Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 6 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Is García still contracted for next year?

Really important we keep him. While I still prefer him to McNeil, VDM and Gallagher ( who I think could be good but not sure he has the hands to be an inside mid or marking for a Duryea replacement) - more important is our list should always have an answer to obvious key man risks.

In the next year we are likely to lose Trelor and Libba and probably Libba - this will leave huge holes.

Assuming we lose Smith also (however don’t) - a first round pick for Smith is a big loss - he is proven and ready to play and has just what we need. We would be looking for some just like him but more risk and younger.

García and West are good options and will only get better when they play there. West is now getting more time there - his last 5-10 mins v Carlton was some of his best play all year. Watching closely the second time / he was amazing beating all players to get first hands on the ball.

Today our mids are flying:

Bont, Trelor, Libba, Red are a great core with Macrae being pushed out by Red. Sanders coming through nicely. This should continue in 2025

In 2026

Bont, Red, Smith, Sanders, Garcia, West is still very strong. With a young Cooney coming through.

If not Garcia - who on our list? Bevo playing Gags in front of him but Gags is not a rover and does not get first possessions - like Libba. He has speed but doesn’t burst out of stoppages like Trelor.

If you are Wet Toast - you throw the kitchen sink at Garcia - West Australian - straight into 22 and immediately hardens them up inside where they are getting beaten up and at 22 years old is perfect and gettable. If he can get paid more - plays more - goes home……. Hate managers but they have to get this done and will be a loss for us.

I come in peace just wanted to say took my son to cats shop today at gmhba and Bailey smith Jed Bews and Tyson strangle come out off the rooms and went to there cars just thought I would let you guys know
Never let the truth get in the way of a good story.

Question if Sanders was not our first selection and we gave up a lot to get him would he be getting a game in front of Garcia?. I think not. Interesting Port are reported to be interested even though they are well stocked for young midfielders.

Question if Sanders was not our first selection and we gave up a lot to get him would he be getting a game in front of Garcia?. I think not. Interesting Port are reported to be interested even though they are well stocked for young midfielders.

There’s no doubt we are trying to fast track Sanders. Which I think is the right decision for the future.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There’s no doubt we are trying to fast track Sanders. Which I think is the right decision for the future.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Was happy to see him take it on bit more last night. There were some long kicks forward not just the first short handball. Think he's close to a break out game.

Jones is 34 and Lobb 32.

Of course we need him.
Barrass is 29.

We have Buss, JOD and Croft developing. Khamis can intercept. We have time to draft and develop another if we take one late.

Now that we don't need Barrass we can focus on recruiting a Mitch Hahn type

Does Freijah have more potential than Sanders? Just think he could be a really powerful mid once he fills out

Maybe and that’s not a slight on Sanders.

There is just something about Freijah. Looks like he could be anything and would not be surprised if he becomes a big bodied mid when his body fills out, think he has looked good in traffic too.

We have JOD and Buss, who should be ready by the time they hang up the boots in another year or two.

And I expect we still see Croft as a long term defender.
Have you seen the size of Buss lately. Has packed on muscle and is built like a bus. A bigger version of Weitering with better footskills and marking. Will stand all the big KPF with ease in a year or so. JOD is second KPD to play those more mobile forward talls, allowing coffield and Khamis to play that medium defender role. Interesting dilemma with Croft now. He is so mobile for a big man that he could be turned into whatever we need him to be as he’s still pretty raw with huge upside.

Remove this Banner Ad

Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 6 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back