Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 6 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

My thoughts exactly.

Can't get there on Bailey ever being A grade outside of the semi and prelim in 2021. The run he had pre headbutt and suspension was approaching it but even then it was built on mass accumulation. Agree re: the ACL.
My thoughts exactly.

Can't get there on Bailey ever being A grade outside of the semi and prelim in 2021. The run he had pre headbutt and suspension was approaching it but even then it was built on mass accumulation. Agree re: the ACL.

He was 21 years old when he ripped a finals series apart and started the season on fire in 2022.

After the video surfaced with him and an illicit substance his season/form fell apart. The next year (2023) Geelong made him an offer and his head wasn't in it anymore.

The idea that he isn't worth a high first rounder or two mid first rounders is ridiculous. Its not like Baz is 27 and has realised his full potential.

No one would play English over Sweet most that wanted Sweet played like me would have loved to see English/Sweer combination at least tried.

There are very few coaches that would not have at least tried that.

No one thinks Sweet is a Madden

Sweet is at Port he is Ports problem we have English and he is our problem

Who would you have dropped out of Naughton, Marra and Darcy to accommodate Sweet?

He didn't get games here because he his a first ruck with no forward ability. He is only getting games now because Soldo got injured, Port wouldn't play both rucks either.

Baz is contracted, so needs to attend so many functions and training sessions to get paid.
Correct but given how critical the weekends game is for the year it's odd the club posting him for "clicks" as it will cause unnecessary distraction unless he's made his mind up to stay

He'd almost be silly not to now if winning is his priority given our emerging young core
Unless there's something really serious thats gone down within the 4walls (and I'm lead to believe the only thing his been unhappy about is being told he isnt playing this season) - he really should re-consider where he signs.

GCS? Who knows where they'll be next year.
Geelong? Cliff is coming
Hawks? Probably the only other really attractive team

Unless there's something really serious thats gone down within the 4walls (and I'm lead to believe the only thing his been unhappy about is being told he isnt playing this season) - he really should re-consider where he signs.

GCS? Who knows where they'll be next year.
Geelong? Cliff is coming
Hawks? Probably the only other really attractive team
Yep and hawks wont have the trade capital after Barrass

As this board offical old campaigner linguist and interpreter of the yoofs Lingo.

Let me decipher what "ticking n licken stop the yappin" means.

Ive just ticked off on a new contract. Im licking my lips in anticipation at getting back in the side. Stop talking out of your arses about which you know nothing about.

You're welcome.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not an ITK by any stretch but I was told about the Gold Coast stuff 2 days ago and ran it by some of our ITKs here.

I won't go into detail on the other things I was told because they're irrelevant to me and most others not around the situation but when I pair what I was told with the assumption that he has done a medical at the Gold Coast in the last 2 weeks I'm pretty certain that he hasn't actually made a decision. But as Baz has said himself, I'mma stop yappin.

Who would you have dropped out of Naughton, Marra and Darcy to accommodate Sweet?

He didn't get games here because he his a first ruck with no forward ability. He is only getting games now because Soldo got injured, Port wouldn't play both rucks either.

Sweet was hardly on our list when Darcy was there.

JUH came to the club 2021 ? Didn’t play much in his first year or 2 ?

I think there was an opportunity to play Timmy forward ruck and Sweet ruck before 2022 at least see how it goes

Saldo has played several games now at SANFL now Port has that dilemma whether they play 2 or one and if so which one.

Don't know what to make of this, but surely the club isn't going to play games with members, sponsors and supporters here.

Perhaps Smith, Bevo and the club have been playing games with the football public, and the media in particular, all year 🤭

Agree. If the club knows he’s going, why post something that makes it look like he’s all in. Doesn’t bother me either way but there’ll be fans that will see this as a strong sign that he’s staying and will feel pretty gutted when he leaves.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

We literally saw this earlier this season around about the time he was at the F1 while we were playing in Ballarat, Collingwood players were told to stop posting about him, there was mounting talk about him being absent from the team so we made him attend a game and sign some hats.

He then went to Europe, put up a pic of himself holding his cat on the coast, and the whole discourse reached fever pitch again.

Much like when everyone thought Kim Jong Un had died so they had to put out some somewhat questionable pictures of him very much alive. Unless we have replaced Baz with a body double?

Or perhaps we want to capitalise off his social media following while we still can, maybe we should be making him do daily dog vlogs until we hit 65k members.

We literally saw this earlier this season around about the time he was at the F1 while we were playing in Ballarat, Collingwood players were told to stop posting about him, there was mounting talk about him being absent from the team so we made him attend a game and sign some hats.

He then went to Europe, put up a pic of himself holding his cat on the coast, and the whole discourse reached fever pitch again.

Much like when everyone thought Kim Jong Un had died so they had to put out some somewhat questionable pictures of him very much alive. Unless we have replaced Baz with a body double?

Or perhaps we want to capitalise off his social media following while we still can, maybe we should be making him do daily dog vlogs until we hit 65k members.
I can confirm.

I am the body double

If Baz stays we simply don’t have to worry about the mids and forwards. Attention then turns to lockdown small defender and wings and possibly another KPD post retirement of Jones and Lobb. I’m very bullish on a future backline of Buss, JoD and Freijah although I see Freijah as an elite winger in the making, possibly solving one of our wing issues. I’d persist with Poulter on the other wing as he’s showing good signs.

If I was going to read into anything it would be that for nearly 12 months Bailey Smith has managed to avoid even suggesting he wants to stay at the Dogs.

If Baz stays we simply don’t have to worry about the mids and forwards. Attention then turns to lockdown small defender and wings and possibly another KPD post retirement of Jones and Lobb. I’m very bullish on a future backline of Buss, JoD and Freijah although I see Freijah as an elite winger in the making, possibly solving one of our wing issues. I’d persist with Poulter on the other wing as he’s showing good signs.

Would like to find a high end small forward to move past vdm and McNeil

Remove this Banner Ad

Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 6 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back