players leave Bulldogs and get their shit together.

Melbourne didn’t get him thinking they could fix him, they got him thinking he was perfect for that teams culture.

Bont, Naughton, Marra, Darcy, McNeill - he's probably vying with Richards and Dale for 6th spot.

Going by Baz’s output and impact on games before he got injured I’d have Bont, JUH, Naughts, Darcy, Weightman, Richards, Treloar, and Dale ahead of him in regards to importance to the team. English could also be on that list but his form has obviously dropped off significantly this year compared to last.

If BAZ goes we seriously need to look at why. Something is amiss

I am not going to buy the best for both parties, or BAZ has his issues and needs a fresh start, it is in the interest of player and club etc etc . He is 23 a top 10 pick we need his speed and are yelling out for midfield types like him

Baz (if he goes), Stringer, Dunkley, Hunter are all talents that have left and some are top 10 picks.

It’s simple. Baz wants to play full time mid, and Dogs have a number of players ahead of him which will no doubt force him to play half forward again.

Geelong and Hawks both need a player like him to play midfield.

No hard feelings, he’s chasing opportunity and money. Just hope we get Geelong’s first & F1 and aren’t screwed over in a trade.

It’s simple. Baz wants to play full time mid, and Dogs have a number of players ahead of him which will no doubt force him to play half forward again.

Geelong and Hawks both need a player like him to play midfield.

No hard feelings, he’s chasing opportunity and money. Just hope we get Geelong’s first & F1 and aren’t screwed over in a trade.

I do not buy full time mid

Libba, Trealor, Macrae are all closer to the end.

At 23 year old Baz has 6 years plus to prove himself and opportunity to be a full time midfielder

I've heard some stories about Hunter over the years but nothing recently. What's going on with him nowadays? Hasn't gotten his shit together?

Usually players leave Bulldogs and get their shit together.

He’s got another convenient one-week calf injury at the moment. Still all the same issues as he has with us.

Apart from Dunkley- have we lost any players we really wanted to keep? Lipinski could be one but I don't think the list management team were too fussed
Hamling and Harbrow we wanted to keep but they left for personal reasons and on good terms.

Oh ! Jordan Lewis says "Hi"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thing with Lippa is who's spot is he taking now anyway?
He's not a star, but he was a consistent selection (if still fringe player) for a team that went on to win a flag. He'd have played games consistently over the last two years even if not a perfect fit, surely.

And small Mexicans
Salma Hayek Actress GIF

So he'd get a game over a guy whos played 3 games this year 1 of which was sub,

Thats the point he'd be exactly the same as what he was when he left

He played 25 games in 2022 when Pies made a prelim and finished 4th

He played 14 games (inj) in their flag year where they finished on top

He has played around 15 games this year if not more

I am sure he could have been played ahead of some others as noted below

For example Poulter, Baker, Scott, Gallagher, Laith, McComb (especially in 22), Roarke Smith (22)

Last edited:

For example Poulter, Baker, Scott, Gallagher, Laith
Poulter/Baker/Scott have all hardly played and been depth,

He isn't a quick pressure forward so wouldn't replace either of them

Poulter/Baker/Scott have all hardly played and been depth,

He isn't a quick pressure forward so wouldn't replace either of them

Baker played 18 games in 23 that is not depth
Scott 22 games in 23 that is not depth

Lipinski ahead of the above two anytime any year any position

For example Poulter, Baker, Scott, Gallagher, Laith, McComb (especially in 22), Roarke Smith (22)
The point is that he's a nice solid player but probably doesn't make us a better side in 2024. He works at Collingwood because they're full of pacey smalls and can afford to carry a slower skilled type.

There's also an argument to suggest he hasn't really improved as a player. He's more or less the same guy we played in 2019 & 2020, just gets more consistent games now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 6 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back