Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 6 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

I always thought Bedendo best chance was re-inventing himself as a Jeremy Howe type interceptor. Doesn’t look like he’ll make it here now.
Not with Freijah, JOF, Khamis and Coffield back there now

The kid probably gets games at a few other clubs - Richmond for sure as a medium forward. Unfortunately I just don't see a pathway into the team with us.

If I’ve been following things correctly, Bailey Smith is re-signing with us for 2 years, then signing at Gold Coast for 4 years and finally moving to Geelong on a 6 year deal starting from 2031, with potential to then play at Hawthorn in 2037
And after that, taking Barry's drinks to world domination...

Question without notice. Or maybe its already been asked. Butters contract ends at the end of 2026. How do we get him?
Port implode if they lose next week?
Player contacts are pretty flimsy these days - see Tom Barrass

Question without notice. Or maybe its already been asked. Butters contract ends at the end of 2026.
How do we get him?
Simples.

Just get our list management ninja to remind him of Ports appalling finals record.

Question without notice. Or maybe its already been asked. Butters contract ends at the end of 2026. How do we get him?
Step 1: Port lose next week
Step 2: we devise a way to play this clip subliminally in his mind, on repeat, 24hrs a day until trade week >insert evil laugh<
Step 3: welcome home, Zak.

Exactly what I was going to bring up. If the Doggies recruiting team isn't already doing it they better be on the phone to him and his management group to try to get him over to us.

He's publicly mentioned multiple times that he's a doggies supporter, loves the Bont and went to school in Maribyrnong.

So I was thinking he's contracted till 2026 when he hits free agency which would be the ideal way for us to get him. But what we've seen recently is clubs letting players go 1 year before they hit free agency so they get some draft capital back for him, so hopefully we have a chance to get him as soon as next year.

And I think this would be the perfect succession for Treloar who will be 34 by 2026.

Thoughts?

Also I am the only one feeling less unhappy now if we end up losing Baz? I feel like Ed has been the perfect replacement for him. He's got the same speed as Baz except he's a much better field kick whereas Baz is an absolute butcher with the pill. Goal kicking is pretty even between them as well.

If I’ve been following things correctly, Bailey Smith is re-signing with us for 2 years, then signing at Gold Coast for 4 years and finally moving to Geelong on a 6 year deal starting from 2031, with potential to then play at Hawthorn in 2037
You forgot that he’s mates with Naicos so he will probably play for Collingwood as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would prefer Bailey Smith

That game just showed us again that our outside mids and small forwards need a huge upgrade. We constantly got smashed on the spread and struggled to shut down outlets. The good thing is bringing in those types of role players normally doesn't cost a lot. I'd be trying for 4-5 pick inside the first 40 and focus on fast energetic types with at least average disposal. If 2 of them can displace VDM/Daniel/McNeil from the best 22 we will be a much better team.

“If someone shows you who they are, believe them”.

English has shown us for years he is soft, timid and often uncompetitive, why didn’t we believe him?

When we drafted Tim, third man up and 6-6-6 didn't exist. We obviously would have been thinking that we could get Tim's strengths while being able to plan around his considerable weaknesses.

Instead the AFL made moves to keep "dinosaur" rucks competitive. It forces Tim, repeatedly, into the exact situation we thought we could avoid: Putting him on an island against rucks that aren't as talented but far stronger and more competitive.

That "midfielder in a ruck's body" was the dream we were sold, and what we got was essentially ruck Schache.

I also don't put much into Tim pulling a Bradbury AA selection because the competition was hurt. If that selection meant anything where was the competition for his signature? Where did that supposed west coast mega deal go?

Tim isn't a totally useless player. But there is so much exposed form of him getting absolutely mauled - particularly in high pressure games.

If this was the NBA, Tim would be known as an empty calories, good stats bad team player. What I honestly think he is, is like a C grade Sam Darcy. If we wanted, we have the superior model on our list already. Or, alternatively, we don't pay $800,000+ for a player that loses his positional battle most weeks, in a position where most clubs cycle through cheap journeymen who get the job done anyway.

And to clarify, not saying he's the main reason we lost, or that Sweet is better etc.

But it's time to call the spade a spade here.

honestly hope we attack the trade period hard this year we have been soft on it the past 2 -3 years since we lost the granny when we should of attacked it years ago

would love butters but that seems unrealistic

besides peatling do we seem to be into anyone else?

Signing Bailey Smith should be a priority. There is a clear midfield role for him

On SM-S926B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 6 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back