Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 6 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

The only other wo players I like for the Giants playing in that game are Leek Aleer and Nick Madden.

If English was still unsigned then I could certainly see us looking at Madden. I haven't seen much of Aleer but young key defender so could be looking at him.

Madden is the best ruck I’ve seen at vfl level this year - doesn’t strike me as a bevo player though and signed a new deal this year.
Very impressed with Madden today, outpointed Tom Downie who has been fantastic for Willy this season. Great use of body (just within the rules), good clean marking, didn't know much of him before today but he stood out for the Giants.

Madden is the best ruck I’ve seen at vfl level this year - doesn’t strike me as a bevo player though and signed a new deal this year.
He definitely has a bright future and I think he will take over the ruck mantle at GWS in a couple of years but other then O'Halloran, Madden and Aleer I don't think anyone played that was worth chasing.

No Dalrymple had a job already lined up.

He said it himself he no longer liked working at the Dogs because he wasn't backed up by the footy boss and was overruled by Bevo so took a job at Sydney.
Sad the way it turned out when you read he is a life member too.

The battle of the ITKs with 3 claiming 3 different destinations.

Just need Fronk to come back and say Collingwood are back in the running
You don't think 3 or more clubs would be making a play for him?

He definitely has a bright future and I think he will take over the ruck mantle at GWS in a couple of years but other then O'Halloran, Madden and Aleer I don't think anyone played that was worth chasing.
o’halloran has a family connection and was a local boy. However don’t see him being the right fit for us.

Ive had a change of mind after watching his last few weeks

I'll throw a one year deal to keep Dom
His forward craft has really improved this year

I'm the opposite, I don't see a role for him going forward. I thought he had some hope as a winger or half back flanker, but his ball use isn't good enough IMO. He doesn't offer enough defensively to challenge any of our small forwards as well. Croft even offers up more defensively. He has to be delisted.

Very impressed with Madden today, outpointed Tom Downie who has been fantastic for Willy this season. Great use of body (just within the rules), good clean marking, didn't know much of him before today but he stood out for the Giants.
Watched him against the dogs earlier in the year. His the only ruck I’ve seen take smith to the cleaners this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm the opposite, I don't see a role for him going forward. I thought he had some hope as a winger or half back flanker, but his ball use isn't good enough IMO. He doesn't offer enough defensively to challenge any of our small forwards as well. Croft even offers up more defensively. He has to be delisted.
I’d delist. However I think his disposal is great. I’m disappointed we haven’t tried him behind the ball more often as his main issue is that he can’t find the pill.

I don’t think he has the intensity to play as forward.

Ive had a change of mind after watching his last few weeks

I'll throw a one year deal to keep Dom
His forward craft has really improved this year

I’m not totally against it but unless there is some surprise retirements it feels like he has to be one off the main list. Potentially a re-rookie option

I’d delist. However I think his disposal is great. I’m disappointed we haven’t tried him behind the ball more often as his main issue is that he can’t find the pill.

I don’t think he has the intensity to play as forward.

Intensity is also a problem, agree. I guess we'll agree to disagree on his ball use then, but I think his ball use is the reason why he hasn't been used much behind the ball. I was very much pushing for him to be more behind the ball throughout the season, I think I see why he wasn't though.

Maybe O'Halloran?
I know the dogs have interest in Grego who played for Willy but drafting isn't his area.

I remember seeing Sam Power at Fremantle Oval last year scouting Lance Collard so he definitely gets out and watches a few of the draft prospects through the year.

Love O'Driscoll as a player, so much talent and a good size. Extremely injury prone and is the main reason he hasn't solidified a spot in Freo's best 22, we must be confident we can get his body right if we bring him across because he has had a wretched run with injury the last few years.

Bedendo has fantastic foot skills, bordering on elite (maybe a touch inconsistent). His skillset is great on paper, the marking, kicking, goal sense, composure and step in traffic, athletic ability. For whatever reason he just can’t find the pill enough, maybe intensity. Not sure what to do with him I think we’ll delist but I wouldn’t care if we kept him on, hope he gets another shot somewhere I think there’s a decent AFL level footballer in there and he’s got as much talent as anyone on our list if he unlocks it.

He probably should have been given a larger run at AFL level to be honest, he fit in great in his 2 games and shouldn’t have been dropped. I do sort of see his game translating to the higher level grounds and teammates, there’s no reason he couldn’t play the VDM role with his skillset IF he had the intensity/discipline… not sure he does though

Bedendo has fantastic foot skills, bordering on elite (maybe a touch inconsistent). His skillset is great on paper, the marking, kicking, goal sense, composure and step in traffic, athletic ability. For whatever reason he just can’t find the pill enough, maybe intensity. Not sure what to do with him I think we’ll delist but I wouldn’t care if we kept him on, hope he gets another shot somewhere I think there’s a decent AFL level footballer in there and he’s got as much talent as anyone on our list if he unlocks it.

He probably should have been given a larger run at AFL level to be honest, he fit in great in his 2 games and shouldn’t have been dropped. I do sort of see his game translating to the higher level grounds and teammates, there’s no reason he couldn’t play the VDM role with his skillset IF he had the intensity/discipline… not sure he does though
Yeah but then we wouldn’t have got those extra games into Hannan if we didn’t drop Dom. I wish he had the intensity to play the VDM role because he’s got the overall fitness base.

Remove this Banner Ad

Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 6 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back