Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 6 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

15 and F2. I can't see us having too many list spots and I think we will get an okay pick for Macrae and/or Daniel too, so the F2 will be useful
I also think that’s where it’ll end up. Hopefully Geelong struggle in finals and that pick ends up close to 12 than 15.

Most of us think he’s worth around pick 10 so it’s pretty fair to me eye. No matter what contract a team gives him, he’s still a reasonably risky proposition.

Say we accept 15 + 2nd rounder for Baz.

Would the second rounder be enough for O’Driscoll? Can see why we are interested, and if Bolton and Baker are joining Freo, it’d make sense for them to trade him.

Would the second rounder be enough for O’Driscoll? Can see why we are interested, and if Bolton and Baker are joining Freo, it’d make sense for them to trade him.
I can see a F3 be enough for O'Driscoll. He hasn't been able to push his way in and injury prone.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

“But Geelong can’t afford that”

“But that’s a risky trade for Geelong”

“But Geelong could finish low next year”

Why should we GAF? They want the player, they need to pay for him.
Praise The Lord GIF by Soul Train

Thank you. I also don't give a flying what Geelong have or don't have or whatever, they want him, they pay up or they can have a look at him in the PSD for all I care. We do what's best for our club, that's all that matters here.

O’Driscoll should be worth bigger all. He was a pick 27 and has had major injury issues.

See what Coffield was worth.

Where are we linked to him? No doubting the interest, just curious

Praise The Lord GIF by Soul Train

Thank you. I also don't give a flying what Geelong have or don't have or whatever, they want him, they pay up or they can have a look at him in the PSD for all I care. We do what's best for our club, that's all that matters here.
Unfortunately that’s not how it works.

A player nominates a club and the player gets to the club.

I'd be encouraging Anthony Scott to retire. 30 next year, injury prone particularly with the concussions and others have gone past him now. Was a decent contributor, I think we need to move past him now especially if we bring in O'Driscoll.
He's played 21, 14 and 22 games in the prior three seasons, and proven to be solid, AFL standard depth (on a minimum contract). Premature to be forcing him out after one injury interrupted season at 29/30, not 35.

He's played 21, 14 and 22 games in the prior three seasons, and proven to be solid, AFL standard depth (on a minimum contract). Premature to be forcing him out after one injury interrupted season at 29/30, not 35.
I imagine he's not on big dollars either.
Handy depth, and Freijah came from nowhere to be a best 22 player. Scott probably plays if Joel wasn't ahead of the curve

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 6 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back